Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

marquee signings and other players we should be going in for

Marquee players we''ve missed out on:

James milner - signed for Liverpool (would have been perfect for us and an achievable signing)

Bastian Schweinsteiger - gone to man u for 7.5 million (same price as rvw), we could have offered 8.5 mil and 10k more a week than man u would pay for him, job done... norwich on the map and mean business.. but no, now a man u squad player.

Good players we''ve missed out on:

Charlie Adam - just signed new contract extention with stoke

Carl Jenkinson - signed with Sunderland

Robert huth - signed for Leicester

Tom huddlestone - all he needed was a tour round intu for persuasion, but no too late, he''s committed to Hull already

Players we should be going for:

Scott parker - wears his balls on his sleeve, no messing.

Joey barton - quality operater, gritty, determined

Samir Nasri - perfect marquee signing and replacement for hoolahan

Edin Dzeko - out of sorts at man city, marquee, target man with quality

Ashley Cole - don''t rate him as a human being, but could still do a job for us - talk of him wanting to come back to the UK and Newcastle sniffing around for him - why not us???? Low key marquee.

Alexandre Pato - still only 25, Brazil international, tap him up on the hush hush so no other clubs get involved and we could get him for about 10 mil... This is the one, the marquee signing that would show we mean business

Troll tag is getting boring. I say it how it is and I won''t conform to the culture of mediocrity and the comfort zone the club has cemented it''s self into for the past generation.things have got to change, starting from now. I swear half of city fans would like to see flower beds planted at the side of the pitch, with notcutts sponsoring the tulips and Stephen Fry on the tannoy reading out poetry while the games on

Please leave this forum you are completely and utterly boring now, surely you have something better to do with your time than spout this absolute drivel...pato,...nasri ...dzeko if you are not a troll and genuinely believe we could sign these calibre of players in a million years you need your head looking at

Please not Joey Barton I do not want that DlCK bag playing for my football team.

also I will be stealing the phase "wears his balls on his sleeve" to use IRL as passing off as my own.

Shweinsteiger as well hahahhahaha I don''t know why I even bothered wasting precious seconds of my life to reply to you

You may be happy with average, Joe - I''m not. there''s no reason why we can''t sign Pato. We''re a PL outfit in good financial shape. We need to take some risks and actually use some of the 120 MILLION POUNDS we get for promotion on buying some quality, marquee players. Rather than frittering it away on high end cutlery and table cloths for delias.

You have no clue what you''re on about do you.

Here''s the massive contradiction you''ve just made.

You don''t rate Ashley Cole as a human being but your in love with joey Barton.

Case closed you''re a c***

[quote user="True Grit"]We''re a PL outfit in good financial shape.[/quote]Scott Parker is on £75,000 a week. How long would we be in good financial shape if we started signing players of that ilk?

[quote user="alartz"]You have no clue what you''re on about do you.

Here''s the massive contradiction you''ve just made.

You don''t rate Ashley Cole as a human being but your in love with joey Barton.

Case closed you''re a c***[/quote]

What Ashley did to Cheryl was inexcusable.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="True Grit"]We''re a PL outfit in good financial shape.[/quote]Scott Parker is on £75,000 a week. How long would we be in good financial shape if we started signing players of that ilk?[/quote]

We can afford it NOW and you have to take risks to reap the rewards. I''ll do a thread about it when it''s ready but i''ve been working on a 5 year plan, root and branch reform... target after 5 years is a top 4 finish..its entirely achievable, but risks are involved.

I''m not saying I agree with the OP''s list of players (well they are all great players and would walk into our team anyday!).

But to put it in perspective, when we signed RVW, he was highly rated and was keenly sought after, plus was a real marquee signing.

Hindsights great in that we all know that first season didn''t work out.

If we get Mulumbu, he''s come on a free, as has Dorrans. We are debt free and back in Premiership, Mcnally has stated we won''t be buying too many, so we could afford to break the bank with a real quality signing to really push us on.

Waveney your such a gimp

you couldn''t tell a marquee from a gazebo

moaning about the impossible is a new low of the lows

barton vile scum of the earth

parker crock

as for the big names on the list not one of them will not be playing champions league football next season with the exception of cole who might go to the usa or the middleast

the players we missed out on are just also rans

I want Virgil van Dijk as our marquee. Would take Bakary Sako too. The list is bizarre wouldn''t give Charlie Adam a ticket to carrot road if he paid me.

[quote user="TheTetteyRole"]I want Virgil van Dijk as our marquee. Would take Bakary Sako too. The list is bizarre wouldn''t give Charlie Adam a ticket to carrot road if he paid me.[/quote]

Charlie Adam is the exact unsung, shire horse who would boss the midfield. Direct and resilient, with a thunder bolt of a shot. Massively underrated.

[quote user="True Grit"][quote user="TheTetteyRole"]I want Virgil van Dijk as our marquee. Would take Bakary Sako too. The list is bizarre wouldn''t give Charlie Adam a ticket to carrot road if he paid me.[/quote]

Charlie Adam is the exact unsung, shire horse who would boss the midfield. Direct and resilient, with a thunder bolt of a shot. Massively underrated.[/quote]

No he isn''t. And he''s just signed a new contract at Stoke. Forget him.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="True Grit"][quote user="TheTetteyRole"]I want Virgil van Dijk as our marquee. Would take Bakary Sako too. The list is bizarre wouldn''t give Charlie Adam a ticket to carrot road if he paid me.[/quote]

Charlie Adam is the exact unsung, shire horse who would boss the midfield. Direct and resilient, with a thunder bolt of a shot. Massively underrated.[/quote]

No he isn''t. And he''s just signed a new contract at Stoke. Forget him.

[/quote]

Yes, I know he has, as I stated in the original post! But that''s the sort of player we need in midfield, strong and ballsy. Coupled with a marquee signing of proven flair and quality (I''m talking effective flair, not step over and run into corner flag redmond flair), such as a big name who''s out of sorts at a big club, someone like Samir Nasri. Pato would be a great signing - we all remember what juninhio did for Middlesborough.

If we attempt to rival one of the richest clubs in World Football in the wages race, let alone outbid them, then we would be on the scrapheap within a couple of seasons. That''s just one banana-esque suggestion of many.

My shopping list for Tesco contains more good sense, bananas and Fosters included.

The second longest suicide note in History?

The demise of Leeds United, Portsmouth and Glasgow Rangers would seem as nothing compared with our inevitable tumble into the abyss.

That''s not an ambition I would nurture. Besides I am quite content with our "hambition" as things are at the moment.

This all must really be a total wind-up, but it is put forward with such conviction and with such appalling consistency.

Is the advocacy of Joey Barton a clue?

It actually worked for Portsmouth and Leeds, until it got out of control. Harry at Portsmouth was to blame because he got carried away. I''m talking about one or two marquee players (pato and nasri) that we build the team around (akin to messi and ronaldo, but obviously not that high profile of a player), back this up with sturdy and gritty players, like adam and barton and you have the nucleus of a successful top flight outfit.

I don''t play fifa and it''s beside the point, but I have guided norwich to 6th place in the PL in just 3 seasons on football manager 2015 using the tactics I''m talking about.

And I guided Norwich to 5th in my first season in premier league, and that was without buying players on 100k a week. It''s a game

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]And I guided Norwich to 5th in my first season in premier league, and that was without buying players on 100k a week. It''s a game[/quote]

Hmm, I''d be interested to hear about the methodology you used to achieve this.