Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Is The Mirror delusional?

According to their website: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-new-boys-bournemouth-5970728

Apparently we are set to go head to head with Bournemouth for an unwanted Palace striker, - valued at £5m - whilst they are in the market for a new striker.

In my opinion, they think that we are shopping in the bargain basement and "not worthy" of competing for players at the upper end of the market. (Li''l ol'' Norwich syndrome)

Good,Let them think that, and we''ll benefit from getting perfectly good players a sensible price whilst they pay £10m or more for players like Ideye or Hernandez...Glenn Murray is a pretty consistent goalscorer, but at 31 is probably looking at the last major move of his career at this level and that doesn''t sound great value for £5m (even if this is relatively little in modern terms), but if it''s enough to stablilise us for a year until we can bring better in, then so be it.

I believe Holt is available, proven premiership striker. Might be the next striker we get linked with.

These strikers are no better than we have here now! I would rather see Grabbs, Hoops & Jerome mix it up.

Then again West Spam are linked with Borini for 8 million, that made me chuckle! 8 million really!

Dwight Gayle is better than Lambert and Murray, can''t believe you''d be happy with either of them. I hope this is just agents pushing their player in the market, as this is a very underwhelming signing

[quote user="Indy"]I believe Holt is available, proven premiership striker. Might be the next striker we get linked with.

These strikers are no better than we have here now! I would rather see Grabbs, Hoops & Jerome mix it up.

Then again West Spam are linked with Borini for 8 million, that made me chuckle! 8 million really![/quote]Bit harsh on Borini. He would be a very good signing for a club in the bottom half.

I''d be very happy with Borini, think he is a good player and a clever striker.

Was going to say the Mirror are usually pretty good with Palace stories due to one of their reporter''s close connection with the club. However, just noticed he''s in Vegas enjoying himself at the moment so this is probably hogwash.

I''d be pleased with Murray. He''s got a presence and chipped in with quite a few important goals for Palace last season. Pardew obviously saw something in him after falling out of favour with the previous manager.

I feel people are being harsh on Murray.

He bagged a sheet load of goals in the championship before an unfortunate pretty much season long injury but last season after building himself back up at Reading, he was awesome for Palace in the second half of the year. 7 goals in 17 games at premiership level is at the same level as Holt at his peak with us in the prem.

£5m seems a lot for a 31 year old but if he''s capable of getting us double figures next season and that''s the difference between staying up and not then it''s a bargain.