Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Carlton Morris

Worth a mention...scored a good goal today and had a very good game generally

will be keeping a eye on him and murphy this season

asume the other brother will be going out on loan as well

Great news! Needs a season getting blooded and proving he can score competitive goals.

Saw the Accies highlights last night, CM put himself around a bit and scored a good goal (had a couple of other decent chances). Also got a favourable write-up/rating in the Scottish press. [:D]

Apples

Well done Carlton. Shows the gulf between English and Scottish football. Last season Morris struggled to get game time at Oxford, newly promoted to the football league. Now he got his first league goal in Scottish prem.

Dundee what do you think?

I think the lad has promise but don''t think he''s up there with the Murphy''s in terms of making it into the first team any time soon. A lot changes in a year Dead Canary, he might be wiser/stronger etc. now. A good run of games will give us the chance to see if he''ll make the grade. As a striker though he needs to score goals and plenty of them.

A good start and playimng there could really kick start his senior professional career.  Even though it is the SPL, it is still competitive football - and playing and scoring goals in the first team there will be a real confidence booster for him.   

He looks like he may be carrying a bit of extra timber as well so the first team football should help with that too.

Apples

Carlton had a good all round game on Saturday. Put in a good shift, showed some skill and his strength in possession.

A very good first start for Carlton.

He took his goal well and was unlucky not to score a second. A great save from the United keeper kept him at bay.

heres a link to the highlights for anyone thats interested:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/33952730

I also hear that we may be getting a couple more players on loan from you. Any thoughts on who may come. A central defender and another striker are the positions I need to fill

Herman wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 7:22 AM:

Nah. Hooper is built like a brick outhouse. He''s naturally a chunky chap.

Watching him on TV adds a few pounds as well Herman!

Herman wrote the following post at 22/08/2015 9:40 AM:

Nope. I was five yards away from him. My own eyes.

Were you staying at the same holiday resort as him?

Back in the side and scored the winner which cost the other manager his job! Glad to see him back on the scoring train. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35389625