Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

I used to think McNally was a great Poker player

But now I see him sitting at the table stark bollock naked.Oh deary, deary me.Short on strikers short on defendersand our most versatile midfielder gone for £6 million quid that we don''t really need.Before today I was fairly confident of staying up.Now??????really really disappointed.[:(]

Shocking incompetence by the board this window. Going to January with this squad is suicidal. Lack of ambition and we deserve relegation if that''s now what comes

He''s just an egotist who worries only about his pay packet, not the long term interest of the club!

Totally agree.

Why no CB, the position that needed filling the most all summer.

Hooper a player Neil never really fancied and they quite clearly tried to ship him out.

Grabban a player no norwich fan wants to see in a norwich shirt again.

Why leave it so late to bid for gayle. Bristol city did that about 3 weeks ago.

No cover down the left now Johnson gone.

A very very very strange last day.

We missed out on our targets and spent the last hours scrabbling around in panic for any old make weight.And in the end couldn''t even land our fallback position.desperately, desperately poor.

Re: I Used to think McNally was a great Poker player

He is - well he had you lot fooled didn''t he? - all that nonsense Lappinitup & co were spouting Friday night about Charlie Austin?!

This board wouldn''t cough up for Charlie bloody Chaplin,

although he''d be an ideal figurehead to represent them!

When will the majority on here wake up? While Smith & Jones remain we have no chance of becoming an established EPL club.

Absolutely none.

[quote user="Herman "]Oh FFS! When the sensible posters start turning you know it''s time to give up.[/quote]

Herman even for a loony happy clapper surely even you see the dire situation we are in.

The Stowmarket 2 and McNally must go and go tonight

[quote user="Trawling canary"][quote user="Herman "]Oh FFS! When the sensible posters start turning you know it''s time to give up.[/quote]

Herman even for a loony happy clapper surely even you see the dire situation we are in.

The Stowmarket 2 and McNally must go and go tonight[/quote]
You really think that''s going happen, do you Fishing Binner?

[quote user=" Jim Hacker"]Without doubt his reputation is in tatters tonight. Is there anyway back for him?[/quote]
Back from where Jim?

I have to agree - I am more than a little bit disappointed by this transfer window. I''m not overly upset by it though.

It''s a fond farewell to Johnson who has been nothing short of a true warrior for us - and he goes for a very fair price too. £6million rising to £7.5million. Part of me wants to chuckle because a fair few on here never rated him, and had him behind Tettey.

I think the reality is that we were always going to have to trim numbers to get the squad to 25 and the most obvious place was midfield. I imagine that when the offer came in it sort of made sense in some ways.

Those suggesting we don''t have enough cover down the left - we don''t always have a wide left midfielder in the formation we currently play, the same with a wide right midfielder.

However, with Olsson approaching fitness and contention we will have at least three natural left sided players in Toffolo, Olsson and Brady - the latter two being able to operate up the left hand side.

In terms of midfield it leaves us with: VOO, Howson, Dorrans, Tettey, Mulumbu and O''Neil as the central players and Redmond, Hoolahan, E. Bennett and Brady as the players both wide and in the hole.

Squad wise:

GK: Rudd, Ruddy and Kean (3)

DF: Whittaker, Wisdom, Martin, Bassong, R.Bennett, Olsson. (6) with Toffolo in the wings but under 21.

MF: Howson, Tettey, Mulumbu, Dorrans, O''Neil, VOO, Brady and E.Bennett (8). Redmond is 21 so I don''t believe counts to the 25.

AM: Hoolahan, Andreu (2).

Str: Jerome, Mbokani, Grabban, Hooper, Lafferty. (5).

Unless I have missed anyone out, that''s a squad of 24.

It''s still a much stronger squad than the last time we were in the premier league. The only exception is at CB.

I still think on paper we have as strong a squads as some of those we expect to be in or around us, if not stronger. I''m still quietly confident, I would have been much more so had we had added another CB and possibly another decent striker.

Despite what some people are saying, I am sure AN is the man to get Grabban focused and back on task, and he, IMHO offers more than Murray/Gayle and one or two other strikers we were linked with. And on top of that we have added Mbokani.

It is indeed a sad day when the voice of reason, the Mr Norwich City of this message board, our elder statesman who has been there seen it and done it over decades of following Norwich City, Ricardo is scratching his head about what is going on.

[quote user="ricardo"]We missed out on our targets and spent the last hours scrabbling around in panic for any old make weight.And in the end couldn''t even land our fallback position.desperately, desperately poor.[/quote]

We shouldn''t be overly surprised Ricardo. The name of Lee Darnbrough still sends shivers down a Burnley supporters spine. I think we have have just seen why.

Agreed, Tilly. Concerned, very concerned - I''m not sure what''s going on behind the scenes at FCR but my gut feeling is not good - Grabban and Johnson seemingly happy to move on, perhaps even Hooper and others, it just seems that all is not well, but I''m hoping I''m just overreacting to the last 7 days events. Things may feel different in the morning for many of us, we''ll see I guess.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]It is indeed a sad day when the voice of reason, the Mr Norwich City of this message board, our elder statesman who has been there seen it and done it over decades of following Norwich City, Ricardo is scratching his head about what is going on.[/quote]

The problem with having seen this all before is that I know what happens next, TIL.The number of times we''ve struggled to get into a good position only to chuck it away through our own ineptitude is beyond belief. I really believed that things were set fair this time with the basis of a good squad and a talented manager and everyone pulling in the same direction. We have really looked like a tin pot outfit today, chucking bids at all and sundry just to get any sort of business done. If we really wanted Naismith and Walters ( old but very experienced) why wasn''t some preparatory work done weeks ago. It all looked so amateurish and last minute. As for Gayle and Matt Jarvis, both decent enough players but neither able to get into teams that should be our direct competitors. If they weren''t good enough for their own first teams why are they good enough for us?And don''t get me started about Johnson, a few weeks back he happily signed on until 2018. Whats gone wrong so quickly?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"]It is indeed a sad day when the voice of reason, the Mr Norwich City of this message board, our elder statesman who has been there seen it and done it over decades of following Norwich City, Ricardo is scratching his head about what is going on.[/quote]

The problem with having seen this all before is that I know what happens next, TIL.The number of times we''ve struggled to get into a good position only to chuck it away through our own ineptitude is beyond belief. I really believed that things were set fair this time with the basis of a good squad and a talented manager and everyone pulling in the same direction. We have really looked like a tin pot outfit today, chucking bids at all and sundry just to get any sort of business done. If we really wanted Naismith and Walters ( old but very experienced) why wasn''t some preparatory work done weeks ago. It all looked so amateurish and last minute. As for Gayle and Matt Jarvis, both decent enough players but neither able to get into teams that should be our direct competitors. If they weren''t good enough for their own first teams why are they good enough for us?And don''t get me started about Johnson, a few weeks back he happily signed on until 2018. Whats gone wrong so quickly?

[/quote]Yes indeed ricardo and the cuckoo in the nest is still here ( Grabban ) and my money is on him being the next fans whipping boy but i am not convinced our CEO will understand the reception he gets because much as i hope he never pulls on the shirt again i would not bet against it.