Sign in to follow this  
unique

Koulibaly

At 6''5" he''ll be taller than the City Stand. Could be distracted watching the busses line up along Castle Meadow.

But Napoli to Norwich? To one of the favourites (to the ill-informed) for relegation? Won''t happen.

Apparently we have bid 8.8 million but the club don''t have to sell, apprently they are looking for more money. Again fingers crossed.

On the one hand a lot of money on the other it seems the valuation is more than our bid, we will just have to see how this pans out. That amount of money would probably get VVD however his recent performances do not seem to have done him any favours

Some of you really are a bit daft - buying £multi-million footballers is hardly like buying a newspaper, you don''t ask the price and just pay it or you''ll get shafted every time. It''s a matter of negotiation. Did you not see the Sterling transfer? Or de Bruyn (which has been ongoing all summer)? - we are no different to any other club: we need to find the tipping point as others do when chasing our players.

Not only daft Branston but also perpetually in cloud cuckoo land. Despite the evidence to the contrary, NCFC is apparently a dream destination for any player aspiring to break into the top echelons of European football or, if having to settle temporarily for a lower tier club, is motivated purely by money (and on that account prepared to endure the travails of a newly promoted, survival-challenged, provincial EPL club with a rookie manager and relegation wage cut clause in bold on the first line of the contract).

It will take years before this quality of player is even prepared to consider joining us, unless already over the hill and looking for one last new challenge and end-of-career pay day.

Have seen rumours of a €12m (same as ours) from Leverkusen earlier being turned down. That is champions league football offered to him for the same price, this one is slightly out of our reach.

[quote user="TheTetteyRole"]Have seen rumours of a €12m (same as ours) from Leverkusen earlier being turned down. That is champions league football offered to him for the same price, this one is slightly out of our reach.[/quote]
Average wage in Bundesliga = 28k per week
Average wage in the Prem - 43k per week
Now I accept the averages being touted (Source Daily Fail) are A) not verified and B) skewed by the massive earners like Rooney etc. 
But with the new TV deal coming in, you would think we could outbid a team like Leverkusen on wages. They''re not getting very far in Champs League realistically. Is 6 Champs League games (which could easily see them play Zenit St Petersburg, Shakhtar Donetsk and Malmo just as easily as it could throw them Barcelona, Roma and Wolfsburg) better than 38 Premier League games (including 10 guaranteed games against United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal) and more money? 
Their squad is nothing special, so it''s not like he could go there and play with stars. The biggest names they have are Bellarabi, Lars Bender and Stefan KieB(ss)ling... Bigger names than we have, but hardly world class superstars. They are selling their star striker to Spurs (Son Heung-Min).
I''m not saying if we went head to head he would choose us over them, but we are at least competitive in terms of what we can offer to players.

Far enough but as much as Rooney skews the prem''s average wage, clubs like Darmdstadt who seem barely semi-professional skew theirs just as much.

We are not Chelsea, and they are not Hannover.

Also champions league brings more than just competitive games. For a young player such as him at can bring notice to bigger teams and his national team.

And this is sort of clutching at straws to expand my point, but Koulibaly may see himself in Heung-Min, or even higher, getting bought young, developed, and sent of to a giant English club.

I would love him here, but with these competitors, it seems unlikely.

[quote user="kick it off"]They are selling their star striker to Spurs (Son Heung-Min).[/quote]Shame we didn''t sign him 2 years ago when I first suggested it...

[quote user="TheTetteyRole"]For a young player such as him at can bring notice to bigger teams and his national team.

And this is sort of clutching at straws to expand my point, but Koulibaly may see himself in Heung-Min, or even higher, getting bought young, developed, and sent of to a giant English club.

I would love him here, but with these competitors, it seems unlikely.[/quote]
What and playing in the Prem every week doesn''t bring national team attention or get bigger clubs to notice him? Playing against Man United twice would get him less attention from them than playing group stage CL games against no hopers like BATE Borisov? Better tell players like Wilfried Bony that he needs to rip his contract up, as moving to Swansea instead of the (Leverkusen sized) CL clubs that were looking at him was a bad idea and actually Man City haven''t noticed him yet. As you''re labelling Spurs an "English Giant" then presumably Alderweireld signed for Spurs on the back of his performances for Athletico, rather than on the back of his performances for So''ton last season? Kieran Trippier also signed for Spurs, presumably as a result of his displays in the CL group stages for Burnley?
The Prem is the biggest shop window for the big English clubs, and to say he''d get more attention playing for Leverkusen is nonsense. Maybe if he has aspirations of a Barca or Real Madrid type move then the CL early stages may make a bit more sense, However as he can''t get in the Napoli team at the moment, I would guess that suddenly breaking Barca or Real is unlikely.
It''s not straw clutching, it''s common sense. 
Doesn''t look as if it''s dead yet anyway (which presumably it would be if the player had no interest in even talking to us)....
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9967638/norwich-in-talks-with-napoli-for-defender-kalidou-koulibaly?

Touché, touché. I clutched at straws in an empty barrel.

One point though, can''t get into the Napoli team? 27 games in the league last season says otherwise. The move is safe because of resale value.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Some of you really are a bit daft - buying £multi-million footballers is hardly like buying a newspaper, you don''t ask the price and just pay it or you''ll get shafted every time. It''s a matter of negotiation. Did you not see the Sterling transfer? Or de Bruyn (which has been ongoing all summer)? - we are no different to any other club: we need to find the tipping point as others do when chasing our players.[/quote]

Or we could be bidding well under valuation just to test the player and his agent to see if they muddy the waters once the interest is serious (ie, as Grabban has and as Huckerby did).

However, I don''t think we will get Koulibaly or Van Dijk because I don''t think they would come to Norwich.

Was benched for Napoli at the weekend. Either they rate others higher, or the player isn''t that keen to stay. Either way it works in our favour.

sgncfc - Van Dijk going to So''ton it would seem. They''re being quoted as "being very confident" they get him. Although they said the same about Alderweireld 

it has been mentioned before that he does not like life in Italy

if we get him all the better and tbh if he has seen our first 3 games an exciting ride awaits anyone who joins the revolution

[quote user="kick it off"]sgncfc - Van Dijk going to So''ton it would seem. They''re being quoted as "being very confident" they get him. Although they said the same about Alderweireld [/quote]Yeah, but Alderweireld ended up at Spurs - can''t see us ''gazumping'' Southampton on this one, unfortunately. Still think that Nkoulou could be a possibility after Alex''s little trip to Marseille last weekend.

[quote user="kick it off"]sgncfc - Van Dijk going to So''ton it would seem. They''re being quoted as "being very confident" they get him. Although they said the same about Alderweireld [/quote]Yeah, but Alderweireld ended up at Spurs - can''t see us ''gazumping'' Southampton on this one, unfortunately. Still think that Nkoulou could be a possibility after Alex''s little trip to Marseille last weekend.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Still think that Nkoulou could be a possibility after Alex''s little trip to Marseille last weekend.[/quote]I certainly hope so, because out of the three of them (Nkoulou, VVD and Koulibaly), then Nkoulou is easily my first choice, followed by VVD and Koulibaly in a more distant 3rd.

The Marseille manager came out pretty strongly yesterday saying no more players would be leaving after seeing most of the team from the previous season sold.

I suspect this is why Norwich have upped their interest in Koulibaly. Although he seems very ambivalent to a move to England right now.

Doing the rounds on Twitter that we have a delegation over there talking to him at the moment... Might not be over just yet!

[quote user="birchfest"]Doing the rounds on Twitter that we have a delegation over there talking to him at the moment... Might not be over just yet![/quote]

CalcioMercato Journo reckons the deal is on standby, and Napoli will sell if they get Di Maio from Genoa, with that deal being negotiated atm.
"#Norwich #Koulibaly Deal on standby, the #Napoli first want to find a replacement: ongoing negotiations with the #Genoa for #DeMaio" (Google Translate of below tweet)

The source announced the player is 24 years old of the shelves of Norwich...err right. Have to love Google translate >.>