Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Our first XI for Palace

Bruce? Can''t think which Bruce you''re talking about Bor.

If we''ve got Mulumbu & Dorrans for free, would love to push the boat out with someone like Dzeko

Would prefer James Chester over Bruce but, whatever.

Would also take Bakary Sako over Brady (possibly for cheaper as well).

Dzeko is too ambitious, but can''t fill in someone to take that position (a look at Mitrovic?)

Would you play Tettey and Mulumbu as DM''s or CM''s?

I would be reluctant to discard Jerome,Johnson, Howson, Martin and Whittaker, en-bulk, from the outset. All played their part in our promotion, all have proved that they can perform at "our level" in the Premier League environment and all deserve a chance.

I actually think that Gzeko, as brilliant as he is might be, would be a step too far for Norwich City and Alex Neil at this moment in time. Not only would his demands blast our wages policy to pieces, but I feel such an acquisition might create a fault-line along the ethical ground that Alex Neil is building up within the Club and, particularly, within the squad.

I am not suggesting that the player is likely to be a problem, but the very existence of such World stars within a squad can completely change the complexion of that squad overnight. I am happy with the way we are at the moment.

Call this ''little ''ol Norwich'' or whatever you like, but I feel that we, and AN, realistically need learn to walk before we can run and that a period of consolidation is much more needed than a punt into unknown territory that comes with very high-profile players and the dishing out of astronomical wages.

Besides, are there any indications that Manchester City want to unload the player? (Question.)

Also BBB, you have previously touted the Redmond to Liverpool routing, should they lose Sterling. Now you have them in the same line-up.

I remain adamant that we need to hang on to Redmond, so throw losing him into the equation of concerns expressed above and we have a lose, lose situation from the outset, IMO.

I am also of the opinion that any "drastic" action in the transfer market should be left until the Winter window, and then only if it proves to be necessary.

Neils'' signings (or expected signings) have, thus far, been considered and sound. It does not strike me that he is quite prepared, as yet, to stretch his ambitions as far as the likes of Dzeko. He is existing in enough unknown territory (for him) as it is.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Line ups here please. RUDDY YEDLIN BASSONG BRUCE OLSSON TETTEY MULUMBU REDMOND DORRANS BRADY DZEKO[/quote]

Blimey Bor are you trying to out-troll Waveney??  Or are you regressing and this is your bored inner spottty teen emerging.

Well done on the bites so far! 

Bruce? Can''t think which Bruce you''re talking about Bor.

If we''ve got Mulumbu & Dorrans for free, would love to push the boat out with someone like Dzeko

He''s serious all right ZLF, he won''t take his teeth from the matter, and his source is very good after all.

Besides, wind up or not, it does raise the question as to just how ambitious the Club should be when considering possible signings at this moment in time.

I consider this worthy of debate, and, as such, wind-ups can invigorate the discussion, despite being a bit irritating.

Tettey as a disciplined DM, Mulumbu as a DM with some licence to roam free.

I''m not trolling, by the way. It is a discussion forum and I am discussing our first team line up. I only ask that my threads are treated with respect and not derailed by the usual suspects.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Dzeko?.....what planet are you on ?

until we see any evidence to the contrary,as it stands,

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Howson Tettey

Remond Hoolahan Johnson

Jerome[/quote]

He''s on planet Bor, way above the rest of us.....

Pretty much this ^^^ line up.   If we get Yedlin and Mulumbu, they would obviously be pushing for the starting line up, but it is up to those already in the squad to up their game in the face of new arrivals - and Tettey at his best is imo as good as Mulumbu.  Yedlin would offer pace at right back, but I wouldnt write off Whittaker either who in the last few games last season looked back to his best and was effective in attack and defence.  Wholesale first eleven changes straight away would not be good for squad/team morale.  Get some new players in, yes, but make them fight for their places.

Reel ''em all in Bor. You have the beginnings of a might fine catch here!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Line ups here please.

RUDDY

YEDLIN

BASSONG

BRUCE

OLSSON

TETTEY

MULUMBU

REDMOND

DORRANS

BRADY

DZEKO[/quote]

NerthercottAshman Butler CroweThurlowMcCrohanHillCrossanAllocockBrennanBly

This is a bit frustrating now. I just want to see the team people think we will start with v Palace.

Ricardo has the right idea but I suspect that team might run out of puff quite quickly.

Rudd

Yedlin

van Dijk

Bassong

Olsson

Mulumbu

Brady

Hoolahan

Redmond

Jerome

Adebayor

-----------------------Ruddy----------------------