Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Who have we signed so far

Got a feeling we are making same mistake as before when we got promotion. We have made no major signings and not reinforced our squad . Lets hope we do soon this time before its too late .

[quote user="72season"]Got a feeling we are making same mistake as before when we got promotion. We have made no major signings and not reinforced our squad . Lets hope we do soon this time before its too late .[/quote]

We''ve signed two players with Premier League experience so on point one you are wrong and on point two you are wrong.

I agree with the OP you want new players in ASAP to get to know the group get to know the way the manager wants to work.

Rest assured the money has been trousered there will be no more than 1 cheap signing to come

How come Bournemouth have six, Watford five and we have only one. I hope a lot of work is going on that we have no knowledge. Surly McNasty can''t allow this to continue, new players take time to sign but this is getting ridiculous.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]How come Bournemouth have six, Watford five and we have only one. I hope a lot of work is going on that we have no knowledge. Surly McNasty can''t allow this to continue, new players take time to sign but this is getting ridiculous.[/quote]

Let them panic buy, we''re doing it properly.

Yes let''s hurry and just buy players for the sake of it !!!!!

Let''s not work hard tiger AN No 1 targets , let panic buys d get numbers in!!!!!

FACE PALM

"Sine anywun Buh! I dunt giva chuff if they r''any gud! Wee need bodiees tu bond tugetha!"

Some of you really do appear to have difficulty counting - our current signings are Dorrans and Mulumbu - that makes 2, not 1, with a transfer fee outlay of c£3-4m.

Bournemouth''s total includes 4 ''frees'' which somehow don''t seem to count for some of you when they sign for us, so excluding those we are equal (and their lone signing is then the way overpriced Mings)....perhaps that will make you feel happier?!

Biding our time for the right player is surely the right thing to do, rather than wading in and ending up with the wrong ones.

I''m just surprised the annual clamour for Grant Holt to come back hasn''t started yet...

Apples

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I''d be more worried if we''d chucked a load of money at Tyrone Mings and Sylvain Distin[/quote]

totally agree

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]Not panic yet just concern. Panic will start fully next week with hysterical reaction the week after that[/quote]

Which day next week?

When Holloway was in charge of Palace two years, he openly admitted (after the event) that he had put more focus on bringing in quantity early than signing the right players. They ended up leaving two summer signings and two other established squad members out of their 25-man squad because they were so over-stocked.Two solid signings by the beginning of July? No need to panic whatsoever. Everyone is back at Colney now so things should start to speed up in the next couple of weeks.

At this point it is very much worthwhile looking at the squads said comparable teams have come up with.

I still maintain that we have the most premiership ready squads of the teams that came up in terms of experience etc.

Bournemouth for example, prior to signing Atsu on loan, had four strikers of which the most well known are Wilson who has just had the best season of his career to boot and looks like he has the potential to step it up a league and Yann Kermorgant who is 33 and never played higher than the Championship.

I like Surman as a player but when looking at it realistically, would he have bee a regular for us last season? Or as regular for us as he has been for them? I doubt it. With Johnson taking up a role on the left I honestly don''t think we have missed him as much as I thought we might at the start of the season, despite Adams trying to keep him.

Along with Watford I would say their defenses are not as good as ours was last season, I feel they had more work to do in terms of numbers and in quality.

Watford have the strikers if they can keep them, but again the defence and arguably midfield have a lot of question marks surrounding them.

It''s also just the excitement that comes with a new signing that people are craving for... Some guys are just freaking out because other teams are signing and we aren''t yet... It''s like a replacement for the feeling of winning a game during the regular season...

Charlie Wyett Norwich fan and the sun football journalist said today:

Norwich looking to sign up to 6 players. One could be a left-back as Martin Olsson will miss first 2 mnths after an op @TheSunFootball

He also replied to someone that Dorrans & Mulumbu are included in that 6.

Well I would have thought a CB, RB, LB, LM & CF still to come.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]

I''m just surprised the annual clamour for Grant Holt to come back hasn''t started yet...

Apples

[/quote]Is his knee better yet? I''m sure he''ll have kept himself in excellent condition during his recuperation, let''s get him back! You can''t put a price on that kind of commitment and influence in the dressing room. He''s done it at the top level before, even if it''s just for the odd half hour here and there I''m sure he''d knock a few goals in.Discuss...[6]

I would be very happy if we signed 6 including Dorrans and Mulumbu.

We need a few quality additions not whole bunch of panic buys.

I''d be more concerned if I were a Toon fan.

They just scraped home last time around, have McClaren as boss (and he cannot even find an assistant) and have yet to sign a player.

Four minuses IMO.

From the Daily Mail:

"Steve McClaren pleads for patience in email sent to Newcastle supporters... but he still hasn''t made a summer signing

Magpies boss made the plea after a frustrating start to his Toon tenure.

Despite escaping relegation on the last day, the club are yet to sign anyone.

Phil Neville and Boudewijn Zenden rejected the chance to be his No 2.

McClaren spent his first two-and-a-half weeks alone at the training ground."

They look more and more likely to be in the discomfort zone as well as us (and quite a few others) this coming season.

Having got things so badly wrong in the recent past I should think that the footballing board will be treading carefully this time round. A lot of fans hailed previous windows where we''ve signed a fair few, only to come to their senses later on in the season when it dawns on them that we''ve in fact brought in a load of turkeys.I hope this window we''ll look at eventual replacements for some of our older players and add quality rather than sheer quantity. Signings aren''t a panacea and we ought to give the younger players a chance rather than give a place on the bench to a tired old has-been.If our younger ones aren''t up to scratch then we should look to speculate moderate amounts on signing some better ones. It''s the younger end of the team where we can hope to make a few bob in the future, but so far we''ve bought older players.