Sign in to follow this  
Miss Bum Bum

The news we have all been dreading

wasn''t dreading it 4 a minute. He''s still a talented player...I think a guy like AN can get the best out of him!

I have to agree, given Neil''s man management, if he gets the chance I''m sure The Wolf might just come good.

Gives us options if he stays.

Time will tell.

looking forward to it

not one pundit or expert thought he would fail so lets see what alex can do with him looking forward to this

Give him a chance under AN, if that''s what both parties want - it might work out, there''s little harm in seeing. At the end of the day there''s an £8m striker in there somewhere who''s good enough to be capped by the Dutch - if we can get him going again and VOO fit and firing that''s £12m+ of ''new'' players for absolutely nothing.

Why would we be dreading that?

Worst case scenario, AN doesn''t rate him, we move him on and lose nothing.

Best case, he can get the best from him and we might see some of the player we paid for.

I will admit the former seems more likely, but like I said, we lose nothing.

Can''t help thinking most of you guys are delusional about how good AN''s man management skills are and what they are capable of doing. RvW showed no potential at all for the year he played for us. It was like having 10 men on the pitch. Most of his youtube goals are tap ins and pens. He has no hope in the Premier League. Sorry, but there it is...

On the plus side, AN is great with quality players and I expect us to do very well this season. Looking forward to it but Wolf will not be playing for us.

I respectfully disagree actually Captain. I think for the first 10 games or so he was constantly making intelligent runs only for our players to not be intelligent enough to pick out the pass. Eventually he stopped, whether that was through instruction or whether he just stopped bothering, I don''t know.

Also, I watched him play 5 or 6 times for Sporting for the whole 90 minutes. There is/was a good player in there somewhere.

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]The news we have all been dreading[/quote]And there was me thinking you were about to change your name again Waveney. [:S]

Okay, I love him as much as you all do, but I''m a bit sceptical on AN''s ability to fix ANY player. RvW could turn great with a bit of work though.

The Wolf will come good .... Hughton was to blame. Look what happened to all our offensive players when he took over. He inherited the 9th highest scoring team in the Prem and turned us into a nervous, cautious and hesitant side who rarely got the ball in the final third let alone to Wolfswinkel''s head or feet.

Welcome him back and give him your full support.

I''m not going to make any bold predictions about whether RVW comes good, one thing that is obvious though is when RVW first came to us, his movement was very good!

As time wore on, he lost confidence and belief that he was going to get the ball in goal scoring positions in a Hughton team, the movement stopped as a result; I''m sure that''s how most fans remember him. We played him out of position essentially. Every time he got the ball, he was generally far too deep. We didn''t have one striker that performed under Hughton which says a lot (Holt only scored 8 goals compared with his 15 or so the season before.

RVW hasn''t set the world alight at St Etienne, having not seen any of his performances, I don''t want to speculate on that.

If Neil does like RVW, please get behind him! He''s clearly a confidence player... The one thing you I can say with confidence is that if fans get on his back after 1 or 2 games for not scoring, it will be counterproductive and not give him the chance to put right the memories of his first season.

Only scored once but should have taken that penalty and was on the wrong end from a couple of world class saves.

May not come good but to have a manager that will recognise his strengths and actually play to them is a good start.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]AN stated when he came here that everyone starts with a clean sheet[/quote]

That should be good news for the Wolf bearing in mind how many clean sheets he gave the opposition last time he played for us!

''ALL'' been dreading? Certainly not me - along with several others it would seem!

A talented player working with a talented manager may just produce the outcome many of us hoped for all along...

A lot of very recent (last few hours) many people on social media are tweeting (had to translate) saying things such as:

''Jorge wants Wolfswinkel at Sporting again, I do not know if it''s good or bad''

''Jorge wants Wolfswinkel again ..''

''Wolfswinkel RETURN to Sporting?''

''Wolfswinkel again at Sporting? Oh what a dream''

It seems that Sporting are interesting in signing the Wolf according to a few people in Portugal.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=938541792882822

There''s a danger that the good weather will trick AN into thinking rvw is stronger than he really is.

Hopefully the wind will pick up so AN can consistently see a light breeze cause rvw to hit the deck.

I seem to remember reading that the player always impressed a lot in training, and in sharp contrast to the way he performed in games, particularly at the end.

This is his very last chance to establish himself in the English game.

It will be interesting, if nothing else.

Good luck Rikki. Would rather have £5m though.

RvW lacked basic ball control, positioning and physical presence a year ago - I can''t see any of those factors changing in 12 months. We need a new starting striker who Jerome can shadow, supported by our best finisher, Hooper. RvW, Larfferty and Grabban should be loaned/sold.

RVW - clearly has some talent the club wouldnt have paid 8.5 mill for him for the sake of it.

Sometimes it does not work under certain managers - I think under CH we could have had the worlds best strikers and they would have still only score half a dozen goals.

If he remains lets hope AN is the man to turn his form around

I''m not RVW''s biggest fan but then again look how Harry Kane turned out and we all said the same about him I recall.

Just thought I''d put this here.http://gfycat.com/UnhappyDaringIndianrhinoceros

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Just thought I''d put this here.http://gfycat.com/UnhappyDaringIndianrhinoceros[/quote]
It''s one of those moments that no matter how many times you watch it, it doesn''t get any less painful

With all of these negative, so-called supporters around it''s sure that the guy will fail. Get behind him and give him confidence !!!!!!