Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

How are these games allocated?

Last season being a member I was allocated three games.  I duly sent in my form and got my allocated three games all in the first two months of the season which meant having to go the rest of the season without seeing a game.  I let this go thinking what an awful job it must be to allocate these tickets and I have just been unlucky.  Just got my five games allocated for this season and have got Crewe/Palace within three days of each other in Aug - Reading/Hull within three days of each other in Sep and finally Sheff Wed on Oct 29 which means again going virtually seven months without seeing a game.  I know it must be a nightmare allocating these games but surely it can be done on a more spreadable way so that five games are spread out during the whole season.  This just makes me very anti towards the whole thing. 

Not being funny Navman, but did you try and spread your games out when you filled in your form and ranked the games in the order you wanted the tickets?

I only ask because I''ve just got my tickets back and I got my first or second choices in each category.

From what I remember, we had to choose games before the fixture list was out - hence Mrs Pieman and I have got Crewe midweek tickets we can''t use.

As it happens, all our are grouped in the first half of the season bar Wolves, which is the last game.

Yeah I did give them a fair choice of games to select for me as I work shift work and the games were fairly well spread out when I sent my form in.  I note that tickets for the Crewe game are now on sale so maybe will be able to get to more games than we think anyway what with the away supporters not being in such great numbers etc and the less quality games not being in such great demand.  As I recall the season before last I managed to get to quite a few games by ringing up the Ticket Office on a Thur to find lots of tickets available so fingers crossed.

No that''s not right Pieman. The fixtures came out on June 20th or 22nd and the application form had to be in by July 1st so there was time to look at the fixtures before making a decision on your order.

Aye, I was trying to think if the fixture list came out with the Hat trick scheme and Im not sure it did.

Two of my games are close together - 28/12 and 3/1, which means Ill have to try and stay in Norfolk to save a hefty petrol bill (though I guess its my fault for having a dear car!)

I dont know how they work it out, but I have got my first or near to first games. I think timing they cant do much about.

All my fixtures are spread out evenly from first to last game but I only got my 1st choice in the last category which i didnt really have a preference for.