Sign in to follow this  
joe

Mulumbu signs

Done deal according to BBC sport , great addition, many west brom fans I know devastated he''s leaving on a free rating his as one of their best players, was noted as having an average season last year but think this is a definite upgrade on tette, im excited to see him in the starting xi

Was excellent a couple of seasons ago, but has been off form for a while now.

A great free transfer though and hopefully a new club can spark his form again. Not sure he is significantly better than Tettey, but his knees probably are.

Lets hope this is confirmed. For a free transfer, a great pick up. A player who knows the league well, in a position where injuries and suspensions are likely.

These are the calibre of signings that are great.

They are quoting Radio Norfolk, who are likely reporting on the rumours, but it all points to this happening.I wouldn''t say an upgrade on Tettey, but a great signing on a free.Odd theres nothing hinting at it on the, recently prolific, Norwich twitter feed.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]BBC wouldn''t splash it unless they have been given very good information. You''ll rarely, if ever, seen them report something so strongly and then for it not to happen (excluding unforeseeable issues).[/quote]Oh for sure, they''re usually pretty reliable[Y]

Great news if happens, sounds like its almost there, although I wouldn''t say a step up from Tettey, but certainly another option in an important position for the way AN sets us up.

Or the executive footballing board''s opinion.

I was being slightly flippant, but there is a difference from buying Leeds'' best players and bringing in the players WBA were looking to sell, or not offering a new contract to.

We shall see which club made the correct calls on those players at the end of the season.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Or are Norwich going to be WBA''s dumping ground for their rejects?[/quote]
Unsure if rejects is correct. Most WBA fans seem to be disappointed to be losing Mulumbu, who''s made 187 appearances for WBA. Hardly a ''reject''.
Dorrans? Less sure on fans perspective of him, but he has a bit of class about him.

Now now Bethnal, slighlty flippant indeed. It would have been AN''s initial idea

Leeds best players (at the level they were at) may well be compared to West Brom''s released players (at the level they were playing at)

If we do nearly as well with the ex-Albion players as we have done with the Leeds three, then I won''t complain.

Yes! We lost Snoddy, but made a bit.

For every Gerry Howshall-style signing there''s a Colin Suggett. Let''s hope Dorrans and Mulumbo turn out to be as successful as the latter.

the great wall.

I agree, in fact sometimes you need more than two for every position in some particular roles and when filling up a squad.

Our midfield is looking bumper now and with suspensions and injuries it is pretty covered.

There may be players who want first team football, eb, Thompson, Andreu so as we have said loans are likely.

But O''Neil, Tettey, Dorrans, Hoolahan, Johnson, Howson, Redmond and Mulumbu all have many premiership games under their belts.

VOO is no doubt a player who could become like that new signing and I do still feel we need goal scoring midfielders from the wide position but possibly a more creative edge than Dorrans. But we have a group that is strong enough without ripping up trees. I would like that goalscoring threat in the midfield it could be VOO and therefore we could evaluate again in January.

Johnsons goals last season could come again and I blooming hope so, but I still think you need moments of sure quality to win games in the premier league and if we can get that in the midfield group I would be happy. But I feel VOO could bring a few this year

smooth wrote the following post at 18/06/2015 12:54 PM:

But I feel VOO could bring a few this year

Smooth agree with most of your post except for the one comment above

On what basis will Voo bring a few this year (goals) ?

Come to think of it who will he replace in the team - could not get a game last year, dont even think he will be on the bench this season, what about you ?

NM - it is true but a great deal of standard traditional media are now noting the social media story. For that to hint means a little more, but he is the type of signing that adds a little more confidence rather than speculation about the chesterfield midfielder.

Newton - VOO cannot have a season like last, well he can but you have to feel more positive about it.

I feel VOO will be on the bench and I think his physical attributes can bring him in to the first team. He can fit in any position across that middle and if he is a midfielder who is has been touted as an international player in one of Europes best teams then why not move out one of our other players.

The key in the premier league is to have those options to change the way we play a few times during the season. Our success was built on that in the other seasons with particular players bringing in goals at different points.

We do need to get goals from set pieces, how many came from set pieces last year?

Tettey, Johnson, Howson, O''neill (you''d hope) and Mulumbu

great options and all with premiership experience...

not sure were this leaves Odija or Thompson...

Smooth I respect your view but I think central midfield is now very conjested and bearing in mind we have been rumoued to be in the market for wide players - I think people will go either permanetly or on loan

Remeber David Mc is a master at shipping people out - how he got St Et to pay a fee & Wolfs wages last season was a stroke of genius

Really good signing this I think if it happens. When playing under managers who have played him regularly and rated him he has been one of West Brom''s best players in the prem and linked with bigger clubs. if a move to us and Alex Neil can get him going again he will be a very useful addition and is completely proven as a premiership player. He''s not actually that old either.

I think this gives us great options as we can rotate him and tettey or perhaps play the two together for a really strong central midfield when we think we need a bit more steel in there.

If we get Yeldin as well then I think a left winger and a centre back are all we really need although i expect Becchio to be replaced as well.

We''ll see, but based on the West Brom fans opinions, I don''t believe he''s a defensive midfielder. They said Yacob did the defensive work and Mulumbu got forward. Sounds more like he''s competition for Howson, driving the play forward and breaking quickly.