Sign in to follow this  
Display Name

2015/16 Premier League table predictions

Thought it would be interesting to put on record our predictions for the coming season in the way of the final league table standings. Here is mine:

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Manchester United

4. Manchester City

5. Liverpool

6. Southampton

7. Tottenham Hotspur

8. Swansea City

9. West Ham United

10. Stoke City

11. Everton

12. Crystal Palace

13. Aston Villa

14. Norwich City

15. West Bromwich Albion

16. Newcastle United

17. Sunderland

18. Bournemouth

19. Watford

20. Leicester City

Looking forward to this post being dragged up in 10-11 months time to see just how wrong I was!

It is impossible to guess until the main transfer business is done. Norwich securing the A list candidates will do much better than scraping the C listers. Let us wait and see.

But for my money -as things stand- we will finish between 15th and 20th with Sunderland, Villa, Bournemouth, a surprise team, Leicester and Watford battling it out at the bottom.

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3.Arsenal

4.Liverpool

5. Man City

6.Spurs

7.Everton

8. Villa

9. Swansea

10. Palace

11. Stoke

12. Southampton

13. Norwich

14. West Ham

15. Bournemouth

16. Leicester

17. West Brom

18. Newcastle

19. Watford

20. Sunderland

1. Man city

2. Chelsea

3.Man u

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6.Spurs

7.Everton

8. West Ham

9. Swansea

10. Stoke

11. W B A

12. Southampton

13. Newcastle

14. Villa

15. Sunderlan

16. Watford

17. Palace

18. Norwich

19. Leicester

20. Bournemouth

I love that people at this time have us above good established sides......with the squad we have at this time we have more chance of getting relegated than staying up.

If we get a quality CB, RB and a proven striker at this level than we will do OK.

Sorry but Hull players who have been relegated and inset with a losing mindset are not the signings we need.

I know Mings is well over priced but he''s young and certainly motivated to push himself, the type of player we need young hungry and motivated to prove themselves not plodding pros picking up a wage.

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3.Man Utd
4. Man City
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Southampton
8. Everton
9. Swansea
10. Stoke
11. West Ham
12. Palace
13. WBA
14. Sunderland
15. Norwich
16. Newcastle
17. Bournemouth
18. Leicester
19. Villa
20. Watford

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Manchester United

4. Manchester City

5. Liverpool

6. Southampton

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Spurs

7. Southampton

8. Everton

9. Swasea

10. West Ham

11. Stoke

12. Aston Villa

13. Crystal Palace

14. West Brom

15. Norwich City

16. Newcastle

17. Sunderland

18. Leicester City

19. Bournemouth

20. Watford

I''m plumping for our current alphabetical position of 12th, with Watford, West Brom and West Ham in the bottom three.

The only problem i can see with your approach Fuzzy, is that would have Villa finish 2nd, much more unlikely than us finishing 12th. Also B''mouth 3rd and Palace 5th is a bit far fetched.Other than that the bottom 3 could happen. Also , like the idea of Man Citehand utd 9th/10th, with spurs just surviving.

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Man City

4. Man Utd

5. Liverpool

6. Spurs

7. Southampton

8. Everton

9. Swasea

10. West Ham

11. Stoke

12. Crystal Palace

13. Bournemouth

14. Newcastle

15. Leicester

16. Aston Villa

17. Norwich

18. West brom

19. Sunderland

20. Watford

indy " hull players, losing mentality, THEN

I know Mings is well over priced but he''s young and certainly motivated to push himself, the type of player we need "

Is it his winning mentality that stands out for you?? He''s garbage. I really do not see what the hype is about him fullstop never mind our fans drooling over him.

After Hughtons last season and Lamberts first then I''d suggest it''s the managers mentality that''s more important than the players.

FWIW I fancy there being at least 3 teams with a manager and team less motivated than ours so 17th at worst and 8th at best. The players we had WOULD have kept us up last time without jokeboy Hughton''s p1ss poor tactics and the squad has improved imho

[quote user="Indy"]1. Man city

2. Chelsea

3.Man u

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6.Spurs

7.Everton

8. West Ham

9. Swansea

10. Stoke

11. W B A

12. Southampton

13. Newcastle

14. Villa

15. Sunderlan

16. Watford

17. Palace

18. Norwich

19. Leicester

20. Bournemouth

I love that people at this time have us above good established sides......with the squad we have at this time we have more chance of getting relegated than staying up.

If we get a quality CB, RB and a proven striker at this level than we will do OK.

Sorry but Hull players who have been relegated and inset with a losing mindset are not the signings we need.

I know Mings is well over priced but he''s young and certainly motivated to push himself, the type of player we need young hungry and motivated to prove themselves not plodding pros picking up a wage.[/quote]So signing Brady would be bad because he has a "losing mindset" yet signing Mings is a good signing because he is young and motivated? Brady is a whole 9 months older and Mings would surely have a losing mindset by your logic as he lost in the playoffs.....But good to know you think Ings and Austin will be awful next season, we''ll revisit this post at the end of the season.

1.Arsenal

2.Chelsea

3.Man utd

4.Man City

5.Spurs

6.Liverpool

7.West Ham

8.Stoke

9.Southampton

10.Everton

11 Norwich

12 Swansea

13.Newcastle

14 Crystal palace

15. West Brom

16.Leicester

17. Watford

18. Bournemouth

19.Sunderland

20. Villa

Funny that the players you are referencing will be playing with far better squads than ours!

Just look back through premiership and teams who get relegated often lose players to newly promoted teams which most of the time go down too! Get & Snodders of last season come to mind!

My opinion is you fill journeymen players you get more chance of relegation, Mings has been watched by much bigger teams so they can''t all be wrong!

Still we will see.

The problem with this is that it just shows how poor a competition the Premiership really is.

Before the season even starts everyone knows that the winners will come from just four teams, and that those four teams will almost certainly be the top four and qualify for the Champions League.

With all the rules set up to help the money clubs it will never change. There are things that can be done to give the competition more interest but the authorities do nothing.

Before the Championship starts there will be half the teams in it expecting to have a realistic chance of winning it.

For the Premiership for about 6 teams to finish 5th is failure and for around half the division to finish 17th is success!

^ Agreed, Yellow Wall.

The Premiership was created by the country''s top 5 clubs (with the FA''s help) in order to create and maintain this situation. Naturally we merrily coat-tailed along with the rest of Div 1 but it wasn''t our idea.

So broadly speaking, it''s doing exactly what it was designed for. Poor competition, but fantastic income.

Funnily enough the Big 5 at the time were Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Arsenal. Between them, these five have won:

67% of the Premiership titles

67% of the Champs League spots

49% of UEFA/Europa places.

[Total 61% of combined qualifying spots]

Obviously Spurs & Everton have only maintained modest business and footballing success. The ''modern'' Big 5 (adding Chelsea & Man City) have won:

95% of Premiership titles

88% of Champs League spots

24% of UEFA/Europa places.

[Total 68% of combined qualifying spots]

I''m always rubbish at predictions but here goes:-

1. Chelsea

2.Arsenal

3. Man City

4. Man Utd

5. Spurs

6. Everton

7. Liverpool

8. Southampton

9.Swansea

10. Stoke

11. West Ham

12. Crystal Palace

13. Newcastle

14.Norwich

15.Bournemouth

16.Leicester

17.West Brom

18. Villa

19. Watford

20. Sunderland

ChelseaArsenalManchester UnitedLiverpoolManchester CityTottenham HotspurEvertonStoke CitySwansea CitySouthamptonSunderland Norwich City Newcastle United Aston VillaLeicester CityCrystal PalaceWest Bromwich AlbionWest Ham UnitedWatford Bournemouth