Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Benik Afobe

http://www.shoot.co.uk/norwich-in-pole-position-to-snatch-wolves-star-striker/

This would be a seriously good signing, I hope it''s true?

That article uses the line:

''With fellow forwards Cameron Jerome, Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper having little Premier League experience between the trio at Carrow Road.''

Little experience? RVW maybe but Hooper and Jerome hardly lack PL experience.

I like this rumour but I think the source (shoot) is poor.

I live about 22 miles from Molinuex, and our local paper is full of news about the player. He is the star, and the great hope, and I can''t see Wolves letting him go. It could take big money.

He is unknown at PL level, which may be why Wolves could sign him, but he seems to have all the required talents, and is worth a punt.

he was a name I put forward a week ago and got shot down by a few, but I totally agree I believe he is the best of the unproven championship strikers out there, head and shoulders above McCormack and Andre Gray.

He is quick, strong and can score goals I agree its a step up but i think its worth a punt especially if we ship out two or three strikers although I would also like to see a second striker as well.

Would be less of a gamble than the lad from Ukraine. Could use Grabban as part of exchange, but as this is just another rumour with little substance can''t say I''m overly bothered till the club say something.

One thing for sure we are struggling to bring in players who are on the A list.

Can''t say I''m too fussed as the past two weeks show we can hold our own with what we have.

Indy wrote ''Can''t say I''m too fussed as the past two weeks show we can hold our own with what we have''

This is without injuries and having only won a game against a relegation candidate. We definitely need another striker.

Is he a striker in a similar vein to Jerome? As that''s what we really need

Sky sports Jim white. Sky sources.

Norwich have made a substantial offer for Wolves centre-forward Benik Afobe

A site on twitter is now saying that we''ve made a substantial bid for him. Footy accumulators. Normally quite on the money.

One thing making the offer, quite the other to see if its enough, hope we finally get our man tho. Afobe certainly has something about him.

Lets hope its substantial enough! In a day and age where even fairly unproven championship players are going for £8m I can;t see Wolves selling their prize asset cheaply.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"] Little experience? RVW maybe but Hooper hardly lack PL experience. [/quote]

Both have only one seasons experience  with rvw having 25 appearances (1395 mins pitch time) and Hoops 33 (2032 mins);  both have played and have similar limited experience,    while jerome has a 150 ish appearance in the orem over the last 5 years alone,  with over 9000 minutes pitch time.   Now that is experience. 

I don''t get these links, if we have Austin signing surely we have move on to the c/b that we need?!

IMO he''d probably be a decent signing, but it would take a pretty hefty sum to get him, possibly more than we''d be willing/able to pay right now.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t get these links, if we have Austin signing surely we have move on to the c/b that we need?!

IMO he''d probably be a decent signing, but it would take a pretty hefty sum to get him, possibly more than we''d be willing/able to pay right now.[/quote]I would imagine our offer would include a substantial Premier League-survival clause. Whether Wolves would want that, as opposed to a massive lump sum, is another matter.

Wolves fans on MolineuxMix forum saying he''s too good for us and he wouldn''t want to come to Norwich as it''s a s***hole. And that''s from someone from Wolverhampton! Hahahahhaa. Really hope we get him from them.

It all depends on what we call substantial. I can''t see Wolves valuing Afobe at less than £8 million and probably £10+ million.

Our usual bid of £2-4.5 million is not going to do it. If we are serious about this bid I hope we have gone in with a sensible offer as a starting point.

This would be exciting and he could be a new Benteke. I suspect we would have to pay £10m ish unless we included either Grabban or Hooper and we would have to cover some of their wages if this were the case

If we pull this off I will be straight down the club shop to buy one of the new kits with Afobe 9 on the back.

I really really rate this kid. We could get a good season or two out of him and sell him for shed loads. Such a talent.

I imagine we''ll end up paying around £8.5 million.

This could be similar to Dean Ashton in terms of potential and a future England player.

Let''s hope hooper is used as part of the deal.