Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Eng U21s & Redmond

It''s been said before, but instead of the commentator continually criticising the players, I think the tactics should be looked at. I''ve never rated Southgate! Stick to Pizza adverts my old cocker!

That''s just stupid - IMO some of the players have let the occasion get to them. The strikers have been as poor, Kane and Ings look like poor Champs strikers rather than the ''next big thing''. Getting Redmond back uninjured was always the main thing for me.

Shocking defending, 3 sloppy goals conceded tonight but for all the hot air about Kane, Redmond, Ings & co just one goal scored in the whole tournament tells you all you need to know.

Painful truth is just like the seniors we are overrated and think we are far better than we actually are.

Bring on the cricket! FFS

Have to agree with McManaman;    the team has simply not been good enough.    The central midfield have been weak, outmuscled and outplayed in all three games,   meaning we simply didnt have a platform for Kane and redmond to build upon.

Add in some very weak lack of focus defending (even adding stones has not solved things) and it shows a couple of hot players is not enough at the top level.  

I do think Redmond Kane and Jenkinson have looked good going forward but not seen enough of the ball.    Jenkinson would have been my "best" england player had he not fallen asleep for the third goal for example;  defenders have to defend.

Some look ok but lindegaard, chalobah,  ward prowse, Carroll and Gibson have been way out of their depth in each of their appearances

Right, we need a few volunteers now.
Someone to drive Nathan to the airport, someone to give him a daily massage, someone to put his towel on the sunbed, and a cocktail waiter