Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Ip$w1ch 4 sale

I saw that and took it as nonsense thinking the only way that car crash of a football club (with it''s debt and limited assets) could attract a buyer would be if the club were Premier League.

The whole Marcus Evans experience has been enigmatic. It''s impossible to glean what he got from the venture financially and even his supposed "I''m fan" stance seems rather vague, along with the total silence and the need not to be seen

Actually, his assumed Mr. Anonymous stance might be construed by us evil little budgies as being because he is ashamed of his connection with them.

Naughty.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/347297/itfc-are-we-going-up-for-sale/#13
I would give Evans a quid for it, promptly rename them Stowmarket Athletic and move to a field with a couple cowsheds for stands.... well maybe only need the rename. [:D]
[/quote]What a whole quid Daz?[;)][/quote]
Hehe, well, I had just lost the remote down the side of the settee, and I fished out about £2.37 in loose change, so was feeling particularly flush. [:)]

Unless you could buy the debt at 5p in the £ then pocket all the income after running costs the scum would not be an attractive prospect. Few assets to strip so why bother?

They really are in a bad position aren''t they. There would be no income after the running costs as they operate at a financial loss, they rent the stadium from the council I believe and the training ground is rented from Marcus Evans.The fan base is getting smaller every season, Norwich and Ipswich used to have similar sized fanbases, right now ours dwarves theirs and the longer they stay in the lower leagues the bigger the gap will get. So who would buy a company which is about £85m in debt, has no assets except a few players (one being 33) and operates at a financial loss every season. Nobody!

I am enjoying monitoring this debate on TWTD as there is a hint of panic in the air.

This poster seems to have got it spot on (although I think he might be one of us moonlighting.)

"Problem is, ME''s has got himself stuck between a rock and a hard place, it''s obvious to anybody with half a brain cell that he purchased ITFC as a quick way to make some money, in that interview he did last year or the year before, he said himself he was told that he only needed to invest 3 to 4m to get the club promoted, hence why he threw a lot of money at us in the beginning. He now has to put in 8m or so a year simply to keep the club afloat which he has to do to protect his assets.

We''re really in a perilous position, as a club we''re worth next to nothing, it''s only a matter of time before ME''s cuts his losses and does a runner, what happens then? Administration and most likely a winding up order.

The above comment saying after last year the price has just gone up, as a business we''re not an attractive proposition at all, 80+ million in debt, operate at a financial loss, a dwindling fan base, we don''t own the stadium or training ground, all we own as a club is a few players, only 2 of which would be worth anything over 2m.

Simply put, we are fooked."

A typical response:

"You haven''t got the first clue of what you''re talking about have you?!"

Truth hurts?

We might be the budgies, but they are the ostriches, with their heads firmly in the sand in respect of the perilous state of their club.

That play-off demise has caused a lot of damage down there.

Could we play a pre season friendly to give them a gate receipts boost, and then kick the sh*t out of all their first team for 90 minutes resulting in injuries to their less mediocre player(s)?

The ostrich approach couldn''t be better illustrated than this little gem lifted from aforementioned muckheap:"Just to clarify that, whilst the balance sheets indicate a debt of roughly £90million, it is all relative and not a literal form of debt (for example, money owed to banks or other external businesses). Practicallt every single penny of the ''debt'' is the form of outstanding loans to be redeemed to Marcus Evans'' business, and therefore owed to the owner (a self confessed Ipswich fan unlikely to do anything that would jeapordise the club to claim it back). Business is business but realistically, the majority of that debt will be written off eventually and the fact it is currently an outstanding debt is merely a formality. 

Norwich fans harping on about us being £90m in debt is hugely boring since, were they to do some research rather than read the initial point, they''d realise that the debt is not hugely relevant & it does not make us ''debt ridden'' in the literal sense of the word. 

Re the 5p to the £1 (and administration in 2003), it was a past regime and, no different to them in 2013 to 2014, our bold plunges into the European market for foreign players for big fees and big wages backfired, not to mention the development of PR. Hindsight certainly shows mistakes were made, difference is Norwich had the luxury of being in the premier league whilst the financial rewards are high enough that one or 2 seasons is long enough to make you a very wealthy club regardless of how you spend. "Unbelievable...........................I am assuming that this pillock is an accountant.[;)]

I went and had a look at the thread and noticed a link to a poll called "Which is your favourite East Midlands town?" which I followed, being as I live in the East Midlands and all. This appears to be some sort of in-joke about Derby - clearly they don''t realise that all conurbations of any size and importance are cities, not towns.

I had read that earlier Robert, but there is only so much of the drivel that I can post on here at one time.

Scenario: What if Evans sells the debt off on the cheap much the way he bought it (from Aviva?) in the first place, and then p-sses off?

Where would that leave them?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I had read that earlier Robert, but there is only so much of the drivel that I can post on here at one time.

Scenario: What if Evans sells the debt off on the cheap much the way he bought it (from Aviva?) in the first place, and then p-sses off?

Where would that leave them?[/quote]Aah yes RB, but you''re forgetting something......................they are not actually in debt!![:D]

With hindsight, one of he best things to happen to us was relegation to Division One. It made us competitive again, stopped us packing the side with couldn''t care less loan players, got the place buzzing again, and all pulling in the same direction.

Better than treading water in the Championship.

Relegation may not be a disaster for Ipswich, but it is an all or nothing event - the massive risk is if you don''t get back at the first attempt, and your owner bails out.