Sign in to follow this  
?

Living wage.

Excellent news from the club today as they have announced they will be paying their full time staff the Living Wage. It was due to be mandatory for all PL clubs next season but the club have acted a season early. We are now only the third club in England to do so after Chelsea and believe it or not, Luton! Nice one Mr McNally and the board, well done!

The club shouldn''t need PL riches to afford this and it''s absolutely scandalous PL clubs are effectively being forced to do this. I''m glad the club is acting on it but I''m not going to give them a pat on the back for something they should have already been doing.

Too many clubs rely on staff wanting to work for their lifelong club and will take a position as perceived as a "dream job" working for your football team, criminal that they get away with paying a pittance. Well done NCFC !

Whilst I support the paying of the "living wage" to those staff members at NCFC who were on the "minimum wage" I have a question.Will NCFC now be increasing the wages of those who`s pay was already at the £7.85 hourly rate by 20% as they are now being paid the same as people on a lower pay grade in jobs that have less responsibility and require fewer qualifications and skills?