Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Jelavic

I think he could do a job here yes I know he had some operations but even with that he had 8 goals last year for Hull and they are only asking 3 Million for him. Nice back up to have. Opinions?

Don''t see him as a AN type of striker- all he is is a finisher, Neil likes strikers who work the channels, hold the ball up and bring others in to play, Jelavic isn''t like that. If anything he is a better version of Hooper.

No where near the level of player we need to be going in for. If crystal palace, a low level PL team from a crap part of south london, with arguably the worst ground in the leauge have the clout to go into serious negotiations with regards to signing someone like yohan cabaye for 10 million then we should be looking into similar quality.

Did OK with Rangers, did well with Everton to start with, then seems to have lost interest whilst at Hull. If you''re little more than a goal poacher you need to be a good one - and he isn''t. Too wasteful and not as good as Hooper...

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I think he could do a job here yes I know he had some operations but even with that he had 8 goals last year for Hull and they are only asking 3 Million for him. Nice back up to have. Opinions?[/quote]

I give up honestly I give up

No thanks. When was the last time he even scored a goal?

Would prefer Bamford on loan.

Could Branford be the answer? Though Stoke are said to be after him.

I wouldn''t be too disappointed with Bamford on loan.

Would also like to go after Hughes from Derby, both really good young players.

Despite not wanting Jelavic some of you are doing him a disservice. 8 goals in 26 Premier League games in a team struggling to score is pretty impressive, especially as the season was broken up by injury. He''s a consistent scorer at this level and would be a good signing for a team that plays in the right style for him- just we are not that team.

[quote user="True Grit"]No where near the level of player we need to be going in for. If crystal palace, a low level PL team from a crap part of south london, with arguably the worst ground in the leauge have the clout to go into serious negotiations with regards to signing someone like yohan cabaye for 10 million then we should be looking into similar quality.[/quote]

Cr**p part of south London?

I like it