Sign in to follow this  
TheTetteyRole

Hakim Ziyech

Okay, look. Before you hate on the thread and demand that such an unknown player could only be aimed at a comedic thread consider this.

We all know we need a long term Wes replacement with his Prem ability uncertain (don''t get me wrong, I think Wes will be fantastic this season but we need a supporter) and after a few searches on transfermarkt I think I''ve found the guy.

His name is Hakim Ziyech, he''s 22 and currently plays for FC Twente at AM. In 32 games, he has scored 14 and assisted 16 in what wasn''t a vintage season for the club. Just in case you don''t know, he was involved in 2 more goals than Depay in just 2 more games, and is only a year older. He has great vision and is set to be a star, plus with no obvious interest from other clubs, I think a look in would be a great idea.

Suspect that he''d cost a fair whack as his value on Transfermarkt is £4.4m. We already have a player of the same value in Odjidja-Ofoe, who can play either CM or AM, and could surprise a few people with a breakout season. Ziyech could be one to watch though.

They seem to be different players in style with Vadis being deeper and stronger and Ziyech being smaller, more skillfull and can play a pass too. With him I think our crowed midfield could be more than complete, even sending someone out to make room (we don''t really have another''s AM bar Wes, except Andreu and well... he''s been a bit ****.

Can''t see the point in these threads. Just picking a name off football manager and saying we should sign this person etc.

I haven''t taken this name from any game and after watching videos and considering stats I believe him to be the perfect Wes replacement. But yes, I do completely understand your point about the pointlessness of the thread with no way of getting to the club. I just had something in my brain saying I should post it.

Always good to be informed about options. Its a tough choice, a chancy £4m now but If he has another good season he will catch prem eyes and min price will double and we deem him too costly. Always a fine balance.

It''s a football forum, keep em coming

Think we got our fingers burnt with the whole rvw transfer and think those at the club will want us to stick to the British players or players who have been playing in England or Scotland.