Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Fer to return?

Some (very vague) rumours of Fer to return.

I dont belive it, but circumstances could be better for Fer this time around, as we have better defensive midfielders to do the dirty work. Leroy to compete with Wes for the no. 10 spot?

Now, would you welcome slack Leroy''s lazy legs again?

The only way he would return is because we could get him on the (relative) cheap simply because QPR wouldn''t be forking out a sell-on fee.

Would I want him back? I''m not sure, I don''t blame him for leaving, is he good enough to get into our team? On his day probably. Not on his day, no.

So in a round about way I''m sitting on the fence, if we sign him then I won''t grumble, if we don''t sign him I''m not going to cry!

Would be like signing an albatross and chaining him around Alex Neil''s neck.

I heard he was ill at the moment anyway, I mentioned this rumour to David McNally and I am sure he said "Fer? Cough."

For me, Fer lacks heart and passion. He showed none of it the season he was here, and no e of it at QPR either. Flashes or brilliance and quality, yes, but hos lanky feet are not moving quickly or often enough, and teams like us can not afford passengers.

If only Fer could bother to do an honest shift, he could be a super player

Wouldn''t even get in the starting line up.

Would show a huge lack of respect to bj, howson and tettey.

Not cut out for a scrap.

Apart from those three things why not

Kind of split on this one. If we''re to offload Vadis (he did replace him after all) then perhaps there''s a gap.

Fer on his day would be our best player, he went to the world cup for a reason (as well as a few injuries but still!)

He has had issues with fitness in games over the last couple of years. It''s hard for us to know without knowing what goes on behind closed doors whether that is a work rate/ desire issue, a tactical discipline/ intelligence issue or possibly I suspect an injury/ fitness issue.

His time for us and QPR has been similar. Flashes of brilliance overshadowed with niggly injuries and a poor team that ultimately got relegated.

Do I think he''d turn it round and be a good player for us? I''ll go with yes, not certain but 70% sure he''d do well. If the money is right (say half what we sold him for) then yeah, why not. When on form, he was a real treat to watch and I only hope that if he gets a solid preseason behind him and stays injury free, he''ll be a great player for us.

As for any hang ups on him leaving, nope, i have none. He never once had a strop, we doubled our money on him and he even stuck around and played in one of the first games. It was a shame it was moneybags QPR that got him, not a proper premiership club but maybe that was the only option and I half suspect we "encouraged" him to leave once the £8m-£10m bid was on the table.

I know it''s obvious fishing from the OP and I shouldn''t bite but if we signed Fer, I vow to give up my season ticket and never watch a Norwich game again.

I would take him. Only won 1 from 8 without him that season (7/30 with) and his injury tied in with our downturn.

[quote user="CTID"]I know it''s obvious fishing from the OP and I shouldn''t bite but if we signed Fer, I vow to give up my season ticket and never watch a Norwich game again.[/quote]

I think the rumour is from some woman on Twitter who is CEO of EDS Sports, some fairly reputable people follow her as well.

Also, keep an eye out for Bas Dost''s summer moves, if he doesn''t go to Newcastle, her kit is off she says!

It wasn''t just our forwards who suffered greatly by Hughton''s tactics. As an attacking midfielder Leroy Fer often found himself with nowhere to go and no-one to make a telling pass to. No wonder at times he played as if he was totally demoralised. He has proved that he is a player of quality and I would not mind seeing him in an Alex Neil set up.

Having said that I won''t be crying if he doesn''t come back!

ZLF - his injury came along at a good point for him, meant he didn''t miss out on the World Cup or his big money move, handy that.

No from me, he''ll do the same again if he came back and we needed every man to fight for the points

I wouldn''t mind him at all. A class act who could turn a game and, no doubt, he would especially shine in games against the lesser clubs in the league.

The expense outweighs the need, however. He would cost at least what we got for him, IMO, and would probably expect us to equal the wages he got from QPR. Which would have likely been OTT.

We would seem too well set up in midfield to justify the financial outlay.

I am expecting considerably more from Vladis than many on here, from some readings, and I anticipate both Dorrans and Howson to be played in the more forward roles more often now that we have Mulumbu..

Over rated and under comitted. Not a Neil type player.

JF - do you think that AN can transform such a player though? He did a remarkable job on Bassong, when a lot of us thought Seb had played his last game for us.

NCFC Theory test - Scenario 1:

It''s 1-1 in the 86th minute, city are away at Stoke on a cold, wet February evening. City swing in a corner, The ball ricochets off ryan Shawcross into space... The ball is in no man''s land, it''s 50-50, you can see that if you get a touch graham dorrans is in a goal scoring position, you can also see Charlie Adam (not known for backing out of a tackle) bearing down on the ball, fast... you can see that you will get to the ball first and set up GD who will likely score... However it''s clear you will suffer a potentially serious injury a from a two footed adam challenge...

do you?

A) go for ball that sets up the winning goal and risk almost certain injury?

B)withdraw from the challenge to avoid injury?

Your answer: B

Name: Leroy Fer

INCORRECT

Leroy Fer went to WC with a team that ended up in semi finals. Although he didn''t play regularly for them he did score for them.

The scenario around Adam challenging for the ball is hyperthetical and wouldn''t happen as Fer has quick enough feet to move out of the way of challenges like that, hence you''ve never seen Adam at a WC.

Fer made a suicidal move going to QPR after being strangled by Hughton''s tactics, in a team that plays him correctly, he''ll thrive

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 28/06/2015 8:59 AM:

JF - do you think that AN can transform such a player though? He did a remarkable job on Bassong, when a lot of us thought Seb had played his last game for us.

Maybe he could do, im hoping he can work wonders with RVW. The problem with Fer seems to be a mental issue in that he isn''t up for the fight. Reading the QPR forums and their lot are of the same opinion, decent enough player but looks uninterested most of thr time. Is all irrelivent though as he wont be coming back here

I wish i had your faith in him Cobain, there is just something in his on pitch demeanor that worries me, when an attack breaks down, he saunters back, not really his job,see? 50/50 challenges, not really his job, ok? The odd 25 yarder or flamboyant stepover?...Leroy time. I was very exited when he arrived but as time wore on became frustrated at a player that didnt seem to care.

Ok, there was the system, the manager, yada, yada, but he didnt seem to give it all he has, and that is the minimum requirement of any player in my eyes.

Sunderland are after him now so at least we know the first team which will be relegated from the EPL next year

KIO....''Sunderland are after him now so at least we know the first team which will be relegated from the EPL next year ''.....They''ll love his ''heart'' up there, good move for all , except Fer and Sunderland.

I wouldn''t mind him coming back but do not see it happening. He could do well in the ''Johnson Role'' cutting in from the left and having a crack. Would be technically superior to Bradley, but seemingly not as hard working. Undoubtedly a good player but without the work-rate fails to be a top player,hence the rumours of a return to city and not the top 6 teams.

No thanks, theres a reason these players have a number of relegations to their name!

Why not look at the squad we have with a few quality additions rather than fill the team with players who are just not good enough for what ever reason.

I can''t see how some on here think we will finish in mid table! Sorry to disappoint you but we will be in a battle all season and finishing 17th would be a fantastic achievement. Would be very happy to finish 17th.

I seem to remember many of the criticisms of Fer on this thread being levelled at Chris Martin too. He turned out OK in the end.

Having said that, I wouldn''t particularly want him back, could get more for less money I suspect. Plus I still harbour a sneaking suspicion that Vadis will turn out to be at least as good.

Is it possible that this may be an option QPR are suggesting due to still owing us installments of his fee?

So, they have paid £4million of the fee and would only be looking to recoup that as they still owe us £4million+?

Would I have him back? Not really sure. I saw him as a box to box player and we signed Voo. I would think we would need to offload players before getting Fer back in, and others have said, he is a bit of a luxury in some ways.