Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Russell Martin

Like JF I also think we''ll go 5 at the back with Martin as sweeper.

Surprised Hog wouldn''t have Martin in the team, perhaps he''s turning into an scummer eh.

I think RM is a better full back than Norman, as is Bennett a better CB than Martin. It''s fairly straightforward really.

You are really pleased because you think Russ has been dropped entirely? Sorry to disappoint you but the reason he is not playing has nothing to do with football.

Firststeps,

Perhaps best to know why before you post you are really pleased.

Ok, so there ''could be'' reasons people ''claim to know'' or ''dont wish'' to share, but people can for footballing reasons still be glad he is not playing.

We will miss his leadership today - I hope the reason he''s missing is nothing too bad if it''s not for footballing reasons

As far as I am aware he was banned for one match only for denying a goalscoring opportunity

Is it because he forgot to apologies to Sir AN for getting a red card like a naughty boy so Sir AN is leaving him out of the squad to set an example?

As it said on Sky hes been withdrawn from the squad for personal reasons so I hope that everything is ok with his wife and children.

Anyone who has met Russ will know he bleeds green & yellow, is a model professional, is proud to be our captain and always has time to talk to fans so not quite sure why he gets so much stick

I echo your thoughts cityangel, he didn''t even miss the Liverpool game the night his child was born - so whatever it is must be fairly important or bad for him to miss a game! I hope all is well

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Isn''t it because he got a red card?[/quote]

Get with it or go back to making tea

Must say, although it''s none of our business, decent City supporters will be concerned for him. As Diane says, he''s a great bloke, and my thoughts are with him and his families wellbeing before any bloody football game - like it or not, he IS Norwich City.

OTBC

I''m very sorry that he has a sick child (I know more than you think)! However, personal reasons aside, as I sit here at Stamford Bridge Bennett is a better option than Martin.

Firststeps,

If as you say you know more than we think you do, then perhaps, "Really pleased" was a poor turn of phrase to have used?

I agree, it displays a massive shortfall in the number of brain cells some people have ! Whether intended or not it is best ignored.

Nutty you are pathetic, if you read the conditions of the board it clearly states that personal affects are to be left at the door, this is a football forum. Get off the high horse and read the post in its context! It''s about football. Your moral high standing is ridiculous, get a life.

I don''t know why you didn''t just post your thoughts on the match thread rather than resurrecting your Russell Martin thread that hadn''t been posted on since 7th November.

Regardless of all that I was still left trying to defend our community because of your post. Your girly tirade at me doesn''t change that. Do you act have these hissy fits in your offline life or is it just an online persona?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (thank god for cut and paste)... ha ha ha ha. Actually I''m very comfortable thank you, and quite calm enjoying a beer in Chelsea, do you ever attend the games Nutty!?! No, thought not!

As to why I didn''t post on the match thread... my remarks are specific to the line up and the defence/team is better off without Martin! Simple really.

I see some of the forum police are out.

First steps has expressed his delight at Martin not being in the team and I think on reflection he''s right today. Bennett was good again and personally I thought Wisdom was good today as well. This doesn''t mean that Martin shouldn''t have played but it does emphasise that we can defend well without him; which is also why our best defensive performances have come when Martin hasn''t been playing at CB.

The reason why he commented on Martin on this thread and not the match thread I believe, was just to make the point that he had been left out of the squad after everyone crying out about how Martin''s our captain and is the best (or at least second best) CB we have. I think its unfortunate that he didn''t know Martins personal situation and he''s apologised as he didn''t know.

First steps has previously said many troll''esque comments, but not today.

Same back 4 next week please, but we do need to be better on the ball. Although personally I like Martin at RB, again, I thought Wisdom was good. Hope Martin''s ok though of course.