Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

Why not Michu?

Keep hearing about unproven (premier league) foreign strikers we''re linked with when Michu is available from Swansea FFS. They don''t want him and he doesn''t want to stay.

Can''t be on a fortune at Swansea so why not go in for him?

Proven goal scorer in the premier league, our style of play would suit and would be a real asset.

Fell off the radar big time didn''t he!

Is it just a case that he''s out of favour and their other strikers work better for the Swansea setup

I remember when he was being touted with massive moves away to Spanish clubs. Didn''t he go on loan and fail to impress?

Seems odd as, last time I saw him anyway, he seemed a very good player.

He''s being linked with a 4 million move to West Ham on Walesonline.com

At 4 million i would take a gamble. I think his attributes would suite us and he scored some crackers for Swansea when he played regularly.

He went on loan to Napoli (I think) and was voted the biggest flop of the season.

He went on loan to Napoli (I think) and was voted the biggest flop of the season.

Bit harsh, 3 appearances. He may have been injured or simply just wasn''t favoured.

He''s being linked with a 4 million move to West Ham on Walesonline.com

What an absolute steal that would be - would you rather:

Michu @ £4 million - proven in premiership or

Mbokani @ £5.5m - unproven in premiership?

Both aged 29 BTW

Talk of him interesting Arsenal and A.Madrid after his first season and a £20m fee and even got a cap for Spain.

Michu has lost his way a bit... if he can get his head right and get the desire for it he could grab 20 goals a season in the prem...

Age is against him a bit for a big club. do we take the risk?

He''s 29, has proven himself once in the PL, if AN thought he could get his head right again and had a system in mind that suited him, at 4 million to me he would be well worth the gamble. It''s a lot easier to get someone to rediscover past form (if they want to) than it is to assess someones ability to play at a level they never have.

The issue with Michu is maybe figuring out why he has lost his way.

Change in tactical approach at the clubs he''s at? Clubs wanting to move in a different direction? Maybe worth a look.Struggled with injuries? Just happened to have two seasons where everything ''clicked''? May struggle to reproduce best form, so possibly best to look elsewhere.Loss of appetite? Managers not fancying him? Can''t be bothered any more? Got a big contract, happy to collect his wages on the bench? Steer clear.

I guess for us sitting here it is impossible to know.

The issue with Michu is maybe figuring out why he has lost his way.

Change in tactical approach at the clubs he''s at? Clubs wanting to move in a different direction? Maybe worth a look.

Struggled with injuries? Just happened to have two seasons where everything ''clicked''? May struggle to reproduce best form, so possibly best to look elsewhere.

Loss of appetite? Managers not fancying him? Can''t be bothered any more? Got a big contract, happy to collect his wages on the bench? Steer clear.

I guess for us sitting here it is impossible to know.

Taking into account any of these reasons i have full confidence in Alex Neil to sort Michu out if we were to get him, ala Bassong.

If it''s as much of a no brainer as some of you think, there should be 10-12 PL sides after him. That Swansea want shot might suggest there are issues with the guy - not least an awful injury record, according to wales online he has been plagued by ankle injuries that would ''set alarm bells ringing at any club''.