Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

Who would you bring in

With all the media speculation around a number of players who would you like the club to sign (realistic)

Personally I think we need to strengthen in these areas, RB,CB,ACM,ST

RB. I would go for Bryam at Leeds, good solid player who is young and has plenty of potential, and another one taken from Leeds!!

CB. I''d love to see Van Dijk here, brilliant CB from what I have seen of him big strong tall and quick everything you need in a CB

ACM. I''m a massive hoolihan fan and I''m thinking long term as well as short term, I''d love to see Pritchard here. Great little player on the ball, has an eye for goal too. Only problem he got injured in the u21 and I doubt Spurs would let him go at this stage of his career, failing this I would go for Marin at Chelsea, great little player before he got to Chelsea, but as usual doesn''t play goes out on loan and has been wasted.

ST. This is a hard on for me if I''m honest I don''t know who I would get in, the names being mentioned I''m not keen on any of the strikers to be honest. I do think we need a more of a target man type striker who can hold the ball up

I don''t often shout out random names I think would be good as it generally makes you look foolish, either going too big, or too small and no real way to prove if you were right or wrong. However, here are some names I would look at, from the Bundesliga -

CB - Ermin Bicakcic - Plays for Hoffenheim, who probably don''t have to seel since the Frimino deal, but is an excellent centre back. Good on the ball, decent pace and top notch positioning.

AM - Hiroshi Kiyotake - Incredibly skillful, small, left footed, excellent dribbler, massively creative, mercurial. The Japanese Hoolahan, but one who loves to shoot. Plays for Hannover who struggled against relegation and he wants to try his luck in the Premier League - his slight build could be an issue, but like Hoolahan he can dictate a game on his.

CF - Haris Seferoivc - Star of the U-17 World cup in 2009 for Switzerland but struggled to make his mark in senior football until last season. Did well for mid-table Frankfurt in 2014-2015 scoring a respectable 10 goals and 5 assists. Reminds me of Grant Holt in the way he jostles defenders and gets stuck in, but is also deceptively skilful and a good finisher.

I''m sure people will shoot me down now - as is the way of the message board but there are some players I have noticed over the last few seasons who I think could add something.

There are some very good players in the German league, Bicakcic is a great shout seen him play a few time and I think would fit in well, I haven''t seen the other 2 before. The bundesleauga is where my shout for Marin comes from he was a brilliant little playmaker in that league before his move to Chelsea.

I''m not one to usually shout names about either but just wanted to get some of the other fans opinions of who they would like to see in the green and yellow next season

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Dave Grohl, what a captain and leader he would be[/quote]

Yeah, he could do everything and play in all positions

CB        -  Younes Kaboul,  Curtis Davies, Van Dijk or BotteghinRB        -  I have struggled fornames beyond the linked Yedlin or Jazz Richards.  Santon mentioned today could be a good options.   Would                  love Carl Jenkinson.LM   -      Brady, Steven Berghuis CAM -    Alex Pritchard (loan in the prem would continue his education) or the QuagStr       -   Hardest to solve for me few suggested links seem to work;   I do like Bas Dost with only Newcastle seriously interested and                 mucking him about a late swoop would be good, Mbok I know little about but could be fine.   A riskier option Michiel Kramer.                

[quote user="jamie 10"]Hear that when it comes to the big stage he often falls short[/quote]
He''d be a "hero" though... his attitude would mean he''d be no "pretender"
"one of these days" we''ll sign him... after his show at big weekend he must think "this is a call"...
sorry! 

Haha I guess Alex Neil could be the man who could get "the best, the best, the best" out of him.

On a serious note would love jenkinson brilliant player, I like bad dost but I don''t understand his name being mentioned with Norwich, qualified for champions league with wolfsberge last year I can''t see it happening at all, dose he want to leave the German club? Kabul solid wouldn''t say no, last time we were in the prem I think we lacked creativity goal scoring opertunitys and were weak in defence and these are the key areas I think we need to strengthen. Is prichards injury short term?

Wolfsburg have already bought a replacement for B-D & it looks inevitable that he will leave them.    He has been in talks with Toon for a while suggesting european football is not essential for him.

I too am surprised no one else want him,  perhaps he is looking for a couple of seasons in the prem and a wage increase?   Not sure if he worked with McLaren in Holland hence the link - but it seems he is available and the clubs interested are all mid / lower prem,   where the style of play is likely to suit his game.  Very much a pipe dream and he could be using newcastle to lever a move elsewhere but who knows.

Bas Dost had a decent spell of goal scoring but has been regarded fairly useless by Wolfsburg the rest of the time.

He managed 11 goals in 6 matches in the middle of the season but the club had already put plans in motion to replace him at that point.

Personally don''t think he is worth signing, potential to be another RVW.

Haven''t seen much of him to be honest saw him a couple of times and to be fair I don''t think he would have scored the amount of goals if it wasn''t for Kevin de bruyne on of the best playmakers in football at the moment. I think if we want to get the best out of hooper and RVW we need to play 2 up top and I do rate hooper as a goal scorer he just hasn''t had the oppertunitys to show his true potential. I can''t see us playing 2 up top in the prem tho.

Mine are a bit off-centre.

Kris Commons from Celtic .... great left foot, experienced and has linked up well with Gary Hooper in the past. Not sure if he''s actually played in the PL, but his presence there is overdue.

Max Gradel from St.-Etienne. Always registers a decent goal scoring return and out-gunned RVW at St. Et., by some way.

Virgil Van Dijk also Celtic .... Break the bank for this guy. Make him our marquee signing of the Summer.

DeAndre Yedlin, loan from Spurs ... it is hard to dismiss the glowing reports about this player and he could be a revelation at Carrow Road.

A mixture of experience and youth. We should land the three buys for under £20 million in total, and I feel that all areas of need are covered.

Premier League rookies, I admit, but I do not see that as a problem with any of them.