Sign in to follow this  

Been a lot of lightning around recently and they say lightning doesn''t strike the same place more than once but as far as NCFC is concerned - it seems like it has happened in the same place twice, in the space of six years.  Seemingly doomed to mediocrity or worse on two occasions, yet the first lightning bolt occured when Lambert visited CR with Colchester - and they were impressive, as bad as we were that day.   Then after the ligtning bolt was captured and harnessed for our own use, mediocrity seemed to be setting in again until another lightning bolt hit in the form of AN.   Instant energising occured in both situations. 

The point I''m trying to make is - how many other clubs have had such instant and spectacular success in such a short space of time with managers like we did with AN and Lambert?   Very few, I should think - if any.    Instant success is not common in football - Pulis is reckoned to be sure fire success - but not many little known managers jump into the big time - and we have had two now.  AN looks destined for a top managerial career, hopefully with Norwich over a few years - but boy, have we as fans not been fortunate with these two.......unprecedented.

Good post and gets me now hoping that the second strike of lightning will last and not just be a one season flash in the pan, which I dont think it will be.

Also, I like to look at these two great signings by the Board/Mcnally and give credit where its due rather than the failures we have had, some of which actually started promisingly before crash and burn, its sustaining the form and performances that is the challenege.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Ahhh, yes, but with lightning strikes come the concussive roar of thunder, and subsequent wreckage.[/quote]As Nigel Worthington found out in the last few minutes of his last match against Burnley......

Lambert was a failure as a manager in Scotland with Livingston fc he is crap nobody has made any effort to hire him since he was sacked