Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian Asspong

Players We Should Aim For

Here is a list of players i think we should be aiming for.

Alan Judge - Looked very good in the playoffs. Would be a brilliant addition to the squad.

Aiden McGeady - In my opinion a very good player and shouldn''t be too expensive

Matt Phillips - Was one of the only good players in a terrible QPR side last year. Would be a very good signing.

Robbie Brady - Very good at crossing. Can be used as a left-back or left-mid. Quite quick too.

Virgil Van Dijk - Obviously been linked recently so this isn''t one I''ve come up with by myself. But he should be our top target. A quick, tall, strong centre back who can take free kicks. What a signing he''d be.

Ezequiel Muñoz - Another good centre back. He seems to score the odd goal. Could be a very good signing. Available on a free as well on a free too.

Alex Pritchard - Very promising young player and would fit in to our squad very well I think. Definite one to watch.

Bafétimbi Gomis - Swansea just signed Andre Ayew so may fall out of favor there. He good be a very good signing.

Bakary Sako - Young, promising player destined to play for a big club eventually. Would be happy to have him for a few seasons. And he''s also on a free

Ravel Morrison - Has no club at the moment and showed some real class at West Ham.

Gabby Agbonlahor - Very quick and now very out-of-favor at Villa. Could get him cheap.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestion put them below

Judge - your definition of ''brilliant'' is a bit different from mine.

McGeady - possibly could be revived but in his current state, no.

Phillips - Yep, would take any day. Got the quality to take the top level.

Brady - not for 6m. Not quite a left winger(?) but if hull lowered their asking price, maybe.

van Dijk - would do anything for this man to come to the club.

Munoz - at 24, maybe a consideration, 19 games this season.

Pritchard - a loan could do no harm but I''ve never seen him play so can''t judge.

Gomis - never going to happen.

Sako - would take over Brady any day. Was one of the only stars in a quite average wolves team that came to CR. Young? He is 27...

Not sure about the other two, Gabby never did it for me and we don''t need a mother player like Morrison.

Alan Judge - No, not good enough
McGeady - Not convinced he would be worth the fee. 3 years left on his contract at Everton.
Matt Phillips - Maybe, depending on price.
Brady - yes, depending on price
Van Dijk - 100% yes, worth pushing the boat out for.
Munoz - Know nothing about him so can''t comment
Pritchard - Yes, but we are stacked in Midfield with Mulumbu. Great player but you''d have to think of who we would lose to accomodate him. Howson or Hoolahan realistic candidates. Hoolahan''s age would put him as odd man out really so it would be a choice of Pritchard or Hoolahan. Not convinced Pritchard will have the same impact that Wes can, but Wes likely to only have one season of top flight footy left in him imo.
Gomis - Not convinced on him. Would rather have N''Doye (5 in 15) than Gomis (7 in 32)
Sako - same issue as Pritchard. To accomodate him, you probably have to sacrifice Wes.
Ravel Morrison - Signed a 4 year deal with Lazio in January anyway, but waaaay too much baggage/discipline issues.
Agbonlahor - Played 31 times last season so not that out of favour, despite the high profile FA cup final debacle. Not convinced he''s available, and if he is, not sure the player will justify the price tag.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To be honest, I think we need to be looking at higher calibre players than those listed. Swansea and So''ton have shown what''s possible by smart signings of a better quality. Wolfy flopped, but that is irrelevant and independent to any other players we bring in. I''ve focussed mainly on young players who wouldn''t count against our squad cap.
Players I would go for:
Blaszczykowski - Quite possibly available for loan from Dortmund and would be a stand-out player in our squad. 
Godfrey Oboabona - Rizespor (Lafferty''s loan club) Centre Half. 24 years old, 30 caps for Nigeria already and 6''1. Quick, strong and powerful, well suited to demands of Prem football.
Nabil Fekir - Attacking mid/striker - playing for Lyon - 14 goals and 9 assists last season. Only 21 but quick and strong, with a real eye for goal.
Joshua Brenet - PSV Right back - Possibly a little on the small side for the Prem, but lightning quick and solid defensively - also scores a fair few headers due to scary athletic ability.
Baba - Augsburg Left Back - Destined for big things, he is young (20) and similar in playing style to Olsson. Would be a solid addition to the squad.
Kongolo - PSV - Can play Centre back or left back - went to the World cup last year with Holland - been one of the main reasons PSV''s defence is so sturdy.
Milik - Never going to happen as he has just signed for Ajax, but throw money at Ajax until they say yes imo - the kid will be better than Lewandowski and is strong enough to cope in the Prem.
Franck Boli - Another lightning quick youngster, but also big and strong. Awesome aerial threat and probably not too pricey as playing for Staebek currently.
Kamil Glik - Torino captain, and absolute rock of a centre half. Hard as nails. Scored 8 last season too. Torino want about 10 or 11 mill for him though so probably out of our price range.

Baba would be great but with Europa league...

Fekir is way out of our league. What about that Ghanaian playing for Anderlecht. Name slipped past me.