Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Players back today...

Seems a week or so early but clearly Alex Neil leaving nothing to chance.

Would imagine the transfer activity will ramp up this week because of this and the window opening.

Any chance he''ll assess some of the players before deciding if a replacement is needed? People like Vadis. Perhaps he''s said, "report back in top shape and we''ll give you a chance"

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]All the internationals will probably be given another week off at least, Redmond probably another 2 weeks.[/quote]

Will Lafferty be back for his ''wee chat''?

With the play off run, the guys had a shorter break than Bournemouth and Watford to prepare and relax.

I only see coming back early as a good thing, lets get ready for the job of staying in the premier league.

Good shout on the Wolf I wonder if he will be back training today or will be training with The French club whilst is future is sorted. Anyone have any idea?

Wolfie is a Norwich player, payed by Norwich. His association with St Et will have finished 1st June (when most loans finish).

Whether he is back in Norwich or not is up to the management and their plans for him, I doubt they will freeze him out unnecessarily same with Lafferty.

We can have a squad bigger than 25 over 21 years of age. It just means we have to then send them on loan or they play with the development squad. Lafferty and EB could be in this equation.

The key is that with January you can bring people in so if a player or two had long term injuries we would be able to bring one of those players back in. Having said that I fear for EB as I am certain the Murphy boys will be given their time. If we had a stock of great under 21''s then 25 is more than enough.

Louis Thomson comes to NCFC today too, think you will see it is a big group.

AN has a lot of wee chats I would think and this is before new additions arrive after Molumbu and Dorrans.

I''d say every squad player will be back for training for AN to run his eye over them. Theres a lot of players in the squad who don''t add anything and AN needs to bring in new players so many of these need a decision on their future made. I''ve always though the bench never looked that strong so we need a small clear out.

Lol the list of players we have with uncertainty over their futures is hilarious! Imagine what 1st day back at Chelsea is like!

AN had since Jan to ''run the rule'' over most of the Norwich squad, so I''m pretty sure he knows who they are and what they are capable of - he also has Ricky Martin to help with this in his role as Technical Director.

The only player AN won''t have met is Ricky so he may want to give him a chance in training. There is a chance AN might not even be there and is still doing his coaching thing in Czech Republic - the first few days of pre-season tend to be fitness tests with medical staff so he may not be needed for that.

"the first few days of pre-season tend to be fitness tests with medical staff "

Do they still make them run round the lake at the UEA until they throw-up?

Haha, possibly.

I think the method is different but the goal is the same - the first thing most players have to do is the endurance test. Run on a treadmill for as long as possible before they pretty much collapsing while medical people do blood tests and measure oxygen intake.

Southampton''s twitter feed has some short videos of them doing it to their youth players, it looks pretty brutal.

I remember an ex-player telling me that he used to drink some very salty water to make him throw-up after one circuit of the lake.

always a good time to see who''s looked after themselves during the break...

fall behind and catching up to people in slightly better shape becomes almost impossible and usually get''s you a season of reserve football or a loan...