Sign in to follow this  
clarkey1972

Wolf back to St Ettiene ?

On social media, Max Gradel to Bournemouth, if it comes off they want to keep our Wolfy apparently.

Make of that what you will......

I''m more disappointed that we haven''t gone for Gradel than I am at the thought of losing RVW.

Max Gradel always scores his share of goals, wherever he has played.

when he was at Leeds I always thought him wastefull, needing 6 chances before he scored.

Am sure he''s improved since then, but they are likely to want bid money for him and i think he is too big a gamble.

I still want AN to run the rule over him.

If his head is not in it then fine, but for me he wanted the challenge of the premier league and if he wants it and has fast wingers putting the ball early when his movement has got him space he will score goals.

Is that the way AN had the team set up last year, no. But it does not mean that plan B needs to be there. RVW in the right system will score goals.

If he does move this year then fair enough but I think we have a striker on our books who has underperformed who could be better for a year away.

We all remember mike sheron when he arrived here, it just never happened. I feel AN is a manager who will give all a chance if RVW is up to challenge the premier league 1 more time.

All been said before and we will wait and see

I have been hoping for that for some time Mf, but feel that it would have been concluded by now, if it was on at all.

You never know what with holidays and all that.

Rough translation of this website from Friday just gone suggests Spartak Moscow are considering a move

http://www.ojogo.pt/Internacional/interior.aspx?content_id=4647998

Unfortunately as much as I would love our 8.5mil man to come good, it seems that Neil wants that powerful target lone striker man Mbokani Gustede etc with Jerome as back up and Grabban a pacier option.

Leaves Hooper Van Wolfswinkel and Lafferty out of the picture as I am sure Laff won''t want to be sat on the bench

[quote user="clarkey1972"]

On social media, Max Gradel to Bournemouth, if it comes off they want to keep our Wolfy apparently.

Make of that what you will......

[/quote]So far there is no mention of that either from the local St-Etienne paper or on what seems to be the main fans'' forum. The only striking target I can see linked so far is a Ligue 2 player. And there was no sense when the season ended that another spell there for van Wolfswinkel was at all likely.The considered post-season assessment from fans of him (over five pages) split very neatly into two camps. One set of fans said he was technically talented enough for Ligue Un but physically not up to it. The others said he was neither technically nor physically good enough.

Best get him down to the gym with Tony Andreu, by the sound of it.
Or loan him to Hamilton Academical as a thank you, though it might not be much of a thank you.