Sign in to follow this  
unique

Koulibaly

Norwich are now supposed to be interested in Koulibaly along with Southampton. Lazy journalism, maybe.....but would be an excellent coup if it were to come off.

Sounds like a great player, just what we are hoping for if vvd goes elsewhere. Hopefully there will be enough top class defenders for all of us chasing one to have one then it''s simply a lottery as to which of them adapt.

Great player! Would very much like him here, but if Soton are interested we will likely lose out, as, to be frank, they got more of a pull than us.

Dont expect a discussion here in this forum, though, as 99% will not have heard about him, and are barely able to spell/pronounce his name ;)

Southampton can''t be after everyone. They''re "supposed" to be in talks about VVD and already signed Caulker

[quote user="grefstad"]Great player! Would very much like him here, but if Soton are interested we will likely lose out, as, to be frank, they got more of a pull than us.

Dont expect a discussion here in this forum, though, as 99% will not have heard about him, and are barely able to spell/pronounce his name ;)[/quote]I have never heard of him, as I have not heard of the vast majority of professional footballers worldwide, although I could probably have a stab at pronouncing him name if I knew what language  it was derived from. So how about telling those of us who are in ignorance something about him, so we can contribute to a discussion?

Today, Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Norwich – as well as Southampton – are in the race to sign Napoli centre back Kalidou Koulibaly. City manager Alex Neil confirmed that City are in the hunt for a central defender.

The Frenchman started his career at Metz where he made 41 appearances in his two years at the club. He joined Genk in 2012 and impressed before leaving for Napoli last year. The 24-year old has represented France at a youth stage but he is yet to make an appearance for the first team.

Southampton are also interested in the defender, and the team in the Europa League are strong favourites to land the defender, however they could opt to sign former Norwich target Virgil van Dijk.

Norwich are looking to add quality to the backline for the new season, and with the transfer window ending soon, and other reported interest in the player, if Norwich want their man they will have to wrap up the deal as quick as possible.

11 million euros bid! -

NORWICH ENTER KOULIBALY RACE

Norwich City have entered the race to sign Napoli centre-backKalidou Koulibaly, according to Sky Italia.

Southampton have already showed their interest for the player, although we understand a formal offer is yet to be submitted.

Norwich have not lodged their interested, with our colleagues in Italy reporting the Canaries are offering â‚¬11millions plus bonuses to bring the former France U20 international to Carrow Road

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

This transfer window is actually doing my head in. Can''t keep up with all these rumours. Where do they actually surface from?

Are we easy targets to make up complete garbage about.

I blame the publicity about how bad the shirts are

Everton will sell Stones to Chelsea for £35m, who''ll then outbid Southampton for Koulibaly, so they''ll go for van Dijk and we''ll sign Collins, loaning out Turner.

I then look forward to the usual sh!tstorm on here!

This would be an amazing signing. Him and Bassong at CB would be scary...

James Collins probably lacks the pace to play off Bassong which has made Russell Martin an effective partner.

In other words if celtic qualify for the knock out stages of the champions league Van Dijk will not be sold to Southampton and they sign Koulibaly instead.

But if they don''t qualify (which wouldn''t be a big suprise) Van Dijk will sign for Southampton and leave us in a much better position to go for Koulibaly.

Think Everton are rumoured to be closing in on signing centre back Ramiro Funes Mori from River Plate and I can''t see Chelsea paying the £40m Everton want for John Stones.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]From Napoli to Norwich is an unusual move ... Would be surprised if we could convince him to come.[/quote]

Beautifully understated CC. :-))

[quote user="Mooney"]This would be an amazing signing. Him and Bassong at CB would be scary...

James Collins probably lacks the pace to play off Bassong which has made Russell Martin an effective partner.[/quote]

Fantastic player - a monster with skill who can play in other positions.

[quote user="Webbo118"]Fantastic player - a monster with skill who can play in other positions.[/quote]Always useful to have someone who''s versatile. I''ve played in most positions but spent most of my time in the hole. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Webbo118"]Fantastic player - a monster with skill who can play in other positions.[/quote]Always useful to have someone who''s versatile. I''ve played in most positions but spent most of my time in the hole. [;)][/quote]Didn''t you work for many years  in the council''s sewerage department Lapp? 

[;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Webbo118"]Fantastic player - a monster with skill who can play in other positions.[/quote]Always useful to have someone who''s versatile. I''ve played in most positions but spent most of my time in the hole. [;)][/quote]Didn''t you work for many years  in the council''s sewerage department Lapp?[;)][/quote]Good lord no!  I''ve never been near manholes. [:S]

Agreed we will end up with Collins and probaly Jelavic and that will be it, Jelavic wont then replace Jerome so his only impact will be off the bench imo  

Sebastien knows Kalidou Koulibaly and that might be a plus point when he decides who to sign...

Both big, strong central defenders. Could be quite formidable.

There''s no particular need to be disparaging of Collins - he''s a decent PL performer and could be much less of a gamble than a younger guy who might or might not quite ''fit''; this season the main priority is staying up, we can go for more ''luxurious'' players next year.

[quote user="MrCanary"]Sebastien knows Kalidou Koulibaly and that might be a plus point when he decides who to sign...

Both big, strong central defenders. Could be quite formidable.[/quote] does he? How? Perhaps something in that new deal he got. I think I actually want that one to happen more than a striker to be honest

Inter, Roma, Napoli..i think we have all had enough of these reports from Italy linking us to players there. Forget this one to, the guy is staying put at Napoli. The only Canaries he could sign for would probably be the Canaries who kick off against Torino in Serie A .Think domestically Lewis Dunk could be good, or if Alex is looking abroad why not Papy Djilobodji?  He is at least nearer to home and in the same mould as KK.