Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Dion Dublin

Just seen Dion pop up on that homes show, the one with the little blond girl and the other chap.

Our Dion seems to have done rather well for himself as a television personality in shows not connected with football.

I can''t for the life of me fathom his connection with property though. Has he his own portfolio, as they say?

At least he''s an improvement on the other chap who seems to come out with the same stuff all the time and generally comes over as a bit limp, ''as a filleted lettuce leaf'' is the expression that comes to mind.

It makes you wonder what attributes an ex-player needs to become a television presenter/personality.

There can''t be a common factor as Robbie Savage manages to get himself a lot of general exposure as well.

The current golden boy is, of course, Gary Linekar, who even out Vordermans Carol Vorderman in her hey day on the box. I think he''s pretty competent though, but many golfers don''t, apparently.

I struggle to think of any current City player who could cross the divide, although perhaps we could loan RVW to Anglia Television for a year. He usually gives a good account of himself.

I saw DD on something the other day talking about becoming a ''mainstream'' presenter on that property thing - good luck to him, I guess! He was saying that Dave Stringer got rid of him as a youngster as he wasn''t big enough, I think he played cb at the time, but went to Cambridge and the rest is history.