Sign in to follow this  
Billy NCFC

PLEASE DITCH FLEMMING (PLEASE!!!)

Flemming was absolutly terrible against southend. For their second goal he allowed their player acres of space. Just like he did all season in the premeirship. I know Flemming has been a great servent for this football club over recent years, but hes getting old and his best years are definatly behind him. With him in defence i just cant see us getting promoted, however well the strikers and shackell play, he realy is a week link in the team. He just doesnt seem to have it anymore. And judging how badly he defended against league 1 strikers i do fear for him in the championship. Hopefully NW can see the light and stick him on the bench.

Sorry to be abit harsh but it had to be said

I and many others are with you on this one but giventhe fact he remains team captain suspect that he will remain/continuing his long starting run.

However IF he is dropped and given Worthys own preference for versatility on the bench shouldnt the replacement centre ack sub be Charlie?  He can play centre back, left back and now apparently (Southampton and southend) midfield...

OTBC 

There''s only 1 ''M'' in Fleming!!

Sorry couldn''t resist. Anyway, I agree, time to give Doherty and Shackell a chance together. Or maybe Colin and Shackell? Colin needs to settle in first I think...

he was part of the best defence in the league the season b4 last.  I think he gives more effort than anyone on the pitch.  We should enjoy the sight of someone giving their all for the NCFC shirt before it becomes a thing of the past.

[quote]he was part of the best defence in the league the season b4 last. I think he gives more effort than anyone on the pitch. We should enjoy the sight of someone giving their all for the NCFC shirt befo...[/quote]

"The season before last"

That was 2 years ago - Fleming is now 2 years older. He hasn''t got what it takes now, and instead of clinging onto the past the club should be looking to the future.

Doc and Shackell please.

lol, flem was also part of the worst defence in the league. Cancels itself out i think. He deserves a chance, yes, but if hes not up to it he should be replaced asap

Don''t you think that doc is error prone.  The point i was making wasn''t that Flem is faultless, only he seems to care more than doc.  I would be in favour of the Doc/Shacks partnership if only for the height they give at defending set pieces.

[quote]Don''t you think that doc is error prone. The point i was making wasn''t that Flem is faultless, only he seems to care more than doc. I would be in favour of the Doc/Shacks partnership if only for the...[/quote]

Chris I can assure you that I care more than Flem but you wouldnt want me playing any more than Doc!  We do need our best players on the pitch - not the ones who care most or run around covering the most ground; somewhere we have lost the love of watching players who can do things with a football, either defensively or creatively and that does need to change.

Yes Doc is error prone but he is young enough to imporve and be our future - Flem is a an age where the mistakes will only become more numerous and on last years performances (where doc was played better each time he was paired with Flem - that does not mean he played well) he is more ''error prone'' that the ginger pele... 

Together with his preference to blame his team mates for his own mistakes I beleive that it is time for Flem to take a back seat and let theothers have a go.

However I also beleive that Flem will start as captain against Coventry and if so,  with a bit of luck, will ram my words back down my throat!

OTBC

If enough people contact the club and say that we are not to pleased with Fleming being played constantly would something happen... like Fleming not playing. They say they''re a club that listens to it supporters.

I cant agree with fleming bein "solid and reliable"(at prem level), but i stil think we should start him with shackell at the back on the 6th august! and just see how it goes! IMO hes stil good enough 2 play wel 4 the whole of nxt season!

Obviously Worthington has the benefit, that we dont hav, at really bein able 2 look at the player before the season starts! and im sure if he belived he was not up 2 it, he would drop him staright away, no doubt!

But again, give flem a chance 2 show us wat hes stil made of and support him all the way! there is way too many back stabin with cartain ncfc players at the mo!

Come on we are the best supporters in the world, lets show everyone why!!

[quote]If enough people contact the club and say that we are not to pleased with Fleming being played constantly would something happen... like Fleming not playing. They say they''re a club that listens to it...[/quote]

I would rather have a strong manager who stands by his convictions rather than choosing a team based on what a few fans think on a website forum - even if we don''t always agree with him.

[quote]I would rather have a strong manager who stands by his convictions rather than choosing a team based on what a few fans think on a website forum - even if we don''t always agree with him.[/quote]

I''d rather have a manager who didn''t continually choose his old personal favourites whilst freezing out the newer, younger team memebers for seemingly no reason.

[quote]I cant agree with fleming bein "solid and reliable"(at prem level), but i stil think we should start him with shackell at the back on the 6th august! and just see how it goes! IMO hes stil good enough...[/quote]

Yes we are some of the best supporters in the world and we also know when a player is consistently under performing, like Fleming did last season.  Fleming had 38 chances to show us what he was made of and quite frankly in my opinion he was one of the poorest players last season.  I expect my team captain to be one of the best players on the pitch and set a good example to the other players, and that doesn''t mean having a go at them when you have made the mistake.

I don''t know what the final stats were last season, but I''m guessing Fleming came close to making the least amount of tackles.  I believe he also only collected 1/2 yellow cards, which for a centre half means you are either an outstanding defender, or you never got near enough to the opposition to foul them.  I will leave you to judge what category we should put Fleming in. 

At the risk of repeating myself it is time to rest Fleming and go for a different central pairing.  Make Fleming club captain and give the team captaincy to either Shackell, Safri or Charlton.

How about a back four of:

MLJ-Colin-Shax-Drury

with Charlie / Doc / Fleming to fill in (in that order).  

I think we should look to the future and try and put an defence together NOW that is good enough for the prem.

Give Shackell and Colin a chance to play along side each other for a full season.

If the plan is to play fleming this season and then change things around when/if we get promoted (as we did with Malky) I think its a big mistake.

Our promotion season we were so successful because we had so few injuries and had a consistant squad.

I think what let us down in the prem last year was NOT ability but organisational ability.

We need players who are used to defending together as a unit. Knowing how to defend corners and free kicks.

With so few games in the prem you cannot afford to use the first few games as a learning experience.