Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

Gary Hooper!!

According to the BBC has posted on Instagram that:

He is the first and only player to have scored in the Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, FA Cup, League Cup, Football League Trophy, FA Trophy, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Scottish Premier, Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup.

Didn''t Huckerby do something similar - Scotland aside?

Perhaps you''re referring to this one (an ex-Canary):

Name the player who has scored a hat-trick in:

The Premier League

The Championship

League 1

League 2

Conference

FA Cup

League Cup

For his country at senior level

This one is fairly well-known but I''ll post this without his name just in case those who won''t know can have a guess.

Who is the only player to have scored a hat-trick in all four tiers of professional football in England, FA Cup, League Cup and at international level?

Yeah agree its a classic for a ice breaker on holiday while watching football in the local sports bar.

[quote user="Display Name"]Perhaps you''re referring to this one (an ex-Canary):

Name the player who has scored a hat-trick in:

The Premier League

The Championship

League 1

League 2

Conference

FA Cup

League Cup

For his country at senior level

This one is fairly well-known but I''ll post this without his name just in case those who won''t know can have a guess.[/quote]
Robert Earnshaw. 

Who is the first and only player to have scored in the Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, FA Cup, League Cup, Football League Trophy, FA Trophy, eat a tray of donuts in 10 minutes and fit a Bridgestone. 205/50R16 87W on a Ford Mondeo before his coffee break.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Who is the first and only player to have scored in the Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, FA Cup, League Cup, Football League Trophy, FA Trophy, eat a tray of donuts in 10 minutes and fit a Bridgestone. 205/50R16 87W on a Ford Mondeo before his coffee break.[/quote]

Good luck fitting that particular tyre on a mondeo (former mechanic just being a nerd lol)

While on the subJect of Gary Hooper a friend of mine who''s son is an academy player at Sheff Utd told me today that there''s a strong rumour around Brammall Lane that Hooper could be going there on a season loan if CIty sign another striker, he would be teaming up with Nigel Adkins again who he was with at Scunthorpe.

[quote user="Plymouth canary"]While on the subJect of Gary Hooper a friend of mine who''s son is an academy player at Sheff Utd told me today that there''s a strong rumour around Brammall Lane that Hooper could be going there on a season loan if CIty sign another striker, he would be teaming up with Nigel Adkins again who he was with at Scunthorpe.[/quote]The chances of this happening are somewhere between a snowballs in hell and nil.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Did Earnie ever play, never mind score, in the Conference?[/quote]

No, he''s never played in the Conference.

[quote user="Herman "]Aye Ricardo. Hooper will not be going to League 1.

[/quote]I doubt Sheff Utd could afford his National Insurance contributions, let alone his wages.My info from Scotland is that something is going on with Celtic but it may be just wishful thinking on their part. Personally I hope he stays.

I hope so too. No matter what posters say he is our most natural goalscorer and if there is a chance/penalty etc. I''d want him on the end of it. He probably won''t get a lot of games judging by the formation that AN prefers but he is an important squad member.

[quote user="Plymouth canary"]I agree with you all and I found it a bit strange but my friend is quite genuine and has no reason to tell me a lot of bull I''m sure time will tell.[/quote]Work it out for yourself.Why would he got to League 1 when he could go to any Championship club or Celtic?How would Sheff Utd pay even a fraction of his wages assuming for some strange reason he fancied going there?Whats in it for NCFC?Not difficult to see that this rumour is nonsense.