Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk  Dan

last 3 games

I am fully confident that AN has the nous ''to do the business'' well before then.........he is as far removed from Hughton as it is possible to get.

Bournemouth''s last six don''t look very appetising.

I don''t think the run-in is too bad actually. Our last eight, for example, is...Home: Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford, Man UtdAway: West Brom, Palace, Arsenal, EvertonIf we''re in a bit of trouble at the start of April, there is plenty of opportunity there to collect realistic points. I''m happy overall. A ''kind'' start (if there is such a thing in the Premier League), and a tricky but fair enough run-in.The tricky period looks like late-Oct and Nov, and then into Dec. Man City (a), Swansea (h), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h). Followed by Watford, Everton, Man Utd and Spurs. A real test over that 8 game period.

I feel that we allowed our run-in last time around to weigh too heavily upon our shoulders, as horrendous as it was.

It was as if we expected to get nothing from the last six games. The Club and the fan-base seemed to have written us off before a ball was kicked in anger at Craven Cottage.

Defeatism par extremis.

I feel that this collective pessimism led to Hughton''s untimely sacking and the bizarre decision to put a complete rookie in charge.

Even then, the rookie got an away point at Chelsea, but I do not think that I am the only one who considers that ''Houdini'' Hughton would have been a better bet at digging us out than the hapless Adams.

Moral of the story: "Beware of looking for "tricky" runs in the fixture list as it can be defeatist and self-prophesying."

We play them all twice. It hardly matters when.

This actually contradicts my posting in another thread which regretted not having one of the big boys first in order to possibly catch them cold, but the point still stands.

Everton away is usually good for a point. We have Watford at home 4th from last as well. That''s about as easy a game as we''ll get on paper. Man U and Arsenal aren''t ideal then but it''s nowhere near as bad as 2 seasons ago. If we need a point or 2 going into them three, i''ll still be confident.

The only way Everton away on the last day could be any more perfect would be if it was at home. Everton will probably be safe from relegation, too far away from the leading pack to be chasing a European spot, so we will probably be playing against a team who has spent the majority of the run-in sitting comfortably in mid-table. I just hope we''re in the same boat by that stage...

[quote user="thas a rummun"]I don''t think the run-in is too bad actually. Our last eight, for example, is...Home: Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford, Man UtdAway: West Brom, Palace, Arsenal, EvertonIf we''re in a bit of trouble at the start of April, there is plenty of opportunity there to collect realistic points. I''m happy overall. A ''kind'' start (if there is such a thing in the Premier League), and a tricky but fair enough run-in.The tricky period looks like late-Oct and Nov, and then into Dec. Man City (a), Swansea (h), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h). Followed by Watford, Everton, Man Utd and Spurs. A real test over that 8 game period.[/quote]

Tend to agree with this.

Last 8 games. Only got to play 2 teams from the top 6.

The rest will be bottom half of the table

Well it''s the Prem - what does everyone expect?

The trouble last time was from Christmas onwards we slumped and we had s strike force bought at record cost which at no point performed As well as Holt the previous 2 years. We''ll never know whether Hughton would have somehow turned it around in the last 5 games but we all knew the minute we saw that run in it was going to be tough and we'' really needed to be safe before it started. Personally I think hughton was out of ideas and having failed to get anything against teams like wba or soton then he wasn''t going to start producing results against Chelsea or Liverpool but if people want to think that, it''s their choice.

I''m with Broadstairs on this one.  No point in mithering about when and where these fixtures are in the schedule in terms of league position.  Too much can be read into them.  Thank goodness we have a manager who doesn''t stand for anything that can get in the way of performing to the max - whenever and whoever it''s against.   I think fans can buy into that too and not let runs of games against big clubs phase us.  We''re there to compete and are just as likely to take a point or more off Chelsea as we are taking as points off any of the lower clubs.  We took a point off Chelsea when they were competing for the title and we were held to a draw at home by Cardiff.  Any result is possible against any team, anytime - and way too much is made of the merits of playing so called big teams. They are all big teams........and so are we.