Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Pearson sacked

"Leicester City Football Club has today (Tuesday) relieved its First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson, of his duties.

The Board of

Directors recognises the success Nigel has helped to bring to Leicester

City during his two spells in charge of the Club, particularly during

the last three and a half years. However, it has become clear to the

Club that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us.

Regrettably, the Club believes that the working relationship between

Nigel and the Board is no longer viable.

Leicester City’s owners, Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, and the

Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks to Nigel

for the considerable contribution he has made during his time with the

Club and wish him well in the future.

Khun Vichai and Khun Top remain wholly committed to the Club’s long-term

development and to on going investment in a squad that will continue to

be competitive in the Premier League. We trust that the Club’s

supporters will recognise that the owners have always acted with the

best interests of the Club at heart and with the Club’s long-term future

as their greatest priority.

Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh will take charge of first team duties

while the Club begins its recruitment of a new manager. There will be no

further comment until this process has concluded."
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/leicester-city-parts-company-with-nigel-pearson-2515428.aspxNot sure if this is good or bad news for Norwich City.

Slightly weird timing, you''d have thought he''d have gone at the end of the season if he was going, rather than now. I don''t suppose it''ll make too much difference to us, but may hinder their recruitment and pre-season a bit

I should have stuck a bet on as I suggested he''d be the first to go in a thread on here a few weeks ago. My reasoning was that he''d been sacked by Leicester before, and seemed a bit too spiky for their liking.

Amazed he survived the season. Would have understood if he''d been sacked after either the throttling or ostrich debacles, but weird he''s gone now!

We should go in for pearson - he''s exactly what we need; a ballsy, non-conformist who''s not going to be a yes man to the board. I could really seeing him stoking the fire at city, giving us the fight and grit needed to establish us as a PL clu b with longevity and verve.

[quote user="True Grit"]We should go in for pearson - he''s exactly what we need; a ballsy, non-conformist who''s not going to be a yes man to the board. I could really seeing him stoking the fire at city, giving us the fight and grit needed to establish us as a PL clu b with longevity and verve.[/quote]
Binner

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]Disgraceful treatment of the man who saved them last season reminiscent of McNasty forcing the Messiah out of the club[/quote]
What, McNally has sacked Alex Neil? 

these differences of opinion may be one of two things?

maybe either Pearson has asked for more transfer money to be made available for him to make bigger ,more high profile signings and was refused.......

or

...the board want him to make more high profile ,multi national signings and he didnt think it was the right way to go?......remember that Leicester signed a Japanese striker the other day for big money. Does that strike you as the kind of signing Pearson would make??.....if he''s having players forced on him from above, then it will always have ended badly.

[quote user="True Grit"]We should go in for pearson - he''s exactly what we need; a ballsy, non-conformist who''s not going to be a yes man to the board. I could really seeing him stoking the fire at city, giving us the fight and grit needed to establish us as a PL clu b with longevity and verve.[/quote]

So what attribute have you described there that Alex Neil does not already possess ?

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 30/06/2015 11:27 PM:

True Grit wrote:
We

should go in for pearson - he''s exactly what we need; a ballsy,

non-conformist who''s not going to be a yes man to the board. I could

really seeing him stoking the fire at city, giving us the fight and grit

needed to establish us as a PL clu b with longevity and verve.

So what attribute have you described there that Alex Neil does not already possess ?

Till at last a sensible post from you

True Grit clearly has lost his last brain cell - who in there right mind would sack a manager who took a club from 10th at Christmas to the premership 5 months later - I know True Grit - idiot

I think you will also find Pearsons spending in the transfer market was substantial (chicken or purple will know) - we need to stick with what we have 

True Grit wrote:

We should go in for pearson - he''s exactly what we need; a ballsy, non-conformist who''s not going to be a yes man to the board. I could really seeing him stoking the fire at city, giving us the fight and grit needed to establish us as a PL clu b with longevity and verve.

Do not give oxygen to what is clearly an inflammatory post.

Radio 4 suggesting the Thai owners none too impressed with behaviour on tour of Thailand and Pearson has paid the price. More than just the racist sex tape, apparently.

Let''s hope Leicester don''t make a sensible appointment, such as Alladyce or Lennon. There are only four teams in the relegation mini-league next season, the three newcomers and Leicester. We have to finish above Leicester to have a chance of staying up. However, notwithstanding the Leicester matter, without new starters at RB, RCB and striker, we lack the quality needed to avoid the drop.

The squad is stronger all-round than the one which got relegated.

The manager(s) is better.

I am not so pessimistic.

There will be additions to raise expectations.

We will likely be not significantly worse, nor significantly better than about nine other clubs in the league.

The so-called mini-league will possibly encompass about ten candidates.

Leicester''s chances are reduced by this sacking, IMO. There are signs reminiscent of the Venky''s here and the Foxes could well go the same way as Blackburn.

I''ve had run-ins with Pearson in my time so not too upset about this.

The owners of Leicester certainly aren''t the Venkys and have so far run the club very well in my opinion. Pearson looked unhinged at times last season and despite the late flurry he looked out of his depth for large parts of the season.

If Leicester do bring in Big Sam, which looks likely, then they will go into the season in a much stronger position than they would have done under Pearson.

He''d brought another negative publicity with his bizarre behaviour last season, even before the sex tape incident. His sacking is probably more the club trying to avoid a bad reputation more than anything. He can''t be the easiest man to get on with if his interviews are anything to go by.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Let''s hope Leicester don''t make a sensible appointment, such as Alladyce or Lennon. There are only four teams in the relegation mini-league next season, the three newcomers and Leicester. We have to finish above Leicester to have a chance of staying up. However, notwithstanding the Leicester matter, without new starters at RB, RCB and striker, we lack the quality needed to avoid the drop.[/quote]
Shouldn''t be an issue, you''re the only one who rates Lennon that highly. Anyone sensible wouldn''t dare take a risk on him in the prem, not even proven in the Champ yet!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Let''s hope Leicester don''t make a sensible appointment, such as Alladyce or Lennon. There are only four teams in the relegation mini-league next season, the three newcomers and Leicester. We have to finish above Leicester to have a chance of staying up. However, notwithstanding the Leicester matter, without new starters at RB, RCB and striker, we lack the quality needed to avoid the drop.[/quote]
Shouldn''t be an issue, you''re the only one who rates Lennon that highly. Anyone sensible wouldn''t dare take a risk on him in the prem, not even proven in the Champ yet!
[/quote]Is that the "indie" viewpoint?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Let''s hope Leicester don''t make a sensible appointment, such as Alladyce or Lennon. There are only four teams in the relegation mini-league next season, the three newcomers and Leicester. We have to finish above Leicester to have a chance of staying up. However, notwithstanding the Leicester matter, without new starters at RB, RCB and striker, we lack the quality needed to avoid the drop.[/quote]

I''m sure Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham and Villa fans will be pleased to know they''re staying up with all the difficulties they''re in. Not so exciting for the neutral now though.....

More than 4 teams could realistically get relegated next season..

BBC say that his sacking was not for footballing reasons. You would have thought Lineker might have guessed this before he made his ''Those who run football never cease to amaze with their stupidity'' comment.

I guess that goes for so-called pundits too then.