Sign in to follow this  
TheTetteyRole

Jerome and his future (+possible others)

So I''ve been put under the opinion that he is unable to play Prem football. Last season he scored 21 goals (18 of which were in the league). Not only is that his greatest ever (his second was back at Cardiff who I didn''t even know he played for), that is 5 short of Ings'' total (21 in league) and 1 better than Austin''s. Also, he''s greatest prem season is 11 in 33, and I, for one, thinks that''s not bad and think he should be kept, as a sub if nothing else.

That said, we do need someone else if we are getting rid of pretty much everyone, and so how about Mitrovic. Scored more than 1 in 2 (in the Belgian league for the best team) and is still 20. Wouldn''t be cheap and on the transfer markt page, he is grouped with Munir and Martial.

We are getting rid of pretty much everyone? Where did you get that nugget from!!?

Hooper was rumoured to Bolton and Huddelsfield, RvW needs to be got ride of, Becchio has already gone, Grabban is unproven and Lafferty scored 1.

Jerome is still only 28 years old and his best years are still ahead of him.Anyone remember when they said Grant Holt was too old at thirty?

Why all the hate?

I''m simply considering the possibility of the club not signing a new striker. Is there something I''ve forget to consider?

Re read the original post and realised my mistakes. I was never trying to suggest that he was going to leave, just addressing him as a prem striker. Also, BBB? 5/5 for the word play. M.A. or PhD?

It''s not the case that because he has failled to make his mark with other sides in the Prem earlier in his career, that he won''t go out and score 15-20 goals next season.

Players do continue to develop and what he does have is a lot of pace which is a great asset.

He is just reaching his prime and may well have a succesful season for us.

Jerome''s strike rate during recent premier league seasons seems pretty unremarkable but he was often used from the bench or out wide in Pulis sides. I''m certain that he''ll surprise a lot of people next season.

When he signed here I honestly thought he was just a physical grafter, didn''t take long to see that this wasn''t the case.

It took me sometime to realise his ''cool dude'' body language hides a real leader on the pitch.

He deserves his opportunity in the Prem again with a manager who knows!!!

Since Alex Neil arrived we have got ourselves a new striker.

Anyone who can remember Jerome''s performance against Brentford just after AN arrived and can compare that to the Jerome who played at Wembley would realise just how much has been added to his game.

He is now far, far better than the Cameron Jerome who has played in the Premiership in the past. I am optimistic about the performances we will see next season.

Cameron Jerome has much to thank Alex Neil for.

I concur Yellow Wall. I`m pretty sure Neil took him aside at some point and told him that Grabban was picked ahead of him based on mobility and workrate and if Jerome could match that, he would be first choice (he is clearly the better player). I think we found ourselves a gem who is just coming into his prime years along the lines of Hucks, Holt and Hools. Well done Neil Adams, and of course Alex Neil for improving him.

have you ever considered that some players don''t peak until the late 20''s to 30 ish

every player is different that why all the madness with stirling baffles me he could be a crock of .. in 2 seasons its happened to so many young players in the past for every rooney we get 100 duffs

Jerome has always been a handful now he has just had his best season ever, yellow wall is spot on he''s gone from a decent player to a real force under Alex neil, i used to get so frustrated when he would walk back from an offside position and put up a hand acknowledging a good pass he should have been onside to recieve, His goal at wembley summed up his rebirth under Neil, He will score the goals we need next year i have no doubt about it ! Oh Cameron Jerome!!!