Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Benik Afobe

I don''t know about you guys, but this is all getting a bit embarrassing, bids for players being turned down left right and centre, all strikers too. It seems we are bidding on a new player every day. But the thing that concerns me is the type of player we are after, Afobe and Walters are two different style players!

Forget the rest, this is the man. Pace, power, goals....young and hungry, huge resale value.

Definitely worth paying a few million more to secure this player.

Ignore what Wolves are saying and go for it Board!

He said post match last week that he wasn''t going to comment on incomings. I think Mcnally might have had a tactful word after Neil made the comments about players not want to come to Norwich.

First steps I see nothing to be embarrassed about, the only bid that has been confirmed as being turned down is the Afobe bid. Everything else is speculation and rumour.

Papers love a good rumour/ making things up and now we are in the premier league this unfortunately gets worse and will only do so between now and the end of the window as they try and work fans into a frenzy. All they are after is getting you to buy their paper and visit their website so they can make money on advertising. Wouldn''t be surprised if papers had a list of clubs and a number of times they have to put stories in each week depending on the club''s fan base size. Bigger fan base equals more stories equals more clicks equals more money for them. Look at how much nonsense is made up about Man United every day.

[quote user="firststeps"]I don''t know about you guys, but this is all getting a bit embarrassing, bids for players being turned down left right and centre, all strikers too. It seems we are bidding on a new player every day. But the thing that concerns me is the type of player we are after, Afobe and Walters are two different style players![/quote]And apparently we bid for Koulibaly too. Yet he''s a completely different type of player too. And I have no idea why we got both Mulumbu and Brady when they''re different style players. It''s a concern, no?

Jeezus, i just noticed that ALL our players are a bit different from each other, some are even very different. Why hasnt this been sorted, someone is responsible.

Can see another bid going in for this one with Wolves losing two on the bounce. The worry being that Villa or another more established club would come in and bid higher.

Looked poor and a bit chubby against Cardiff yesterday , Austin would be the better buy proven at Prem level Afobe is not .

said in the paper today ( sun I know ! ) we have offered to treble his wages to approx. 40 k a week

that''s why wolves can say what they like but that will turn any players head

[quote user="norfolkngood"]said in the paper today ( sun I know ! ) we have offered to treble his wages to approx. 40 k a week

that''s why wolves can say what they like but that will turn any players head[/quote]
Hopefully!

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Looked poor and a bit chubby against Cardiff yesterday , Austin would be the better buy proven at Prem level Afobe is not .[/quote]

He will lose the chubby under the AN regime.

Wolves have much deeper rooted problems than trying to keep Afobe,  their comments about building a team around Afobe are laughable if you read the Wolves forums. Their fans are more worried about the entire team they have right now, seem like only 6 to 8 new signings will save them from a freefall. Wether this has any bearing on us managing to attract Afobe here is another thing. One things for sure...yes their fans would be far from happy seeing him move to Norwich...but to Villa?...wow if that ever happened Kenny Jacket would never get out of Wolverhampton alive.

Indeed I saw the Villa link and after that statement I think they might as well hand out free matches and petrol if they decided to sell to them at the next home match!

With regards to will this happen? I think we need to hear him commit his future to Wolves in the press before we can consider this a complete dead end. No doubt we have other irons in the fire, but if this one is a goer expect a new record transfer fee and our clubs first ever 10 million + player!

as long as we don''t go mad

it shows when stokes record signing was 12m and they do things the right way

Yeah, with Gray costing £9 mil and Mings £8 it''s gonna be around £11 mil if you take onboard the stupid prices being paid for British players atm

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Story is we are putting in an improved offer of over £8.5m, this will test Wolves resolve.[/quote]

Are you sure it''s us linked with a second bid as Newcastle are supposedly bidding for him again? Last thing we need is a bidding war. Genuinely think we''ll need to move on to other targets sharpish

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/08/newcastle-to-make-second-bid-for-benik-afobe-according-to-claims/

That''s the link to Newcastle''s second bid

8 mil cash and add ons if we stay up would be fine

if we stay up paying a extra say 2million for someone would be worth it and we would have far more money next year

The arguement about signing European and British players... British players are so pricey