Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Benik Afobe

I think the statement was black and white ... He ain''t going anywhere. Stupid money may shake their resolve but can you see us forking out 10M? Even then that may not turn their head.

I bet the Board aren''t happy this has been made public!

Either way, if the lad has a chance of premier league football at the start of a season, they would be a little naive to disrespect that wish!?

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I think the statement was black and white ... He ain''t going anywhere. Stupid money may shake their resolve but can you see us forking out 10M? Even then that may not turn their head.[/quote]

Blimey I''m sure it would take a good deal more than that, I would assume our initial bid would be near £10m. When you consider Bristol city are bidding £9m for a striker who had just played one season in the football league and cost £300k last year.

Quite so Judderman £10 million wont get you the best the Championship has to offer these days , Austin,Rhodes and Afobe would probably take £15 million to have a realistic chance , that''s why i found the stories yesterday about Norwich trying to ward off the interest of Liverpool ,Southampton and Newcastle in Redmond by putting a £10 million price tag on him , should be £20 million at least as any of those clubs wouldnt blink an eye at a £10 million fee . 

So £10 million won''t get you the best of what the Championship has to  offer, but some think we should be offering QPR Hooper + Lafferty + £9 million for Austin.It''s such a shame these inflated prices don''t translate to our players.......

[:^)]

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Another goal for him tonight... adds another million on to his value![/quote]It''s his leaving present[Y]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I think the statement was black and white ... He ain''t going anywhere. Stupid money may shake their resolve but can you see us forking out 10M? Even then that may not turn their head.[/quote]

^This^

Shame, as he seems a perfect understudy/competition/cover for Jerome, but can''t see it happening.

Mbokani would have been great too. Looked a good option for lone striker.

I wasn''t overly optimistic about Destro being a hit here. Having watched clips of him he seems more like RvW than anything else.

Really not sure who we''ll go for now.. there must be more options left for AN. Just not Glenn Murray!!

Why release the statement? Seems a bit weird to release a statement about a single bid and send it into the public domain?

Of course we will return with a bid, and now the player and his agent will be fully aware - do Wolves want the player to force a move?

last night Kenny sounded like lennon did over hooper

as for the Redmond rumour above you must be reading some different news sites to me because that has not cropped up on any real news site

I can totally understand Wolves not wanting to sell at this point in the season, we were the same this time last year. That said after 3 games they are off the pace to begin with so they may or may not reconsider in January dependent upon their position in the league. we may or may not be interested then again dependent upon where we are in our league

Seems we''ve been turned down flat, many many times this window... I''m actually longing for the window to be closed...

The manager said he wasn''t afraid to go to deadline day to secure his targets. I just think we are playing a very patient game of cat and mouse. There will be a plan B deal (gayle) already lined up if the others don''t come off. Lets not get worried now, there;s still hundreds of affordable strikers that would improve us. We have barely scratched the surface.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Seems we''ve been turned down flat, many many times this window... I''m actually longing for the window to be closed...[/quote]Umpteen! times, no doubt about it.[*-)]

Wolves issued the statement in the hope that we, along with any other desperate bidding clubs, would simply eff off. We will not sign Afobe.

[quote user="Canary Legend"]

Looks like yet another badly managed, judged and highly public screw up in the transfer market.

Our transfer dealings so far have been shambolic

[/quote]

Yes, not just badly managed, but utter negligence.  Oooh I''m soooo angry, I''m going to ring points of view or something.

Grrrrr   [:@]

We are going in with another bid, I think we will get him

Looks like yet another badly managed, judged and highly public screw up in the transfer market.

[/quote]

I think you''re problem is either piles, constant indigestion or both.

I don''t think either piles or indigestion can afflict a leg end TCC, whether a Canary one or not. The problem is more likely to be circulatory, a reduced blood supply to the feet (and in all likelihood too, the brain).

[/quote]Obviously Waveney you are also talking about the Brady deal but tell me who has gone/went public, Wolves and Hull or Norwich ? Also i did not see too much publicity about our recent signings from West Brom until they actually signed.You and that idiot ruthers make a great pair.

I doubt the club would have issued as emphatic a statement as that if Afobe was itching to move. If he''d told Wolves he wanted to move to a Prem club, they would have worded the statement differently. He''s only been there about eight months, he''s playing well, their team looks good and I see no reason why he wouldn''t at least give them one whole season to help them get up to the Prem. Every player has his price, but that price would have to be pretty colossal for Wolves to risk the humiliation of reneging on such a strongly worded rebuttal. Ergo, he won''t be coming here, end of.

Tilly we have the failed pursuit of the guy from Milan, the defender from Celtic, the guy who came for the medical and we changed our minds.

Highly public badly managed. All out in the open all fact not my opinion

We haven''t been after a guy from Milan. We were linked with a striker from Roma. I assume that''s the player you are referring to?

[quote user="Canary Legend"]Tilly we have the failed pursuit of the guy from Milan, the defender from Celtic, the guy who came for the medical and we changed our minds.

Highly public badly managed. All out in the open all fact not my opinion[/quote]No ALL opinion not fact!There is a massive difference between media speculation & rumours & players that the club is genuinely persuing.  How are you and your cohorts able to identify those players that we are definitely persuing from all of the rumours & speculation?  Please do tell, because I''m very interested to know.With reference to Larrivey again it is opinion & not fact that the situation was badly managed.  We chose to pull the plug rather than spend millions on the guy in wages, agents fees and transfer fees.  How do you know that this was badly managed?  If something showed up at interview or at a medical, should we have just signed him anyway.  Had we done so, & had he turned out to be no good, bad attitude, injury prone or whatever, I presume you would still be happy, because at least we would (in your most humble opinion) have managed the situation correctly.  You can''t have it both ways can you?  Because we would then be faced with the no win situation of damned if you do, damned if you don''t.