Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

New Kit Video and release date

New kit to be unveiled 10am on July 1st, but the club have started the hashtag #NoPlaceLikeHome and given us this video as a ''teaser''..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyvZ2EjT0oo

What the F is all this about?!?! The ''teaser'' shows Johnno in a white polo shirt and topless, in a dark room, with lasers and lights being shone on him.

I have a feeling we''re in for something revolutionary this year...

Just commented similar on the club''s facebook post of the video Miggins. White, unbranded polo shirts for home and bare chests away. Going to make those Winter games pretty hard I would imagine.

i hope its a paint explosion across the shirt, much like our 1992-94 Norwich and Peterborough shirt.

Saw some being worn at Wembley, and had forgotten how nice they actually looked.

I really hope we''re going to see some patterned detailing on the print.

Here''s the latest Errea catalogue. I know we get bespoke designs, but not impossible, it''ll be based on one of these. (Page numbers refer to the number in top right hand corner of the image, not the page number on the scroll bar)

I like the look of the "Torbay" shirt (Page 12/13). That in yellow, with green detailing would look pretty smart, and isn''t a million miles from our Asics kit which is so adored.

The "Blackpool" kit (Page 26) would also fit with the video.

The Woman''s "Belem" kit (Page 52/53) or something similar seems to be most likely though from the video.

80 years at Carrow Rd, no place like home ? anyone any idea what was the style of the home kit in our first season at CR ? guess it would have had a collar ? poss some white in it ?? historians out there any idea.

Thanks Keiran, interesting even back then subtle changes were order of the day, one kit was left half green, next run was left half yellow, hope its not the half / half style.

I hope it''s not an awful half and half. That will look entirely naff.

I''m beginning to suspect maybe there will be an image of carra printed on the shirt somewhere.

Would hate a half and half kit. If that is the first kit I hope we have a third kit.

How much freedom do Norwich have over the kit design?

Is it where they have to pick a template from the Errea site and just change the colour?

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]How much freedom do Norwich have over the kit design?

Is it where they have to pick a template from the Errea site and just change the colour?[/quote]

Koroma, i don''t know, but would guess that Norwich design the kit with Errea, once its in production you will probably see variations in the catalogue, we probably sell more replica kits than any of the clubs on their books ?.

Looking at end of clip could be yella and green quarters....prob reading too much into it. But back and white quarters could look smart for away kit....?

Tells us little.If it is linked to when we started then halved yellow and green shirts with apposite sleeve colours with a black collar looks likely.Not too long to wait - traditional Royal Norfolk Show launch

Think it will be half and half shirt. The image they posted on Twitter of the stadium is a darker tinge on the right, and there is a point in the video (about 24 secs in) where the swirling lines become two solid halfs.

Doubt it will be identical to the 1935 kit, but my money is on a half and half. Which I quite like the idea of it is certainly different from anything most of us have seen in our lifetimes. Prefer that to the idea of having a printed image or pattern which generally look a bit rubbish.

I have to say a sublimated (printed image) is for me something that is ideal, certainly for a commemorative shirt, no stitching.

I feel there can be a little motif or acknowledgement on the shirt. I worked for a sportswear manufacturer and the cost would not be much more to have all logos sublimated.

I look forward to seeing whatever we have, I would be happy with a green half and a yellow half. I still think the current set up is pretty good.

I seem to be in a minority but I really like the half and half idea. Be good to have something different rather than the "tinkering" with basically the same design that we''ve had for the last few versions.

As they wore the half and half design for their Newton Heath centenary, Manchester United could come to Carrow Rd and sing ''We''ve come for our shirts" like we did to them when they nicked our scarves for their protest against the Glazers.

Whilst i''m sceptical but not completely adverse to a half and half shirt and I quite like the idea of a retro style kit I wouldn''t like the idea of black shorts.

More importantly though why would you have a commemorative shirt to celebrate 80 years. Its not like its the 100 year anniversary.