Sign in to follow this  
yoda

FAO Yorkcanary

I''m currently in your lovely city for 3 days and looking forward to visiting a few decent pubs especially a pint of Yorkshire terrier !

My Master

Not a pub but the force is strong in Filmore & Union in the centre. Downstairs is a cafe, you must use your instincts to find the hidden stairwell to the restaurant. Top top food!

Now then sir, glad to hear you''re visiting the fine City!

Unfortunately, I''m not the biggest drinker so not much of a pub connoisseur I''m afraid!

However, there are more pubs than days of the year in the York so you''ll be spoilt for choice.

I know Ye Olde Starre Inn is lovely and supposedly the oldest in the City. There''s also Golden Fleece on the Pavement and Blue Bell on Fossgate. Even the York Tap at the train station is lovely if you''re coming up that way. Plenty of real ales and craft beers there according to my in laws.

Like I said though, you really won''t struggle to find a decent pub in York. Even if you only look around Stonegate. Evil Eye is always very interesting too - supposedly one of Jonny Depp''s favourite places in York lol. All sorts of exotic stuff in there. Let me know how you get on!