Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Wessi Option?

Parmas masterclass v7 rightly highlighted the need for a wessi replacement / upgrade;   as yet I have not seen any decent suggestions

A player I have followed for a while (since prague we beaten by Chelsea in the champs league a couple of seasons ago) is Vaclav Kadlec;   he started as a striker with prague,  lost some confidence following a knee injury in 2011 but starting to impress again with the both czech u21 & their full team having dropped back to an attacking central midfield role.   23 and currently with Frankfurt.

He is a little unknown and he may not be a decent suggestion but would like to get this position covered - any thoughts - or alternatives?

Was it Pritchard from Brentford at the away game he was everywhere and had a touch just like wessi

We all know though that he is with Spurs and may bot be an option.

I do think we need a player who can score goals in that position. Wes can and I hope he does, but as to other names I await to see other suggestions.

AN thought Andreu could be that answer, he may be... but sure we will find someone else

The question is - will Norwich use a ''Wessi'' style player?

Will the club be looking for someone who is more of a central midfielder who can create, rather than looking for a player who will sit behind the striker and maybe not offer as much defensively.

It could be AN plans to go with Tettey and Mulumbu sitting behind Howson - with Johnson and Redmond on the wings. Not the most exiting of formations but very solid and will maintain possession well.

[quote user="smooth"]Was it Pritchard from Brentford at the away game he was everywhere and had a touch just like wessi

We all know though that he is with Spurs and may bot be an option.

I do think we need a player who can score goals in that position. Wes can and I hope he does, but as to other names I await to see other suggestions.

AN thought Andreu could be that answer, he may be... but sure we will find someone else[/quote]

Agree with you on Pritchard, looked a quality player when Brentford came to CR. Maybe on a loan as he seems to be highly rated at Spurs.

Why are our fans always so obsessed with "upgrading" players who have served us well and are still more than capable of performing for us.

Fine if we want to look for a younger, similar type of player as a successor to Wes then thats sensible and I think Pritchard is a good shout but next season Wes is plenty good enough to play for us regularly and deserves the chance to prove it.

In the same way Mulumbu is not an "upgrade" on Tettey. He is an alternative to Tettey or they may well play together.

I agree that we should not be looking to replace Wes but add some depth into that 10 role.

Pritchard looks great and would be a fantastic signing, but not a realistic one on a permanent unfortunately. A loan would be doable but I''d rather we used our Premiership status/finances to get in talented players on longer deals while we can.

Not that anyone comes to mind however...

The manner in which some WBA fans were bigging up the creative side of Dorrans'' play, on a forum I visited at about the time of his signing, was encouraging to read.

Perhaps we have not seen the full repertoire of this player due to the way he has had to be used by Neil thus far,and perhaps Wes and him will do for now?

Wouldn''t say no to a new maestro on the scene though.

Fabio, Fabio wherefore art though Fabio?

I am probably the only person within two hundred miles of Carrow Road who wouldn''t mind having "Laid-back Leroy" back; the new, improved, more mature and Alex Neil version that is.

However, that is quite a taboo view on here, for the most part.

Younger sample, that is.

Fer was probably QPR''s best player after Charlie Austin so don''t have issues over his quality.

However, never a fan of going back and probably best to consider new prospects. Also, central midfield is the area AN has the most options already - Howson, Johnson, O''Neill, Vadis, Dorrans, Tettey and the imminent arrival of Mulumbu. Need some players to leave before the club start bringing in more, in this area.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Why are our fans always so obsessed with "upgrading" players who have served us well and are still more than capable of performing for us.

Fine if we want to look for a younger, similar type of player as a successor to Wes then thats sensible and I think Pritchard is a good shout but next season Wes is plenty good enough to play for us regularly and deserves the chance to prove it.

In the same way Mulumbu is not an "upgrade" on Tettey. He is an alternative to Tettey or they may well play together.[/quote]

I agree with you, but  it''s not a popular view. Many like to think we can do better than what we''ve got already, that somehow because we are promoted we will be able to go out and buy instant improvements. The truth is that Tettey is a class act, Wessi is a class act - and have proved it at the highest level - and getting better would cost us many millions of pounds.  Also, they stuck with us when we went down - so we should stick with them, as they were majorly resonsible for getting us back to the top level again.  I would say the same about all our players - they are all good enough and any additions to the squad - like Mulumbu - will be additions to a squad, not replacements for players who are suddenly deemed not good enough - because that just isn''t the case. 

The only sensible sale from what we have would be Lafferty, who I still think has something to offer, but  his combative attitude and ability to get cards does him no favours.  Maybe  AN will see something in him that he can harness, but otherwise, he may be better off  elsewhere.  RVW  I''d keep, to let him fight to prove himself as a Norwich player.

Hahahahaha - poor old Lafferty: worked hard for us out of position, despite proving for NI what he can do IN position, and is now often retrospectively criticised on here for getting stuck in too hard (unlike a certain other left-side player of ours who surely never will be). But to prefer RvW...that''s a REAL kick in the nuts! Poor old Laffs!

Pritchard for me.

But what I love is that for the last 5 yrs people have been writing Wes off. He starts on the bench. Fans start realising we are missing him and he gets back into the team.

Hope he proves people wrong again.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The only sensible sale from what we have would be Lafferty, who I still think has something to offer, but  his combative attitude and ability to get cards does him no favoursMaybe  AN will see something in him that he can harness[/quote]You make me smile Lakey. Did you know AN was the most combative player in Scotland and picked up red cards by the dozen? I don''t think he will be trying to harness Laff''s combative attitude if he keeps him. [:D]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Pritchard for me.

But what I love is that for the last 5 yrs people have been writing Wes off. He starts on the bench. Fans start realising we are missing him and he gets back into the team.

Hope he proves people wrong again.[/quote]Wes is and has always been a diamond. So much so, the even named a formation after him. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]The only sensible sale from what we have would be Lafferty, who I still think has something to offer, but  his combative attitude and ability to get cards does him no favoursMaybe  AN will see something in him that he can harness[/quote]You make me smile Lakey. Did you know AN was the most combative player in Scotland and picked up red cards by the dozen? I don''t think he will be trying to harness Laff''s combative attitude if he keeps him. [:D][/quote]

I think you''ll find AN''s cards were largely for crunching tackles, not Lafferty style petulant hacks at players. But I could be wrong [;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]The only sensible sale from what we have would be Lafferty, who I still think has something to offer, but  his combative attitude and ability to get cards does him no favoursMaybe  AN will see something in him that he can harness[/quote]You make me smile Lakey. Did you know AN was the most combative player in Scotland and picked up red cards by the dozen? I don''t think he will be trying to harness Laff''s combative attitude if he keeps him. [:D][/quote]

I think you''ll find AN''s cards were largely for crunching tackles, not Lafferty style petulant hacks at players. But I could be wrong [;)][/quote]You''re always wrong......[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]The only sensible sale from what we have would be Lafferty, who I still think has something to offer, but  his combative attitude and ability to get cards does him no favoursMaybe  AN will see something in him that he can harness[/quote]You make me smile Lakey. Did you know AN was the most combative player in Scotland and picked up red cards by the dozen? I don''t think he will be trying to harness Laff''s combative attitude if he keeps him. [:D][/quote]I think you''ll find AN''s cards were largely for crunching tackles, not Lafferty style petulant hacks at players. But I could be wrong [;)][/quote]You''re always wrong......[;)][/quote]

[H]  It''s a gift..........