Sign in to follow this  
Canary99

Snodgrass?

Snoddy as a great signing in his time here but no good for our squad now, doesn''t fit into what AN has built here. Plus why sign a player coming back from serious injury? I wish him all the best though!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Its like Braveheart - being the big strong man, trying to lead by example, rallying the troops - but like William Wallace, at the end of the day, he wasn''t up to it.......[/quote]We will never agree over this particular player Lakey but one last thing I have to ask.....for someone who preaches positivity, why are you so negative about Robert Snodgrass?[/quote]

Snodgrass never really cut the mustard with me.  I like to be positive and see positivity in players - it''s been great to see Johnson getting the best from himself this season and Wes too, who has surely answered most of his critics.   If Snoddy had stayed, would he have done that this season under Adams and Neil?   It''s something we''ll never know, but while he was at Norwich, all I could see was a player suffering angst, getting frustrated with himself and every one around him - and a player trying to do it all himself. That to me is not a positive influence. He might have been a big character and well liked, even, but on the pitch he was not a one man team - which is what he often appeared to want to be.  So to answer your question, my dislike of his football was not his ability - which he plainly had - but the way he used it - and the fact that he never seemed to learn from his mistakes.   But I still hope he proves me wrong.....like Johnson and Wes have proved me wrong...because that is what I want to see - positivity, players developing and learning how to work and get the best out of themselves.  To me he showed little sign of that at Norwich.  It was his way or no way - and that is not good for a team ethic.

[quote user="lake district canary"]But I still hope he proves me wrong.....like Johnson and Wes have proved me wrong...[/quote]The difference is that Snoddy never had the chance to shine in the way BJ and Wes have, in other words, he was always chained with Hughton''s shackles and not given the chance at Norwich to play under Adams and Alex Neil. We''ll never know but given the freedom to play in the way the other two have he may well have been signing for on of the big four by now. [:D]

Whilst the Snodgrass question is still evidently a very rich subject in terms of debate, I don''t think there is hope of this materializing into anything more than forum squabbling and Twitter second guessing..

Would people favour him over Redmond?

Seems like many have forgotten just how much he progressed last season- he was my POTS under Adams and certainly picked a good time to hit form again under Neil. And, of course, he''s only going to continue to improve for us...providing his ever expanding ego doesn''t completely consume him..

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]But I still hope he proves me wrong.....like Johnson and Wes have proved me wrong...[/quote]The difference is that Snoddy never had the chance to shine in the way BJ and Wes have, in other words, he was always chained with Hughton''s shackles and not given the chance at Norwich to play under Adams and Alex Neil. We''ll never know but given the freedom to play in the way the other two have he may well have been signing for on of the big four by now. [:D][/quote]

Maybe. That is why  I will follow his career with interest, as it will maybe show how much of my criticism was justified or not. I''ll be delighted to see him do well, as I didn''t dislike him - and he was a warrior in many ways - I just thought he wasn''t making best use of his talents for the team that he might have done.

LDC

"Maybe. That is why I will follow his career with interest, as it will maybe show how much of my criticism was justified or not. I''ll be delighted to see him do well, as I didn''t dislike him - and he was a warrior in many ways - I just thought he wasn''t making best use of his talents for the team that he might have done. "

Nobody made best use of their abilities under Hughton!

Signing Snodgrass would be based on emotion rather than sound reasoning. His game relied too heavily on sharp twisting and turning to beat players, to the detriment of other parts of his game and general team play. It''s unlikely that he''d develop much further, even without the recent injury.He''s nearly 28, just coming back from a horrendous injury to his knee ligaments and is destined to finish his career in the lower leagues. It wouldn''t surprise me if he''s playing for a lower Championship side or in League One within a couple of years.Those that want to sign him seem to value attitude, commitment and hard work way above footballing ability, the latter of which will likely be diminished by his horrific injury. Hence it would be an emotional decision to buy him.We can do a lot better than sign someone whose career will now be on a downward path, will likely be unable to cut it in the PL and have little resale value.

Goal highlights miggo! That''s another one. I''ve seen us lose a game to nil where our forwards never had a kick. Then I come on here and someone who was at the game said the forwards played quite well! I ask you......

What have goal highlights got to do with teletext?

And for your second point - if you''re reading an opinion on teletext saying the strikers were rubbish but also hearing someone else who saw the game saying they played quite well, you''re none the wiser, you still haven''t seen the bl00dy game.

I don''t care whether you see the game on tv or in the stadium and form an opinion. What I''m saying is that if you''re forming an opinion on what is written in text you''re opinion is worth very little to anybody pretending to listen to you. If someone asks you; ''how did they play?'' You can''t say; ''They played well'' - you have to say; ''I read they played well'' or ''I heard they played well.''

You must have a modern TV Miggo! My teletext just updates the score. (About 10 mins behind the wireless).

Goal highlights is another way to watch the game. You have to wait for look east on a Monday but you get a good insight.

Wes Hooley..

Why are you so grumpy?

Although I have no idea why you keep referring to highlights Nutty as I haven''t mentioned it (yet for some reason think that I don''t know what they are), it is nice to see you admit that your teletext doesn''t give you any insight apart from the score Nutty, it''s nice to see a bit of humility from you, keep it up.

Does teletext look a bit distorted on one of the new curved screen TVs. Could lead to a rather distorted view of the game?😄

Indeed it does but I comfort myself with the fact that many at the game appear to have a distorted view too.....

I go to games and, like the people around me, I see what I want to see. I remember thinking The Doc was a good centre back let down by the Central midfield, but clearly that wasn''t what other people saw.

Equally people who want to see Whitaker have a bad game frequently do.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]This is another embarrassing thread on the pink un. You can tell why this place has garnered such a bad reputation.[/quote]If you took the spammers and trolls away from this thread then you''d have a reasonable read over 2 or 3 pages instead of having to sift through 6.Having the odd laugh is one thing, but hopefully the new forum (if it ever materialises) will have an ignore button so that you don''t have to wade through page after page of childish nonsense. It''s the same repeat offenders spoiling it for others, and clicking an ignore button would solve the problem for many people.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 20/06/2015 10:32 PM:Indeed it does but I comfort myself with the fact that many at the game appear to have a distorted view too.....

-----------------------------------

At least you don''t mind the fact that you don''t even have that luxury whilst you continue to use teletext.

You''ll be glad I''m sure next season when you can have a view of the game when the value of streams become available.

It''s like this Miggo, if you had to be at the game to have an opinion there''d probably only be you and Rickyyy chewing the fat on here. And his eyes are dim he cannot see the action up the barcaleee..

As I have stated more than once now, you can watch streams and highlights to have a valid opinion. However, as you openly and modestly say, teletext gives you simply the score, your opinion on the game is therefore... well...i''m repeating myself, but unfortunately I have to considering the foolishness of your opening remark:

"I''ve criticised players while watching on teletext! And I defend my right to do so! Half you lot who go to games know less about football than the wife''s mother......."

Again, I repeat, it''s nice to see humility on this forum, there''s not much of it about.

So are you saying your opinion is more valid than mine just because I watch on teletext Miggo? I managed to work out Whits was width his place despite all the booin'' and hollerin'' from ththose at the games.....

Watching live or on a stream makes little difference with Snodgrass. Whilst Hughton will always be the main culprit for our relegation, Snodgrass came a close second. All he ever did was huff and puff a bit, there was no consistent end product and his style made it impossible for others to make runs as he slowed everything down.

I made a claim that he''d have been out of the Hull starting 11 by Christmas, it''s just a shame he got injured so my prediction was never tested.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]This is another embarrassing thread on the pink un. You can tell why this place has garnered such a bad reputation.[/quote]If you took the spammers and trolls away from this thread then you''d have a reasonable read over 2 or 3 pages instead of having to sift through 6.Having the odd laugh is one thing, but hopefully the new forum (if it ever materialises) will have an ignore button so that you don''t have to wade through page after page of childish nonsense. It''s the same repeat offenders spoiling it for others, and clicking an ignore button would solve the problem for many people.[/quote]Hopefully it will have a way of cutting down on the multi-account holders as well.

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man - Lee Croft once won player of the season, would you have liked him back too?

Hahahaha, very much this!

The players were good enough in 2013/14. However they were woefully mismanaged by Chris Hughton.

Massively this too! Liking this bloke!

For a played who would appear to care more for our club than you Matt I think it''s a shame for his career more than your prediction....