Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Canaries World

Being at uni, and realising Im not going to make many games this season Im thinking of investing in the Canaries World service. Can anyone tell me how good it is, how quick they are to update thing, whether its worth it etc etc

Any info would be good, as I havent come across anyone thats got it yet. Cheers.

Yeah its a bit hit and miss but overall I think its worth it purely as theyve got the licence for the Radio Norfolk broadcast. As such if youre out of the region thats the only way to hear the matches. The video clips are ok, Miranda''s pretty, and though some of the features are a bit naff its a good way to keep an eye on the club. I wouldnt expect any news first on it, its a day or so behind however it does give you video access.

If you can spare the cash then what has been said is true - its a nice luxury.

[quote]Yeah its a bit hit and miss but overall I think its worth it purely as theyve got the licence for the Radio Norfolk broadcast. As such if youre out of the region thats the only way to hear the matches...[/quote]

I''d second that Kent.  It wouldn''t suprise me if they try to clamp down on people sharing the URL for the live commentary on Saturdays.  Some people **cough cough** were prone to posting the links some other exiles could hear the games!  The service is a bit questionable at times though 

Cheers everyone.

What about highlights, is there a decent amount on offer per game? And can you view the whole seasons clips at any time, or do they take them down after a set amount of time? In other words could I watch highlights from the game against arsenal at home, or going back someway, the home playoff game v Wolves right now if I liked?

Its good to know you can get the commentary, I could get it off some website at the start of the season, but then said they didnt have the licence to play it or some rubbish

I live down in Brighton, so I use it to get the commentary for games I cannot attend (not many thankfully).

I also find the video clips really good, but then again I am the kind of saddo that spends ages looking at the top goals again and again - I think I wore out the link for Saf''s wonder goal!

If you are out of area for commentary, I would say it''s a must.

Cheers DD!

Trent, yes you can watch previous highlights from matches.

You can go back to the the 2000/2001 season

CITY TILL I DIE

I have used it for two seasons and am in two minds whether to continue. It is of average quality and has "gone missing" on me a few times.

But in your situation with no local media I would say it will be very useful.