Sign in to follow this  
Miss Bum Bum

The news we have all been dreading

[quote user="Indy"]We will be chasing a lot of games where we will need a good poaching striker to play alongside the likes of Jerome. We will need options and going into this season with Jerome, Grabban, RVW & Hooper on paper is far stronger the last time we came up.

Keep him and see how he developes under Neil, if it doesn''t work out , January comes round fast![/quote]Those four will not be the quartet of strikers we list in our 25-man squad at the start of September.

My point is America has a chronic obesity problem because your nation''s staple diet is incredibly unhealthy.

Once again you confuse popularity with quality. I am aware McDonald''s is a successful worldwide franchise, but in terms of quality you may as well throw out he food and eat the packaging. - Bore

Chronic? Hardly. The obesity rate is dropping. But not in England.

Once again you change the topic. English food service establishments don''t exist in America and it''s got nothing to do with quality. If you think the vile pub grub you drool over is good quality, you''re as dumb as I thought.

The American "staple diet"? What the hell is that?

McDonald''s and every other US chain sells plenty of healthy food. Just because you only get double whoppers with cheese, hold the veggies, doesn''t mean everyone else does. So go back to the pub and pound a few pints and smoke and eat greasy crust covered salted meats and rethink your position on whose fit and strong, and who''s full of hot air. Hot, smokey, alcohol-fumed air.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 01/07/2015 7:31 PM:

Indy wrote:

We will be chasing a lot of games where we will need a good poaching striker to play alongside the likes of Jerome. We will need options and going into this season with Jerome, Grabban, RVW & Hooper on paper is far stronger the last time we came up. Keep him and see how he developes under Neil, if it doesn''t work out , January comes round fast!

Those four will not be the quartet of strikers we list in our 25-man squad at the start of September.

So you believe you are a man in the know Purple? Who do you see in your crystal ball will be our quartet of strikers at the start of September?

Would be extremely harsh of AN if at least Jerome isn''t one of them imo.

[quote user="lharman7"]PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 01/07/2015 7:31 PM:

Indy wrote:

We will be chasing a lot of games where we will need a good poaching striker to play alongside the likes of Jerome. We will need options and going into this season with Jerome, Grabban, RVW & Hooper on paper is far stronger the last time we came up. Keep him and see how he developes under Neil, if it doesn''t work out , January comes round fast!

Those four will not be the quartet of strikers we list in our 25-man squad at the start of September.

So you believe you are a man in the know Purple? Who do you see in your crystal ball will be our quartet of strikers at the start of September?

Would be extremely harsh of AN if at least Jerome isn''t one of them imo.[/quote]I have (on this...[;)]) no inside knowledge. It is a prediction. But I would be very surprised if those were the four. I take most rumours sceptically but when you get linked with so many strikers (at least four at the last count) it suggests it is an area we are looking at seriously. As to who might make up the four? A slightly pessimistic guess would be Jerome, Grabban, Hooper and AN Other, and of those linked Mbokani looks the likeliest AN Other. Beyond that, Hooper might be at risk of being shipped out (although I think more of him than do some fans). It all depends what kind of money we have to spend and our wages ceiling, and also who might be available (including on a season-long loan).

But Purple the strikers we have been linked with are no better than the four We have, Hooper & RVW with champions league experience, good players in the past and in Jerome an experienced premiership player.

I too don''t think it will be the four but my point is they are stronger than the strike force of Lambert.

Would the money not be better spent on shoring the back four as we have a solid & creative midfield and potentially good strikers.

I think it would be highly unlikely if Jerome isn''t one of the four.

I was not a lover of his game until the obvious influence AN had on him. I now believe he could be the main striker next season as he seems to have improved so much. He is now certainly far better than the Jerome who has previously played in the Premiership.

Although I also rate Hooper I have the fear that his game will not suit the system that AN seems to prefer and, as such, we could cash in on him.

I don''t really think Lafferty or RvW will make it into the four (but who knows, AN has seen Lafferty but RvW is mostly an unknown to him) and that could leave us needing two more strikers if we keep just Jerome and Grabban.

Interesting times!

[quote user="Indy"]But Purple the strikers we have been linked with are no better than the four We have, Hooper & RVW with champions league experience, good players in the past and in Jerome an experienced premiership player.

I too don''t think it will be the four but my point is they are stronger than the strike force of Lambert.

Would the money not be better spent on shoring the back four as we have a solid & creative midfield and potentially good strikers.[/quote]I am not assuming the players we are being linked with are the ones we will get, although as it happens I wouldn''t, for example, sell Hooper to get Glenn Murray. Or Jerome to get Gestede. But I would be amazed if Mbokani is no better than van Wolfswinkel. Indeed on the face of it, based on his record of a goal nearly every other game, including in internaional football, he would seem better than any of the four strikers we have. None of them is obviously of mid-table Premier League class. Based on past performance Jerome and Hooper''s level is the bottom six, and Grabban, though untried, looks at best the same. While van Wolfswinkel was a straightforward failure. We need at least one striker above that level.

Agreed that we need that striker above but I''m not convinced a late 29 year old with no premiership or big league experience is that answer.....that said we can''t afford or attract the best in the world so might behest available.

Defence is still our weak point and needs addressing with quality, in my opinion.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]The obesity rate is dropping. But not in England.[/quote]
I can''t find stats to back that up, can you?
This would tell a different story:
Interestingly, extreme obesity is also on the rise in the USA.  Source here.
Happy for you to evidence otherwise.
[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]English food service establishments don''t exist in America and it''s got nothing to do with quality. If you think the vile pub grub you drool over is good quality, you''re as dumb as I thought.[/quote]
Why do you think I "drool over" "vile pub grub"?  For someone who is sensitive about being stereotyped as a dumb redneck, you sure don''t mind dishing it out (making yourself look like a dumb redneck in the process, hello irony.)
[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]The American "staple diet"? What the hell is that? [/quote]
Glad you asked.  Presumably you hadn''t heard the term before. Let Bor Bor Bor educate you.
[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"] McDonald''s and every other US chain sells plenty of healthy food. [/quote]
Amongst the Big Macs and McFlurries.  You can buy nunchucks instead of guns too, can''t you? That''s the healthier option, eh?
[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Just because you only get double whoppers with cheese, hold the veggies, doesn''t mean everyone else does.[/quote]
Another ill-formed stereotypical opinion fail.
[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]So go back to the pub and pound a few pints and smoke and eat greasy crust covered salted meats and rethink your position on whose fit and strong, and who''s full of hot air. Hot, smokey, alcohol-fumed air.[/quote]
Yeah, we all smoke in pubs over here just like y''all still have slaves and live in trailer parks.
Actually, you probably do live in a trailer.
Enjoy.

I''ve had 2 players say to me that he was ''unreal'' in training but lost all confidence on the pitch. Maybe Neil can turn that around

[quote user="JF"]I''ve had 2 players say to me that he was ''unreal'' in training but lost all confidence on the pitch. Maybe Neil can turn that around[/quote]

I''m pleased you''ve said that JF, because I''d heard exactly the same thing about RvW - I think it''s something that left the rest of the squad baffled. It''s going to be interesting to see how the Ricky saga plays out this summer, and maybe beyond.

Reports I''ve seen and read plus personal observations are proof of enough for me. You can find similar reports more easily than whatever you dug up.

My Whopper cmoment was not a stereotype. That was about you since you think BK or KFC serve only fattening food. You''d think that if that''s all you ever ordered.

The beer, pie and cigs stereotype fits better than your stereotype does. It''s demonstrated on here frequently enough and I''ve seen

plenty of it too. It''s a mainstay of English pop culture.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Reports I''ve seen and read plus personal observations are proof of enough for me. You can find similar reports more easily than whatever you dug up.

My Whopper cmoment was not a stereotype. That was about you since you think BK or KFC serve only fattening food. You''d think that if that''s all you ever ordered.

The beer, pie and cigs stereotype fits better than your stereotype does. It''s demonstrated on here frequently enough and I''ve seen

plenty of it too. It''s a mainstay of English pop culture.[/quote]What''s your opinion on Obama, GtG?

Weak on terror, made bad calls on every racial issue by making wrong assumptions publicly, ok on economy considering what he started with, not good getting caught hacking Merkel and others'' communications.

Why?