Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

Nathan Dyer? Er....yes please

Reported on Come on you Swans.com that us and Newcastle are interested in him. New signings may oust him. I''d take him in a heartbeat. Reminds me of Ruel Fox in his hayday.

Anyone else hear this???

I see a bit of a flaw with this idea, in that whilst Dyer ''can'' play left wing, and whilst Redmond ''can'' play there as well, both are at their best on the right, so unless it''s part of an Alex Neil plan to move Redmond more centrallly into a Wes position and play Dyer on the right, it''d simply be expensive cover who wouldn''t come here to play second fiddle anyway...I certainly wouldn''t be averse to the signing IF we got they key players we needed first (2-3 new defenders for LB, CB and RB, a genuine LW and a strong CF) and then had finances left over to bring players like Dyer in then great, otherwise it''s an unnecessary expenditure IMHO.

Would take him. I wouldn''t break the bank for him though.

I wish we''d turn our attention to Gradel, he''d be a better fit and probably cheaper.

Nathan Dyer would be an excellent addition to the squad. As others have said he has pace to burn and would provide good competition for Redmond.

Having said that, I can''t see this happening.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Hell yeh
But you never see him and Chris Rock in the same room though.......
[/quote]Glad it''s not just me who has noticed that [:)]I could see him choosing us over Newcastle – Swansea is a well-run club with a sound footballing philosophy, and he might just be swayed by a club with solid foundations and a passionate, up-and-coming manager rather than the quicksand on which Newcastle is currently quaking. That said, 50,000 fans and Steve McClaren might still be enough to turn his head – without knowing the player it''s all conjecture, but I reckon we will be more attractive an option than a lot of people think.

A great little player, that no doubt we would like as he takes players on, has bags of pace and terrorises defenders by running at them.

Certainly that attacking midfielder that may add goals and if Redmond was injured could pick up he mantle left by him too.

Both in the same team sheet sounds good at times too off the big man.

He''d certainly be an excellent addition- fits in with the ''quality over quantity'' philosophy and ticks all the boxes: good age, proven Premier League quality, wouldn''t cost a bomb.As for whether we''d beat Newcastle to signature- I think we beat them to Fer, didn''t we? Although admittedly, we were coming off the back of two mid-table Premier League finishes then.

Exactly the type of player we should target. I''d be as chucked as fuff if this came off. Noone too please, make us strong in the dept with Redmond too.