Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Adams's return to the club

Has anyone heard if Adams is still returning as we were told in January and what his role is likely to be

He was working with the England youth teams after leaving Norwich - he may not want to come back.

It would be a bit strange to come back into the club where he was manager, to have to work under someone else. Might also be a bit strange for Alex Neil to have him around as well.

I''m sure they said he was taking a break from football and coming back in the summer.

Service in the kiosks at the upper river end on match day is poor I could see a role for him there but nothing to do with the footballing side of the club. No way Never been there done that

Agreed C.D Frankly what can he offer the club?

I don''t blame him for taking the job that Delia and MWJ were desperate for him to have but if he has any aspirations to go back into coaching it must be with a club elsewhere.

[quote user="Nicko"]I''m sure they said he was taking a break from football and coming back in the summer.[/quote]That was my recollection too, almost like he had pre-signed a contract to perform a certain role from the summer onwards. In the interim period I would imagine Alex Neil has established a vice-like grip on the club and Adams will only come back with his blessing, which I doubt he would want to give. After the behind-the-scenes flux in the last 12 months, you would expect that the club would rather find a quiet way of reneging on the statement than risk upsetting Alex.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Agreed C.D Frankly what can he offer the club?

I don''t blame him for taking the job that Delia and MWJ were desperate for him to have but if he has any aspirations to go back into coaching it must be with a club elsewhere.[/quote]What can he offer the club? Isn''t this the guy who won the youth team cup against a very much fancied Chelsea side who probably cost more than our first team at the time. Stupid comment and I really hope he comes back to the club, breathes Norwich City

For a man that won the youth cup, as soon as it was announced that he would be coming back, I always felt there would be a position for him back with the youths 

If he was prepared to come back and manage the Academy side (it certainly shouldn''t be at the expense of Paul Wilkinson''s U21''s after the execllent 2nd half of the season he oversaw), then I''d say yes, but its hard to imagine that having managed a first team, Adams not considering it a comedown?

Ellis206 wrote

What can he offer the club?

Isn''t this the guy who won the youth team cup against a very much fancied Chelsea side who probably cost more than our first team at the time.

Stupid comment and I really hope he comes back to the club, breathes Norwich City

You old mate might think its a stupid comment but I get fizzed off with this ''he''s Norwich through and through''

My opinion is he should try elsewhere to re build his career. My opinion also is he should never been offered to job in the first place. Go figure that ellis and stay in the Championship

It''s a shame because in most fans'' eyes Adams was a co-commentator/phone-in host first, and a youth football coach second. There was a golden period of several seasons when he was Roy Waller''s sidekick, later reaching a zenith alongside Chris Goreham in the 3-2 home win against Derby.After Adams left Radio Norfolk it was never the same for both him and the radio station. Sure there was the excitement of winning the FA Youth Cup, but his media appearances related to this never reached the same heights.Becoming Norwich manager was a gamble. But ultimately it led to him becoming a sorry figure fielding questions from journalists, in contrast to the confident figure fielding questions from Norwich supporting radio listeners.Sadly he''s now in the wilderness, probably regretting the day he hung up the Radio Norfolk microphone.

Future NCFC youth manager and England U18 coach.

Deserves better from our fans but on a forum full of closet binners I think this is probably to be expected.

I''m astonished at the lack of respect towards someone who came across as a very decent man, who blatantly loves the club, played for the first team, won an FA youth cup, kept together most of te prem team and added Jerome and Grabban to our squad. Not to mention he had the decency to step aside when it became clear he was comming up short as a first team manager.

As for the stupid comments about being a radio pundit first, no he wasn''t he was a professional footballer first.

I just dont see Adams coming back to work at Colney everyday working with youth players perhaps on an adjacent pitch to Alex Neil and his first team squad.

a first team squad who,quite apart from the presence of Bassong, at least two or three of whom have said in the press since Alex Neil''s arrival in January, that they now know what their jobs are and have been given direction, eluding to the fact that they didnt beforehand.

I maybe wrong and it would take a swallowing of pride from Adams, but I just dont see it.