Sign in to follow this  
TheEarlyMilkman

Mulumbu Deal

Norwich city raely announce anything about transfers until the player has signed on the dotted line.

I hope im wrong but there is a possibilty that Mulumbu''s agent is leaking the infomation about him ''set to sign'' to enable a better offer from a bigger club.

Like i said i hope im wrong because him and Tettey away from home can provide a solid base in front of the back four, and at home i''d pick him over Tettey as he has more mobilty..

in the case of free transfers they never seem to join us until the team is back in training

May be, but I think that we are at about his level. He has had an in and out season at WBA and, besides, no "big" club has been after him before to my knowledge.

Possibly, one of our "rivals" could be tempted to join in or he could get a better offer from abroad, but I feel that we might be in the driving seat at the moment.

Hope so.

His contract with Albion runs to July 1st. Some clubs announce it before the contract has expired, we usually don''t announce until July 1st (coincidentally new kit day).

The BBC wouldn''t have reported it as a ''done deal'' unless they had some pretty solid information. Not just Mulumbu''s agent shooting his mouth off.

It is worth noting that Mulumbu has ''favourited'' tweets from both the BBC and L''Equipe reporting him signing for Norwich - and is currently on holiday after international duty for the DR Congo. Norwich probably waiting for him to get back before doing the unveiling - wouldn''t be surprised if it is the beginning of the week sometime - no need to wait until July 1st.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]May be, but I think that we are at about his level. He has had an in and out season at WBA and, besides, no "big" club has been after him before to my knowledge.

Possibly, one of our "rivals" could be tempted to join in or he could get a better offer from abroad, but I feel that we might be in the driving seat at the moment.

Hope so.[/quote]

I could be wrong but he had been linked to the likes of Arsenal in the past, whether that means they had just had him watched a few times or that he was on a list of possible alternatives to primary transfer targets I don''t know.

Definitely an upgrade on Tettey though I would say. He can pass better. Not that Tettey does a bad job as it is. Would be a good solid signing and would mean we are definitely covered in the middle of the park.

[quote user="chicken"]Definitely an upgrade on Tettey though I would say. He can pass better. Not that Tettey does a bad job as it is.[/quote]Depends on what you define as better though.Tettey has the better pass accuracy in general, although he clearly focuses far more on solid, ''defensive'' passing rather than looking for killer balls forward, whereas Mulumbu is more well rounded with his distribution and offers a bigger threat when pushing forward to help with attacks than Tettey does.Would be fantastic to have both in the squad as it gives us more options and much stronger cover in a key position.

To me it does seem more likely than not that we''ve got this guy, and IMO it is good move - loads of PL experience and a regular at WBA until Pulis came in (which doesn''t necessarily show him in a poor light!); he should certainly add to our depth and be fighting for a starting spot, which is just what we need.