Sign in to follow this  
Canarywayne

I will give it 5 games.

[quote user="Canarywayne"]how have I bigged them up? I said their finishing were poor!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn''t anything they did, It was because we weren''t very good, dire at times during the semi final. the final we were great, but we were very hit and miss end part of the season when we should have had a top two place easily.

like I said, its just my opinion, perhaps I am being harsh on him, but I just feel we are building him up that he can do no wrong, when in fact he has proved the bare minimum of what was required from him.

I really hope I am wrong, but with the start we have been given, he needs to hit the ground running.[/quote]

Lined up a replacement have you, MM ?

This prick is either on the wind up or just a village idiot!

Good stuff, this forum really lacks attention seeking idiocy just now.
This poster is the breath of fresh air we need right now.

Even if we nearly blew it, in the end, we won. That''s what good teams do when they''re struggling (which we weren''t, but to play along with the accusation), We found a way to win, or they found a way to lose, or a little bit of both.

AN proved himself at Hamilton. He took that tiny club to places it didn''t belong. He can use that philosophy with any small team and squeeze more out of it thsn the sum of its parts. How''d Hamilton do after he left? Ya, he''s a proven commodity.

I''ll give it more than ten minutes before the stink of this one goes.

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]He is clearly untested at this level I will give him 10 games especially with our start before calling for his resignation and the return of the original Messiah[/quote]

Lol is this the same Messiah that smashed all off Villa''s records ie most losses on the trot, fewest goals ( think that was a premiership record ), nearly had and would have had ( if they would not have sacked him ) a big English team ( his words ) relegated ? As much as I will always thank him for what he did plenty of that was down to Culverhouse. I would think that Mr Lambert without his right hand man would have struggled to have the results he had with us. Or maybe the Messiah you speak of is Mick McCarthy but then would you not moan if we took your manager.

If we are relegated this year personally I would want Alex Neil to be the man to take us back. Alex Neil works for his success and plans down to the last possibility. There will only be one way Neil leaves here in the next 2 years and thats to take over a far bigger club ( with respect to us ). Good luck with yet another year in the Championship amongst your 16000 fans

Alex Neil can have as long as he wants as far as I''m concerned.

Even if Norwich were to be relegated ( and I don''t believe they will ), I would be more than happy for AN to be in charge of the club in the Championship the following year.

I believe he is the Premiership manager least likely to be sacked next season.

Wayne, you said in one of your final list of posts - either your 2nd or 3rd post that

"obviously, I would love him to take it by storm, but for me he has proved the bare minimum and I don''t want us to get caught by being too loyal to an unproven manager."

As a matter of interest, who would you consider to be a proven Premier League Manager?

As much as I like Mick, he hasn''t really cut the mustard at the top table (Colmans or other brands), so, I know that you guys are upset that he didn''t take you to the promised land, but unfortunately that''s an issue you need to take up with Mr Evans - they are both yours and wishing no disrespect, you''re welcome to them both!

[quote user="lappinitup"]Don''t bite lads, obvious a binner is obvious........[/quote]
This^^^^  And what Miggins said.

Canarywayne wrote the following post at 29/06/2015 2:35 PM:

Before I start to question Alex Neil as a premiership manager, to me he all he has done is got a side that should have walked a poor championship into a position that was bare minimum at the start of the season.

I know I will get moaned at for this, but he had a chance of automatic promotion and blew it when it mattered, and lets face it, we nearly blew it against the binners, so I just have a feeling that all the hype is just that and if it looks like we will struggle, we need to make the change sooner rather than later and not repeat the mistake we made with Hughton.

BBBBOOOOOOOOO

Sorry to be pedantic, but you ARE already questioning him as a Premiership manager.

Anyway, if AN had been in charge for the whole of last season, and if he''d managed the same points per game record for that season as he did for the matches he was in charge for, we''d have got 100 points-and that''s not giving him the credit for turning it around at Bouurnemouth.

Big ifs, I know but then if you''re going to talk nonsense then I''m allowed to as well.

What I like most about this board is the realistic attitude and lack of inflated expectations.

All im saying is that I don''t want the same situation as with the last clown, if its clear that he will struggle then we need to look to move on and not look at the past in the championship as though we were some kind of world beaters. we are a premiership club and as such should look and act like one, I really hope he can make the jump.

[quote user="Canarywayne"]Before I start to question Alex Neil as a premiership manager, to me he all he has done is got a side that should have walked a poor championship into a position that was bare minimum at the start of the season. I know I will get moaned at for this, but he had a chance of automatic promotion and blew it when it mattered, and lets face it, we nearly blew it against the binners, so I just have a feeling that all the hype is just that and if it looks like we will struggle, we need to make the change sooner rather than later and not repeat the mistake we made with Hughton.[/quote]

[img]http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2011/10/facepalm.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Canarywayne"]we are a premiership club and as such should look and act like one,[/quote]

This is all well and good but which one?

5 games is far to long or our season could be wrecked...the decision should be made during the first five minutes of the first pre-season friendly... [;)]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Apples

I really can''t see what the problem is, I have said I''m opened minded about him and if the performances are there then I will be fully behind him. but I''m not blinded to see there was glimmers of tactically failures, the Middlesboro game in the league is a prime example, we got done over well and truly, granted he redeemed himself in the final which was fantastic but in the premier league you don''t get those second chances.

so in short, If he starts well then I am fully behind him, if I don''t think he will cut it then I won''t wait to show my disappointment and I don''t want another Hughton saga hanging over us again all season.

sorry if I''m going against the grain here and not tub thumping him to be better than mourinho, but that''s how I feel.

[quote user="Canarywayne"]the Middlesboro game in the league is a prime example, we got done over well and truly[/quote]

Did we? Well and truly done over? You''re not really using facts in their truest sense are you?

Trouble for trouble''s sake.

This whole thread is a waste of reading time.

Now you quote the first Boro game as if a record of 100% success is to be expected from the man.

We can all agree that he got it right when it mattered.

Quite a few Premier League managers will get the chop as the season unfolds. Only exceptional circumstances will put Alex Neil amongst them, IMO.

To compare his situation with Hughton''s is facile.

The latter''s appalling tactics had heralded his demise long before the event. They made him more and more unpopular with the fans and clearly cast doubts amongst the decision makers. He had kept his head above water by getting a few wins when it mattered. This is worth remembering.

When the results dried a degree of panic set in. His sacking was popular, however bizarre, because he was unpopular.

The Alex Neil approach is about as far away from the Hughton approach as it is possible to be.

Goodwill will keep AN in his job for a long time, even if the results are not all to be expected.

Both the Board and the fans as a whole have realistic expectations of the season to come and are all well aware of just how difficult the task will be.

Sacking a manager after five games into a new season is completely stupid, in any case.

[quote user="Canary Dogg"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Yet another name change for Waveney[/quote]

Damn that Waveney Canary and his multiple aliases[/quote]You''ll need to change your name again soon Waveney, Wiz is catching you up. [:D]