Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

Premier League - the little things

There are a few subtle little things enjoy when we are promoted. You know - those small things that indicate we''re back in the big time. Things like;* The first time you go the the sports pages of the BBC website, and you notice we''ve been moved to the Premier League section; or* The first time you see that distinctive Premier League font on the back of a Norwich City strip.However the biggest one has to be when I finally see a return of the Relegation Mini League thread!

The bit to dislike. Less Saturday 3 o''clock kick offs.

Saturday 5.30, Saturday midday, sunday 4 o''clock. Hate all them.

.....welcome to the PL! :-)

I have to say I do look for us being moved up on the beeb (I believe it happened just before the fixtures came out); another thing for me as a distant supporter is the fewer (planned) midweek games - I''ve always loved evening games but nowadays they are dead hard to get back for - I think we''ve got two at home this season.

There are negatives, though - the Champs often seems like it is two games a week (almost too much), whereas in the PL there''s a lot of gaps between games (particularly if/when we are beaten early in the cups) which can feel like an age.

Getting a proper match report in the newspapers rather than hoping that you are the one Champs match highlighted or a couple of lines in a sidebar summary.

Nothing beats having the big guns come to your place with the anticipation of a little upset to send you home happy. It would be particularly fantastic if we gave Chelsea a bit of a shock when they come.

Being able to waste money on trivial things like buying players when everyone know you only have to spend £10,000 to have a team that will win everything.

Not running up a massive debt and still believing that you are making progress towards your ambition.

Being able to complain that local and national media focusses on your rivals just because they are in a higher division.

Pretending that cup runs are not important.

AGM''s where its just a board love in and the true state of the club is ignored.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Try to put a nice positive thread up........ first 2 responders use it to have a moan.[:''(][/quote]
Ha ha, you''re right TgoMT, I am at work, and had actually started a positive post straight after my moan, but had to crack on with working, and didn''t finish it.
It was along the lines of financial security, feelgood factor, spreading the Global word about NCFC.

Being repeatedly last on MOTD!

Cringing every time there is a shot or mention of Delia and food puns

(1) Streams.

Just right for us plastics and now to be made better by our dinky little Android machines (or whatever.)

(2) Week-ends in London. From where I am it is more feasible to take a trip up to Town for a Premier League game than venture farther afield.

Fulham last season was my one and only and it needed an evening at Madame Jojo''s to rescue the week-end. The Nancy boys in drag in the club were far more entertaining than those in the yellow on the pitch (we lost.)

Fulham, Palace, Spurs and more if possible, here I come.

(3) MotD. Love it or hate it, it''s always been where it''s at. Besides, robbed of Hughtonism, we might not be last on the menu.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Try to put a nice positive thread up........ first 2 responders use it to have a moan.[:''(][/quote]
Ha ha, you''re right TgoMT, I am at work, and had actually started a positive post straight after my moan, but had to crack on with working, and didn''t finish it.
It was along the lines of financial security, feelgood factor, spreading the Global word about NCFC.
[/quote][Y]Maybe I just posted a little too early into Friday to get that good vibe.

Personally I like the fact that you can plan a holiday easier.

Can now get two weeks away during the three week breaks in between home games.

If you are are holiday and city are on Sky you can normally find somewhere to watch it

But not looking forward, if we stay up, to Friday night KOs

[quote user="BroadstairsR"](1) Streams.

Just right for us plastics and now to be made better by our dinky little Android machines (or whatever.)

(2) Week-ends in London. From where I am it is more feasible to take a trip up to Town for a Premier League game than venture farther afield.

Fulham last season was my one and only and it needed an evening at Madame Jojo''s to rescue the week-end. The Nancy boys in drag in the club were far more entertaining than those in the yellow on the pitch (we lost.)

Fulham, Palace, Spurs and more if possible, here I come.

(3) MotD. Love it or hate it, it''s always been where it''s at. Besides, robbed of Hughtonism, we might not be last on the menu.[/quote]

Fulham????????????????????

Oops. Typo M''Lud.

Meant Arsenal of course (wallet permitting.)

Fulham might not be out of the question either, if I am in the mood to see 1p5wich smashed, that is. A very good day out, lovely spot, pubs, eateries etc. and I do like the occasional visit to a World Heritage Site.

Do they still do those sticker books? The Panini one I had years ago when I was a nipper had more stickers for top flight clubs than the rest, but that was before the PL. I loved it when finally getting the NCFC team pic.