Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

3 year season ticket

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I didn''t think we did 3 or for that matter 5 year season tickets anymore ?[/quote]The excellent five-year option was quickly killed off by the new regime in an act of Dickensian cruelty, and I haven''t noticed any mention since, in the bumpf that gets sent out at renewal time, of it being brought back, or of a three-year option. There was certainly nothing in the leaflet this time.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I didn''t think we did 3 or for that matter 5 year season tickets anymore ?[/quote]The excellent five-year option was quickly killed off by the new regime in an act of Dickensian cruelty, and I haven''t noticed any mention since, in the bumpf that gets sent out at renewal time, of it being brought back, or of a three-year option. There was certainly nothing in the leaflet this time.[/quote]It was a desperate ploy when we needed money quickly. Failing some unforeseen financial disaster I doubt we will see its like again.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Pay now or instalments over 6 months[/quote]

HmmmFinancial troubles.....We need to be told.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Vanwink"]You sir are a troll[/quote]You''ve been talking to my wife.[/quote]

😄

Something tells me Winky is on a wind up unless i have missed something. Nothing in 2015/16 season ticket and priority membership pack that was sent out and nothing on the website.

Apologies to Winky just found it on the news page of the club site. Pay up including 2018/19 season at your January 2015 price either in full or spread over 6 months.Sorry i doubted you Winky but this is a complete turn around by the club as when Mr.McNally arrived 3 and 5 year season tickets were stopped.

NORWICH City are delighted to announce

that, for a limited time only, season ticket holders have the

opportunity to guarantee their seats for the next three seasons, all at

their current best available price.

Whilst season ticket prices have remained at the same rate for the past

four years, this is an opportunity to guarantee those same great prices

for the next three years.

The three-year season ticket will reflect the best price available for

your age category at the beginning of each respective season and will

change reflecting that.

As well as this, supporters have the opportunity to either pay for their

three-year season tickets immediately or pay in instalments over the

following six months.

Season ticket holders will subsequently be able to enjoy their seat up to and including the 2018-19 season.

These can be purchased either in person at the Carrow Road ticket office or over the phone by calling 0844 826 1902.

There is only a limited number available so contact the ticket office to find out more.

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-three-year-season-tickets-2637683.aspx#LkelbITQAcqBaVD4.99

Oddly worded as in the opening sentence it says ''season ticket holders have a limited time''.............so i assume all 20 odd thousand of us then at the end it says.................''There is only a limited number available'' which tends to suggest first come first served until they reach a certain number who cough up but not the 20 odd thousand.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Oddly worded as in the opening sentence it says ''season ticket holders have a limited time''.............so i assume all 20 odd thousand of us then at the end it says.................''There is only a limited number available'' which tends to suggest first come first served until they reach a certain number who cough up but not the 20 odd thousand.[/quote]That is not the only odd piece of wording. On the face of it these two paragraphs look contradictory:Whilst season ticket prices have remained at the same rate for the past four years, this is an opportunity to guarantee those same great prices for the next three years.
The three-year season ticket will reflect the best price available for your age category at the beginning of each respective season and will change reflecting that.
What looks like a guarantee of frozen prices over three years (ie what in effect what we had before) in the first para doesn''t look like that in the second para, with the comment about prices changing every season. It is not entirely clear to me how this is a different deal, but no doubt the ticket office will explain.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
NORWICH City are delighted to announce

that, for a limited time only, season ticket holders have the

opportunity to guarantee their seats for the next three seasons, all at

their current best available price.

Whilst season ticket prices have remained at the same rate for the past

four years, this is an opportunity to guarantee those same great prices for the next three years.

The three-year season ticket will reflect the best price available for

your age category at the beginning of each respective season and will change reflecting that.

As well as this, supporters have the opportunity to either pay for their

three-year season tickets immediately or pay in instalments over the

following six months.

Season ticket holders will subsequently be able to enjoy their seat up to and including the 2018-19 season.

These can be purchased either in person at the Carrow Road ticket office or over the phone by calling 0844 826 1902.

There is only a limited number available so contact the ticket office to find out more.

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-three-year-season-tickets-2637683.aspx#LkelbITQAcqBaVD4.99
[/quote]Now i am confused. [*-)]

Looks like you beat me to it Purple. How very confusing and poorly worded as it appears that if you pay at the first deadline for each of the next 3 seasons at whatever the rate is you will be no better off coughing up now or within the next six months.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Looks like you beat me to it Purple. How very confusing and poorly worded as it appears that if you pay at the first deadline for each of the next 3 seasons at whatever the rate is you will be no better off coughing up now or within the next six months.[/quote]Perhaps we are just not very bright!It is possible there is some ambiguous significance in using the words "reflect" and "reflecting":The three-year season ticket will reflect the best price available for your age category at the beginning of each respective season and will change reflecting that.In other words the prices for these three-year ticket holders each year will be take into account the general prices but not necessarily include the whole amount of any rise. In effect it will be a concession, in the way OAPs pay less. But in this case a potentially lower price for promising to be a season-ticket holder for three years. Or not...

Money''s too tight to mention

cut-back!

Mo-ney mo-ney mo-ney mon-ey

We''re talk-in'' a-bout mon-ey mon-ey

We''re talk-in'' ''bout the dollar bill

Now what are we all to do

When the mon-ey''s got a hold on you?

Mo-ney''s too tight to mention

Oh mon-ey mon-ey mon-ey mon-ey

Mo-ney''s too tight to mention

A-mero - mon-ey oh yeah

We''re talk-in'' a-bout mon-ey mon-ey:..

I think you''re all looking into this too much.

If they are asking you to pay for a 3 year ticket either now or in 6 monthly payments then the price of your ticket will be paid now, guaranteeing you will pay no more money until the start of the 2019/20 season.

The age group thing will mean if you cross over from a junior to an adult or an adult to an oap then the ticket office will work out the pro rata price.

That''s how it reads to me anyway

So essentially, if you have a spare couple of grand - you can save a bit of money by buying your next 3 season tickets now at the same price as you have paid for the last 4 years.

Everyone else - see it as fair warning that ST prices will be rising (considerably?) when the renewals go out in January

Just coughed up £1651.50p for the next 3 years and was told that i was not the first this morning and that the press release should not have stated ''There is only a limited number available''. The best price available sentence means as long as you remain in your current age category it will stay at the 2015/16 price you paid but moving into another category during the 3 year offer means your price will alter.

It would be reasonable to infer that some influx of cash is desired.

It would be legitimate to then ask why this might be so.

Good strikers are expensive, both in terms of fee and wages across the length of the contract.

That fans will feel invested in such a signing - with a sense of having directly contributed - adds feel good.

Parma

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]It would be reasonable to infer that some influx of cash is desired.

It would be legitimate to then ask why this might be so.

Good strikers are expensive, both in terms of fee and wages across the length of the contract.

That fans will feel invested in such a signing - with a sense of having directly contributed - adds feel good.

Parma[/quote]Nah, Parma! It is for stadium expansion...[;)][:D][;)]

I know I''m with the majority here... I just don''t understand this.

So I have to pay for three years worth of season tickets within 6 months, as opposed to paying per season on a monthly basis...

And this is a clear indication that prices are going to go up...

So the club are rewarding the richer fans, who can afford to pay early and punishing those who can''t.

Also why do the club ''need'' this money? By recent standards - were absolutely rolling in it. Unless they''re planning on buying Messi?

I find this whole offer confusing... Something is in the pipeline

[quote user="Lewis DW"]I know I''m with the majority here... I just don''t understand this.

So I have to pay for three years worth of season tickets within 6 months, as opposed to paying per season on a monthly basis...

And this is a clear indication that prices are going to go up...

So the club are rewarding the richer fans, who can afford to pay early and punishing those who can''t.

Also why do the club ''need'' this money? By recent standards - were absolutely rolling in it. Unless they''re planning on buying Messi?

I find this whole offer confusing... Something is in the pipeline[/quote]Probably, IF we stay in the Premier League. But we could theoretically end up in League Two. In which case prices will almost certainly have fallen. And it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that we will spend the next three seasons in the Championship. Anyone stumping up the cash now, as I intend to, will be taking a risk that they end up over-paying.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 21/08/2015 9:14 PM:

Apologies to Winky just found it on the news page of the club site. Pay up including 2018/19 season at your January 2015 price either in full or spread over 6 months.

Sorry i doubted you Winky but this is a complete turn around by the club as when Mr.McNally arrived 3 and 5 year season tickets were stopped.

No problem Tilly, I had an email come through from the club last night inviting me to extend my season ticket for the next three years, you''ve probably had one yourself by now.

I was going to say I''m not sure that this is really about the money, however, having done some calculations, it quickly became apparent that this could indeed be about the money. Even if (for example) only 20% of ST holders take up this offer, the club gets quite a significant lump sum of cash in one hit.

If it is indeed about the money, then one has to ask the question why?

Are we a bit cash strapped, and are we desperate to not take out a loan of any description, even short term ones?

All of the premier league money doesn''t come at once, at the beginning of the season.

But this still doesn''t explain why we would be cash strapped?

As has already been mentioned, a star striker on high wages, those wages would need paying over the full contract length, so what happens when you reach year 2, year 3 etc? However once we are in year 2 & year 3 and provided we are still in the Premier League obviously, the amount of extra TV income would more than cover the loss in annual ST revenue due to those who paid for 3 year ST''s.

Is the club planning some kind of redevelopment of CR? Do you really think that the club would try to tie as many people into 3 year ST''s as possible and then announce something?