Sign in to follow this  
Canarywayne

I will give it 5 games.

[quote user="Canarywayne"]I really can''t see what the problem is, I have said I''m opened minded about him and if the performances are there then I will be fully behind him. but I''m not blinded to see there was glimmers of tactically failures, the Middlesboro game in the league is a prime example, we got done over well and truly, granted he redeemed himself in the final which was fantastic but in the premier league you don''t get those second chances.

so in short, If he starts well then I am fully behind him, if I don''t think he will cut it then I won''t wait to show my disappointment and I don''t want another Hughton saga hanging over us again all season.

sorry if I''m going against the grain here and not tub thumping him to be better than mourinho, but that''s how I feel.[/quote]

You clearly didn''t watch the Middlesbrough league game and therefore your argument falls apart.

did we win the game? no!

did they hit us early and then shut up shop? yes

did they go down easy to break the game up thus spoiling our rythem? yes

which means they done us well and truly!

sometimes it really irks me the way some of our fans like to look at us through rose tinted glasses and not be able to look objectively at our short comings sometimes.

too much chest thumping going on I believe.

[quote user="Canarywayne"]did we win the game? no!

sometimes it really irks me the way some of our fans like to look at us through rose tinted glasses and not be able to look objectively at our short comings sometimes.

too much chest thumping going on I believe.[/quote]You''re right what you say about the Carrow Rd game but you should have added another question.....Did Alex Neil learn from that game? YES!Which shows he''s a good manager and deserves a whole lot more than five games.

[quote user="Canarywayne"] sometimes it really irks me the way some of our fans like to look at us through rose tinted glasses and not be able to look objectively at our short comings sometimes.[/quote]

Your objectivity can only be derived from being part of the miserabilist tendency, sadly for you there is no cure and you are doomed for all eternity.

When judging matches after they''ve happened you should declare your membership.

Canarywayne wrote the following post at 30/06/2015 9:24 PM:

did we win the game? no!

too much chest thumping going on I believe

All you have stated is correct apart from "done us well and truly".

That was a game plan they executed very well and we just couldn''t break them down.

A 1-0 away win is not ''done us well and truly''.

A score line by 3 especially away from home could be classed as being done well and truly.

too much chest thumping going on I believe.[/quote]

Ok apologies, yes they did what they needed to to win the game. They certainly didn''t outplay us however and we more than showed in that game that a quicker start (and remember they didn''t actually score against us), we wouldve won the game which was then emphatically proven at Wembley.

Did we beat 1p5wich? Yes

Did we beat 1p5wich again? Yes

Did 1p5wich then beat us as they had promised? No

Did we then go and beat 1p5wich AGAIN? Yes

Are we in the Premiership and 1p5wich in the Championship again? Yes

[quote user="CTID"][quote user="Canarywayne"]did we win the game? no!

Did we beat 1p5wich? Yes

Did we beat 1p5wich again? Yes

Did 1p5wich then beat us as they had promised? No

Did we then go and beat 1p5wich AGAIN? Yes

Are we in the Premiership and 1p5wich in the Championship again? Yes[/quote]

what is your obsession with the binners??????

Just because somebody doesn''t have the same opinion as you, it doesn''t make them a binner.

I bet you were one of those who constantly banged on about how great hughton was and his record at Newcastle, and look where that got us. the premiership is a whole different ball game, and Im not going to big up AN until he is there and we see what he is really like.

Ho hum

"Im not going to big up AN until he is there and we see what he is really like"

Did you have the same sentiments towards Paul Lambert after he took us up?

You need to get a grip on reality "proven" premiership managers who failed

David Moyes

Steve Bruce

Paul Lambert

Harry Redknapp

Martin O''Neill

Alex McLeish

Mick McCarthy

to name but a few, then there were the disasters at various clubs where "top Managers" didn''t make the grade:

Fulham, Spurs, Sunderland, Liverpool, Newcastle, West Brom etc

So enlighten us, what is your definition of a "proven manager"?

I don''t know why the OP mentions 5 games in the thread title. Our mistakes with Hughton were giving him the best part of a season before sacking him, and fans giving him 5 games to turn it round more than once during that period. Like a beaten up wife sticking with a violent husband, a vocal minority of fans together with the board were afraid to kick him out.We should have reviewed Hughton''s football after his first season, decided it was unacceptably poor and would likely lead to relegation, and then sacked him. We didn''t do that because we finished 11th and many chose to believe that he was some kind of genius.The moral of the tale is look at the football. Two years ago it had acted like a canary in a coal mine, and we failed to heed the warnings whenever the chirping stopped. Right now we''re seeing a turnaround, the football has improved and we need to stick with Alex Neil to see how this progresses.Any decision on upgrading the manager shouldn''t take place before the end of the coming season. And it needs to be made by reviewing the football rather than relying on league position or emotion.

[quote user="Canary Dogg"][quote user="Webbo118"]I am not sure why responses continue to be made to clowns who are clearly trolls.[/quote]

Damn those trolls[/quote]

Well, if that''s your hobby and it makes you happy. Just seems rather pathetic to me.