Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Russell Martin

[quote user="JF"]One of the nicest blokes I''ve ever met. Top lad and can see why he is captain.[/quote]

Still not good enough for the PL.

Russell Martin is a center back who is deemed good enough by those who know a damn sight more about football than any of us do.

If it was a single manager then maybe you lot would have a point. The fact its several, some with experience and presumably their coaching staff too, immediately suggests you bunch of football experts are actually psychologically damaged individuals struggling to integrate with normal society and thus desperately latching onto some thing or someone to blame for the fact that woman didnt fancy you in Lloyds the other week.

You may well tell yourself its because you were angry about the Football and its all Martins fault. But the reality is you''re a twat.

hogesar,

I agree 100% with your sentiments and I add the following;

Russ Martin is a true professional, a natural leader and will probably go on to be a successful manager.

A player all the other players respect and admire and who are happy to have as our captain.

He gives everything to our club and goes way above what is expected from a player, he is the most intelligent player we have (according to John Ruddy) is incredibly well read and very articulate.

A family man who has no airs and graces and very secure in his own juice.

A man who always gives of his best.

What is not to like about Russell Martin the man?

As a player he has been selected by all the managers he has played under at NCFC, in various positions. Last season he was selected in the Championship team of the year by his fellow professionals and Championship managers, Gordon Strachan also selects him for Scotland, both at CB.

Is he the best CB in the Prem, no, but he gives all he’s got which, for some of you isn’t enough, but that is not a failing on his part, that is life.

If as a fan you think he is not good enough as a player and join in the witch-hunt, or post ‘personal’ attacks on the man, then IMO you are in fact being judgemental about the wrong individual. Russ Martin can only give of his best and if he is continually selected by the manager, then perhaps your comments should be aimed at Alex Neil, Russ can only do what he is asked to do, we can only ask him to give his best, to give 100%, which as far as I am concerned he does, week in, week out.

Undermining him on social media does nothing to enhance his performance, nor indeed the performance of our team. Do you really think the players and/or their wives and family don’t read the stuff posted here and elsewhere, they do. Does it help, not one little bit.

IMO we should rejoice in the fact we have him at NCFC and if the manager keeps selecting him, then he selects him for a reason. If the manager drops him, then he drops him for a reason, I’m content to leave it the hands of Alex Neil, the man paid for and charged with doing the job and if you don’t like his selections then start a thread entitled, “I know better than, Alex Neil, Neil Adams, Chris Hughton, Paul Lambert & Gordon Strachan because….” And then give a non-judgemental critique of why in your opinion you know better than them, or you could of course continue, and I’m guessing some of you will, to criticise a player(s) who does(do) their utmost and give of his(their) best, which IMO serves only to satisfy your needs, values and beliefs and does nothing to help the team.

In fact I have started the thread for you, please feel free to add your comments.

Yes Hoggy. Saved me the bother and said it so much better and clearer than my muddled post would have been. Just to add stats are more useful, not 100%, but more useful if you set the criteria before before considering your own opinion of what the outcome would be. If you go looking for something to prove Russ can''t hack it you will find it.

Jim Hacker wrote the following post at 07/09/2015 9:21 PM:

Norwich ship a load of goals Scotland ship a load of goals.

What is the connection.

Stats don''t lie he is a useless turd

Well you certainly are.👍

I know! I''ll spend my leisure time extremely poorly impersonating a scum fan on TWTD:

"I wish that clown Berra was good enough to play against a PL quality defender, a leader with awesome mental attributes like Russel Martin at those lot up the road".

...A useless turd that''s 20x better than any disinterested old clogger at your scummy club, binner!

[quote user=" Jim Hacker"]Norwich ship a load of goals Scotland ship a load of goals.

What is the connection.

Stats don''t lie he is a useless turd[/quote]If GCSE''s were handed out for being a di*k-head, you''d already qualify for Master''s degree.

There are so many d**k heads on here, really is sad, Russ had a brilliant game, against the World champions, who were at the top of their game, call yourselves Norwich fans ? don''t think so....

Jim Hacker or whatever you call yourself, go get back on your own forum and talk about life in the chumps, thats about your level.

Sometimes we moan about players going on international duty. May get injuries, club v country and all. But this is the plus side. Norwich City will gain from the extra experience players get through competing with the very best in a top competition.

I am one of his biggest critics, and I believe my views are justified. But, tonight, he did a good job. It was interesting seeing Lambert being critical of Martin and the defence, and a little unnecessary.

So pleased Martin had a good game yesterday. Let''s hope he carries on that good form into Saturday and it quietens the doubters, scapegoaters and one or two sad binners on here.   Martin is a good centre back - established, recognised by his peers and most Norwich fans.  He can also play RB if necessary, but his main position is CB.   And the more he plays that position, the better he will get. 

''Don''t you lot get fed up constantly criticising Russ? Seriously, you need to get out more. Get laid or something.''

Unfortunately the only way they will have a chance of getting laid is if they crawled up a hens arse and waited

Martin is doing absolutely fine. If he is the terrible centre back that people make him out to be then why did his fellow professionals vote him into the PFA team of the year last season for the Championship?

Sadly, this criticism of Russ is nothing new. I still remember when he first signed he was being castigated and people were saying that Michael Spillane should be in the side ahead of him. Martin is now club captain and Spillane is at Sutton United......