Sign in to follow this  
unique

Koulibaly

Well if that tweet is correct it would appear that Napolli seem open to the idea of a transfer, would hopefully just be a case of convincing him.....

[quote user="birchfest"]Doing the rounds on Twitter that we have a delegation over there talking to him at the moment... Might not be over just yet![/quote]

Where is our airport man to tell us if a flight to Naples has gone out recently? Are we really splashing £20M or even more on 2 signings?

With he money being thrown around that seems fairly short change... God knows what''s going to happen in January with an actual inflated market!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="kick it off"]They are selling their star striker to Spurs (Son Heung-Min).[/quote]Shame we didn''t sign him 2 years ago when I first suggested it...[/quote]

Indy Bones for Chief Scout

Looking at his appearance stats it suggests he only played 10 games last season. Really worth £10m? These prices have gone totally over the top.

Jim,

I dont know what you have been looking at but the stats I have show the following for last season (2014-15);

Serie A 27 games

Europa 7 games

Coppa Italia 2 games

Champions League 2 games

Reports coming out that Napoli have agreed a deal with Genoa for Di Maio, which CalcioMercato were saying was the obstacle to Koulibaly transfer (that Napoli wanted a replacement in first).
Hopefully this will play out nicely and we''ll get our man.

Having let Turner go, we must be reasonably certain that a CB was going to sign. The need for reinforcements in this area is arguably more pressing than up front.

http://m.calcionapoli24.it/notizie/sportmediaset-koulibaly-a-milano-per-trattare-con-il-norwich-n229379.html

Report states that City officials are in Milan meeting with player, although transfer fee not yet agreed?!

Leverkusen remain hopefull of a deal.

If this is the guy we want we need to just get the deal done - you''d hope we had a good chance if we do indeed have a ''team'' over there, but we certainly don''t want them coming back empty handed.

The versatility of this guy may be handy. Main position is central back, but he can play right back and def mid as well.

At 6ft 5 in, will be an imposing figure.

10 mill is a bit steep. After all, he has not exactly pulled up threes, but nevertheless, we need bodies in, better than what we got.

So they want £11m for him, but we''ve only bid £8m. Somewhere in the middle of that then. Sounds good to me. Tall, but can also pass it as well as being able to play at left CB if Bassong is injured as he plays there for Napoli by the looks of it.

Hope this happens along with Mbokani because we do need some quality, especially when the like of Leicester are about to sign the likes of Yuto Nagatomo for £3m - someone I''d love us to sign.

Really hope we get this guy, and Mbokani to. 15 mill euro is ridiculous? I cant see how. That is 10.9 mill pound, i would suggest a realistic price in this seasons insane transfer market. Anyway the market is so crazy anyone can quote figures for any player and make some different opinion to anyone else. The guy played 37 games for Napoli last season, so no way can he be that bad. Worries me that Bayern L. are still reported to be sniffing around though. Yes looks like we going to have to set a new highest transfer buy for this guy, but that was inevitable in this transfer market. I guess Seb can help him out with any language barriers if need be.Also Mbokani looks a good deal. He will have Yousef at the club to make him feel at home. And 15 goals in 30 games for his national team, also good. 29 years old, same as Cam. Tuesday is close now so hoping these deals can go through. maybe even allow time for a Gayle swoop?

We need 2 CBs IMO. Martin is not prem quality And need to cover for injuries etc

Koubilaly and Collins from West Ham would be two good additions

Few rumours on Twitter that we''ve had 20m euro bid rejected, which is about £15m so not sure which one is supposed to be true.. 15m euros or 15m pounds

[quote user="Wishbone"]In the Napoli lineup this evening[/quote]
Doesn''t mean anything. The media in Italy suggested that Napoli wanted a CB in before they''d let him go. They had a bid rejected for Di Maio from Genoa yesterday, and they also have a longstanding interest in, and had a bid of 20+mill Euros rejected today, for Rugani from Juve. Sounds like they are preparing for his departure if anything can get over the line.
The only reason Koulibaly is starting is because Chiriches is out injured, but it''s only a knock and he is expected back this week.
If Napoli get someone in, and he''s happy to come to us, I expect this to go through, but it hinges on Napoli getting someone in.

Newsnow are reporting that several french sources say City bid a staggering 14.5 mill pounds for Nkoulou the Marseille CB last week which was rejected. Of course that does not mean its true, but if it was, then it at least shows City are prepared to hand over serious money if they believe it necessary.