Sign in to follow this  
Essex_Canary

Sublimation

Interesting to see the club''s reasoning for the price hike on the new shirt being down to the radical new sublimated shirt technology being used...except it''s not radical or even new.

To quote the club “Using a different technology for pressing together the design and fabric, we have really moved the kit forwards."

Sublimation means you can any design in any colour, no matter how innovative or detailed...and Errea use it to make up a design with two colours and straight lines. Bet their design team spent ages working that one out!!!

Are we sure that Sublimation is not the psychological, rather than manufacturing, term?

In Freud''s psychoanalytical theory, erotic energy is allowed a limited amount of expression, owing to the constraints of human society and civilization itself. It therefore requires other outlets, especially if an individual is to remain psychologically balanced.

Sublimation is the process of transforming libido into "socially useful" achievements, including artistic, cultural and intellectual pursuits. 

Flogging football kits at inflated prices incorporates elements of all three.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]How much are the new shirts retailing for?

[/quote]

£48 apparently.

This is a habitual irritation of mine.  Why should trim, slim people who look after themselves pay the same for a shirt as someone who has let themselves go to seed, let themselves go, or is otherwise obese if not incredibly obese?
More material = more cost = higher purchase price.  It is only fair.
S     £35
M     £37.50
L     £40
XL     £45
XXL     £50
XXXL     £55
XXXXL - whatever Halfords charge for a tent, and double it

Has your friend tried ginseng supplements and regular exercise?

Sometimes a suppressed libido can be a sign of depression. I would suggest seeing your doctor for a discussion, assuming you can get an appointment this side of 2016.

Who is this Freud we''ve been linked with?

I''m worried as the only Freud I could find seems to be permanently injured - he spends all his time on the treatment couch - so another VOO.

When he does play and is about to tackle he makes a slip at the vital moment and gives the game away.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]This is a habitual irritation of mine.  Why should trim, slim people who look after themselves pay the same for a shirt as someone who has let themselves go to seed, let themselves go, or is otherwise obese if not incredibly obese?
More material = more cost = higher purchase price.  It is only fair.
S     £35
M     £37.50
L     £40
XL     £45
XXL     £50
XXXL     £55
XXXXL - whatever Halfords charge for a tent, and double it
[/quote]

Oh, so that''s why a Marquee Signing is so expensive...